So my husband dropped his phone (9650) and now the trackpad doesn't work. We have had insurance (Asurion) for ages. They want him to pay $99 for a refurbished Bold. I thought there was a $50 deductible??? What's up with this $99?
    07-13-11 04:43 PM
    about a year ago the deductable for smartphones went up to 99. the dumbphone went to 50.

have you brought it to a repair center? or is that what the over the phone people said?
    07-13-11 04:46 PM
    "I believe the deductible goes by phone model. Unfortunately for the Bold its 99. Depending on how long shes had it you might see if Verizon will cut you a deal on a refurbished Bold. Otherwise $99 is a bargain compared to full replacement cost. Sorry it happened to you. Make sure you notified Verizon so they can deactivate it otherwise you could end up with plan charges too !"

from
    Asurion $99 deductible???? - Verizon Wireless Community
    07-13-11 04:47 PM
    Dang where was I. I missed that!!!!! They said it both over the phone and at the repair center. Thanks guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 04:51 PM
    The deductible has been $99 for ages.
    07-13-11 05:21 PM
    Yes indeed, that's what they nailed me for..
    07-13-11 09:25 PM
    There is a place in NYC (4th ave) called "fixyourberry" and there on line. All the major carriers have gotten away from "repair" and just suggest getting a refurbished phone. Its quick and easy for them. I've had asurion for YEARS and I know I've paid enough not to have a $99 dollar deductible especially since I have been fortunate enough not to need a replacement phone or should I say "refurbished" phone in all these years
    07-13-11 09:34 PM
    There is a place in NYC (4th ave) called "fixyourberry" and there on line.
    Good to know. I wonder what their turnaround time is? Can they do some repairs (like the trackpad) while you wait?

07-14-11 07:12 AM
    Thanks all. A very helpful rep @ VZW (thanks Algie) gave both me and hubby early upgrades(we were due in Feb) (we won't be getting the insurance) for free and fed ex overnight two new phones to us tomorrow. We are jumping into the Android market although my beloved BB will be on standby. She's sending the GX2 or 2X - something like that.
    I personally believe the insurance is a rip off and won't ever purchse it again. I've had it on 3 phones for over 5 years. I think I just got ripped off!

07-14-11 08:46 AM
    Good to know. I wonder what their turnaround time is? Can they do some repairs (like the trackpad) while you wait?

YES, thats the good thing. They repair while you wait, the price for repairs is on the website (fixyourberry.com). They only fix Blackberry phones
    07-14-11 12:17 PM
    What is the crackberry equivalent for android?

07-14-11 12:20 PM
    Thanks all. A very helpful rep @ VZW (thanks Algie) gave both me and hubby early upgrades(we were due in Feb) (we won't be getting the insurance) for free and fed ex overnight two new phones to us tomorrow. We are jumping into the Android market although my beloved BB will be on standby. She's sending the GX2 or 2X - something like that.
    I personally believe the insurance is a rip off and won't ever purchse it again. I've had it on 3 phones for over 5 years. I think I just got ripped off!

Good luck with your Android phones, I hope they work out for you and your husband.
    07-14-11 12:22 PM

On Verizon? Droid Pro.
    07-14-11 12:26 PM

There is a Android forum on CB.....upper right hand corner
    07-14-11 12:27 PM
    ...or Android Central. CrackBerry's sister site
    07-14-11 12:37 PM
    Good luck to you. When our Pit Bull ate my Sprint Bold 9650, Asurion charged me a $99 deductible and I received a refurbished 9650 overnight. The refurbished model constantly dropped calls and rebooted itself 2-4 times per day. I managed to ditch it for a Curve 3G which I recently gave to a buddy of mine and bought another 9650.
    07-14-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD