Have read a couple of un-bricking threads but my phone still refuses to update. It often get's stuck at 'connecting at JVN' and when I do get it to go further, it loads it all onto the phone but the phone then still won't start up. It gets stuck at 2/3.

Could anyone help with this?

Thanks
    05-01-13 02:26 PM
    There might be an error somewhere.. So back up your device first. And then when you install the OS don't check the "back up" box when it asks you to. So then it will only install the stock OS and no applications. Sometimes 3rd party applications cause errors..
    05-01-13 09:35 PM
    Or install the OS from CrackBerry and then install that fresh OS.
    05-01-13 09:39 PM
    Thank you for your reply. However, this still hasn't helped and the phone still appears to refuse the software. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by gull; 05-05-13 at 03:53 PM.
    05-05-13 03:38 PM
    Hi,

My BB 9900 has also died on me and won't repair regardless if i charge it overnight, or remove the batteries. No red light, no anything on my screen. Just plain dead. What should I do? I dont know of a Blackberry Center in Italy.
    05-05-13 07:05 PM
    I've got the same problem.

My wife ok'd an update...and now it just sits with a battery and a lightning bolt.

At first it was a battery with a red X and we thought it was the aftermarket battery....so I ordered an "official" battery...it is to arrive tomorrow.

After reading posts I'm thinking more and more that its bricked...it's under warranty however...tmobile doesn't have any in stock to replace it with.
    05-05-13 08:34 PM
    interesting....

Wipe the phone completely with full erase or bbsak.

then install the OS.

if you want to find a service center near you go to the blackberry website and click on support? tried that yet OP?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-06-13 07:24 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I don't think there's a service centre that near to me, I may take it to a general phone repair shop, but if I am able to fix it myself I'd obviously rather do that. How do I go about completely wiping the phone?
    05-06-13 05:47 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I don't think there's a service centre that near to me, I may take it to a general phone repair shop, but if I am able to fix it myself I'd obviously rather do that. How do I go about completely wiping the phone?
    Maybe try going back one OS version if that was stable for you. I never found that BBsak or any of those things worked for me, I just used app loader.
    Download the OS to your pc and then install it on the phone, make sure you don't have the backup option selected.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-06-13 05:57 PM
    Hi,

My BB 9900 has also died on me and won't repair regardless if i charge it overnight, or remove the batteries. No red light, no anything on my screen. Just plain dead. What should I do? I dont know of a Blackberry Center in Italy.
    Take out the battery, plug it into a pc via the usb cable, after a few seconds the red led should come on, leave the usb plugged in and the pop the battery back in, should make the device boot

05-06-13 05:59 PM
    I've faced issues almost like yours, but with co workers/friends/family's devices. What I do personally if the problem arises and I need to reload an OS, I'll load a hybrid. If not no big deal...I then get the OS of the said device on my laptop, shrink out certain things[BBH Tool], delete the vendor file, use BB Easy Zero to completely erase everything on the handheld [ROM]. I then launch loader...Works for me every time, but to each their own.
    05-07-13 12:45 AM
    Maybe try going back one OS version if that was stable for you. I never found that BBsak or any of those things worked for me, I just used app loader and delete the vendor file, if you didn't get the OS from your carriers site
    Download the OS to your pc and then install it on the phone, make sure you don't have the backup option selected.

05-07-13 02:13 AM
    Hello, my bb9900 is dead! I dont even get a red light when plugging in a new battery.
    Had an extra lcd and nothing.
    I need to recover all my data inside the phone. Where can you suggest I send it out to?
    This is obviously not your average repair now.
    I appreciate the tips and help received.
    Thank youJJB
    05-08-13 01:52 AM