Hey guys nmy friends trackball isn't functioning properly.
    One of his friends was changing her name in the contacts and the phone froze, stopped scrolling down, and the red light came on.
    It works now all except the trackball. It doesn't scroll down but scrolls in every other direction.
    What could be the problem?
    07-09-09 09:20 PM
    I guess you've already tried the cleaning-the-trackball solution? I use alcohol pads, but there are other options as well.
    07-09-09 09:26 PM
    Yes, tried cleaning, tried pressing down harder, tried rolling it fast to unstick it. Tried everything really.
    07-09-09 09:30 PM
    Hmm, I don't know if I can see the trackball being related to the problems of the software (how it froze, red light came on and had to restart). I mean, I'm fairly new to bb's and all (since Dec. '08, my join date), so maybe I'm wrong here. But it just seems strange to me that a hardware problem like the trackball not moving down but moving everywhere else, is related to it shutting down and restarting.

Are you one of the users who have taken their bb's apart before? Maybe try taking the tackball out, cleaning it WELL, and putting it back in? Or even while it's out, checking the contacts in the bb itself. (I'm beginning to not know what I'm saying here, as i've never taken mine apart, just read about it from others)
    07-09-09 09:38 PM
    You can get one or send it here: PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices

In the mean time, in a message press the space key to go down.
    07-09-09 10:02 PM
    Id put a new one in. They are about $7 and then it will work perfect again. Clean the area with a qtip when you take it out
    07-09-09 10:03 PM
    Try a new one it should work.
    Although, dropping it in a hot bath normally works for me.
    07-09-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD