It appears as though I only have two options for my default browser:
    Rogers Mall
    Hotspot Browser
    There doesn't appear to be an internet browser option...is this something that I am able to fix or do I need to contact Rogers for this.
    09-03-08 11:00 AM
    Rogers Mall is a stripped down version of Browser, customized to assist your shopping experience with Rogers. $$$

Hotspot Browser is the fully functional Browser available to Wifi enabled devices, like your Bold.

You should also have Internet Browser, but you may have to change your connection settings to use it.

Assuming they are in the same place as an 8320, check:

Options / Mobile Network / Connections Preferences.

If it is set to Wifi Only, change it to Wifi Prefered or Mobile Network Preferred.

You should now have Internet Browser as an option.
    09-03-08 11:07 AM
    I can go so far as Options / Mobile Network, but there's nothing after that.
    I guess the reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to install a few things, one of which is MSN messenger. I had no problems using it on my Telus Pearl, however it will continuously try to sign in on my Bold. So I deleted it, however now I can't seem to find a installation that works. I've tried the blackberry.com downloads and I'm getting an unsupported device...
    09-03-08 12:22 PM

Assuming they are in the same place as an 8320, check:

Options / Mobile Network / Connections Preferences.

If it is set to Wifi Only, change it to Wifi Prefered or Mobile Network Preferred.

You should now have Internet Browser as an option.
    I've noticed the Bold is different in this regard - no option for choosing 'preferred' type of connection.

I can go so far as Options / Mobile Network, but there's nothing after that.
    I guess the reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to install a few things, one of which is MSN messenger. I had no problems using it on my Telus Pearl, however it will continuously try to sign in on my Bold. So I deleted it, however now I can't seem to find a installation that works. I've tried the blackberry.com downloads and I'm getting an unsupported device...
    Have you seen if you can see if through Advanced Options > Browser ?
    09-03-08 07:44 PM
    Have you seen if you can see if through Advanced Options > Browser ?
    That's the first place I looked, both the default browser configuration and the default WAP browser configuration have the same two options.
    I just want to make sure, but using the BB browser is the only way I can log onto mobile.blackberry.com?

EDIT: Just a side note, I updated to .134 today in the hopes that it might resolve this issue. However no such luck...it's almost time to call Rogers =(
    Last edited by Fixed; 09-04-08 at 12:17 PM.
    09-04-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD