I Just went from a Tour to a Bold 9650 and seems the keyboard is way dimmer on the Bold then the tour is this common?
    I also checked teh Screen itself and its Brighter on my Bold then the Tour is this also common?
    Screen looks better on the Bold but the keyboard looks better (light wise) on the tour.
    06-14-10 02:27 PM
    Options> Screen/Keyboard> Backlight Brightness. Is the setting the same on both phones?
    06-14-10 03:05 PM
    Yes I went through both phones.
    Screen is brighter on the bold which I like better and the keyboard is dimmer on the bold which i prefer the Tours keyboard.
    06-14-10 04:02 PM
    yes, the keyboard is ever so slightly dimmer then the Tour, but you would only notice the tinny difference if you had them side by side, and even then its hard to tell that the Bold has a slightly dimmer keyboard
    06-14-10 04:26 PM
    I noticed that too. It seemed quite jarring when I first got the phone, but now that i've gotten used to it, it seems perfect. I sort of like it better because it is probably more efficient battery-wise.
    06-14-10 04:44 PM
    I noticed when i first turned on the bold not even looking at my Tour.
    My Tour keyboard looks white while the bold looks yellowish. Not a big deal just making sure this is how it is on the bold and not that I have some weak lighting issue.
    Love the Trackpad.
    I was debating on getting the HTC Droid but stuck with blackberry cause I figured there wasnt enough on the HTC to make me want to lose BBM, and how fast I recieve my Emails on the BB.
    06-14-10 07:47 PM
    The brightness of both my screen and keyboard are slightly dimmer on my Bold vs. the Tour. The color of the lights also seem to be a little warmer. I'm not viewing this as a negative as I'm hoping the device may draw less energy from the battery, thus affording me more up-time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD