I recently broke the screen on my Bold 9700. I have found a few replacements on eBay but, as I look around for a part with a relatively good price, I notice that a lot of sellers are insisting that, as a buyer, I buy the specific version of the screen that's in my phone. So on eBay I have found a couple of potential buys:

This one (version 001/111 - $57.77)

This one (version 004/111 - $67.95)

This one (version 002/111 - $73.79)

I ask this question because there's quite a price difference for each one and, if I can get away with purchasing the cheapest version, I'd like to buy that one. Is there a difference between the three versions? Which version should I get for my phone. My carrier is AT&T and I got my phone from them on a device upgrade back in April. I hope this information helps someone pinpoint a clue to help me out.
    10-11-10 07:32 PM
    Did you crack the glass part that covers the screen or is the entire LCD cracked? What xxx/xxx is on the back of the screen of yours? (What I recommend is, don't take it apart if you haven't done so, bring it into the carrier's shop and have them do the repairs, it will cost $30 more to fix the screen and your manufacturer's warranty will still be intact)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 07:35 PM
    A very small portion of the glass is cracked on the bottom left and it's visibly leaking fluid. The screen is still mostly visible but flickers out at random so I haven't taken it apart because I'm still using the phone. Is that where the part number I need is going to be?
    10-11-10 07:37 PM
    A very small portion of the glass is cracked on the bottom left and it's visibly leaking fluid. The screen is still mostly visible but flickers out at random so I haven't taken it apart because I'm still using the phone. Is that where the part number I need is going to be?
    It will be at the back of the screen. Your best bet (as I made the mistake of taking it to a kiosk run by scammers who charged triple for the cost of the screen + voiding my warranty as they weren't licensed) is to take it to the carrier and have it repaired there. you'll get a loaner phone, you'll also keep the warranty. Cost will be $150 or whatever RIM charges. It's worth it. I paid $360 and they gave me the wrong screen 3 times in a row.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 07:43 PM
    My phone was never under warranty in the first place so my carrier refuses to repair it without charging me $200. I have worked at a cell phone repair store and know exactly how to do it, I've just never run into a problem when I'm forced to choose from multiple versions of (what is essentially) the same OEM part.
    10-11-10 07:51 PM
    With that in mind you may wish to view this video, and the number you're looking for should be visible .....
    10-11-10 07:55 PM
    As Root said, it's located on the back of the screen here:
    10-11-10 07:57 PM
    Figures that I'd have to take the phone apart. Fair enough. Thank you guys for your help!
    10-11-10 07:59 PM
    Well since you stated you worked in a repair shop I am surprised you though that you would not have to take the phone apart to repair it or ev3en to get a part number from it.
    10-11-10 09:04 PM
    No, it's been 5 years since I worked there. Plus, I really didn't want to take the phone apart to replace the part until I knew what part it was and, sadly, now I do. The thing is, I don't have a phone until then.
    10-12-10 10:46 AM
    I can't read the number of my old display. How can i choose the right one?
    An other trick to discover the right code?
    06-13-11 11:43 AM
    Sorry to revitalize such an old thread, but I'm having the same issue when replacing my Bold 9700 LCD, but I can't use the solution posted above, as I bought the phone on eBay with no LCD in it (that's the only problem I need to overcome before being able to use the phone). I'm like the original poster: I have the knowledge to do the repair myself but have never run into a situation where I would have to choose between different versions of a LCD screen. Anyone have any ideas?
    12-17-11 07:08 AM
    As Root said, it's located on the back of the screen here:
    Click to view quoted image
    it's on the back of the screen after you take it apart.

just like the photo from above.
    12-17-11 08:11 AM
    Sorry to revitalize such an old thread, but I'm having the same issue when replacing my Bold 9700 LCD, but I can't use the solution posted above, as I bought the phone on eBay with no LCD in it (that's the only problem I need to overcome before being able to use the phone). I'm like the original poster: I have the knowledge to do the repair myself but have never run into a situation where I would have to choose between different versions of a LCD screen. Anyone have any ideas?
    Your best bet is to take it to a repair shop and have them try all the screens in it. Is the carrier's name still shown below the housing's keyboard? You'll know what screen to get for it.
    12-17-11 08:16 AM
    if it has a smaller tab that wraps around to connect it's probably a 004. i've replaced two of them my self and they were both 004 on AT&T. check out gadgitfix on ebay. they sell them for $30 and ship same day. really good quality, actually better then OEM in my opinion.
    12-17-11 12:29 PM
    Your best bet is to take it to a repair shop and have them try all the screens in it. Is the carrier's name still shown below the housing's keyboard? You'll know what screen to get for it.
    It's a Telus phone. Does anyone know what screen to get based on that, or where I can look that info up?
    Last edited by cellular_genius123; 12-17-11 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
    12-17-11 02:05 PM
    Hey thanks to the guy that pposted the picture with the screen version on the back you{re great man thanks.
    02-02-12 04:20 PM
    It's a Telus phone. Does anyone know what screen to get based on that, or where I can look that info up?
    I just took apart a Telus 9700. It was a 002/111 version.
    04-16-12 01:14 PM
    hello, who help me, I have a Blackberry 8900 Curve, and one evening when I got home, I got out of hand, the phone fell directly on his head, and turned white LCD display, when I raised below, some yellow striped appeared and no longer sees nothing but open when you see a little haze but only the top menu. you think you broke your LCD display or can be a problem on board? help me please, I display version 002/111 and found on eBay for $ 18-20
    09-23-12 03:56 PM
    hello, who help me, I have a Blackberry 8900 Curve, and one evening when I got home, I got out of hand, the phone fell directly on his head, and turned white LCD display, when I raised below, some yellow striped appeared and no longer sees nothing but open when you see a little haze but only the top menu. you think you broke your LCD display or can be a problem on board? help me please, I display version 002/111 and found on eBay for $ 18-20
    Your display's numbers NEED to match the one you got from ebay. Or what I better recommend is going to a repair shop and getting that done for you, if you don't know exactly what you are about to do with your blackberry.

If it still doesn't work, best to grab a used 9360, that runs OS 7.1. Best of luck.
    09-23-12 04:02 PM
    check this on ebay: it will make more easy your desicion

LCD Screen Reset Software for Blackberry Bold 2 9700 Onyx | eBay
    10-25-12 01:47 PM
    10-25-12 01:48 PM
    where can i get a blackberry 9700 scree as low as $30
    07-17-13 02:39 PM
    where can i get a blackberry 9700 scree as low as $30
    Craigslist, ebay, kijiji, other classifieds?
    07-17-13 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD