Hey,
    I've been having some trouble with my Bold 9700. I had the red light which came and then turned off and then the screen goes white and dims after a little while.

This occurs when trying to boot the phone. I tried to update the software using loader but whenever I get to the "Reconnecting to JVM" screen I get an error message that says " Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device. enter your password,if required, and click Retry". When I click cancel ti says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

The device is firmly connected and clicking retry just brings up the same error message. The guide I've been following is on Crackberry and it's titled " How to retrieve a nuked blackberry".

Please help!
    Last edited by pupsin; 09-20-11 at 10:04 PM.
    09-20-11 09:59 PM
    plug it into desktop software with no battery and then click update.. once you get it going and downloading, pop in the battery and let it take care of the rest.
    09-20-11 10:00 PM
    plug it into desktop software with no battery and then click update.. once you get it going and downloading, pop in the battery and let it take care of the rest.
    I still get the same error message.
    09-20-11 10:11 PM
    you may need to use bbsak(sp?) to completely wipe the device and set it back to factory, then reinstall an OS.
    09-20-11 10:44 PM
    you may need to use bbsak(sp?) to completely wipe the device and set it back to factory, then reinstall an OS.
    BBSAK doesn't recognize that I even have a phone connected.
    09-20-11 10:52 PM
    Any other ideas?
    09-21-11 09:50 AM
    have you tried changing the battery? .. it happened to me once before... i went through all the trouble of reviving a nuked blackberry because I thought that my 9700 was nuked... lmao...
    09-21-11 10:51 AM
    have you tried changing the battery? .. it happened to me once before... i went through all the trouble of reviving a nuked blackberry because I thought that my 9700 was nuked... lmao...
    That would actually make sense since U got a new battery. I'll try that when I get home.

EDIT: That didn't work.
    Last edited by pupsin; 09-21-11 at 05:59 PM.
    09-21-11 01:53 PM
    Any other ideas? I'm stuck using a curve 8300 at the moment.
    09-21-11 08:03 PM
    Was there any water damage in the past? Was it dropped more than once from a high distance? When you did try apploader without the battery, did you quickly rush through or wait until the LED went out? As soon as you connect it, launch apploader, don't wait. Also, tried restarting the computer or upgrading DM?

If nothing else works, it's a paperweight. Also, did you get it off ebay or craigslist/kijiji as new or used?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD