My 9930 won't power on anymore, I believe it has "bricked". When I plug the charger in or when I plug it into the computer, the red light flashes but it will not turn on.

I thought I had backed up all of the pictures on my phone, I didn't have all of them.. including pictures from the day my daughter was born (i could have sworn I copied all of them off when we got from the hospital but I guess not..). While I thought I had a mini-SD card on the phone, I do not.

Here is what I have done / looked into so far:

I have purchased a new battery. There was no change in status.
    When plugged into the computer usb port, sometimes it will pick up the usb drive and it will show up.. but when I try to browse it, get a message "insert disk in drive e"

I have tried the blackberry desktop software, but it gets an error when trying to connect. I don't want to try the update option because it will wipe the phone.

I have tried BBSAK but I get "no device detected". I tried hitting "kill processes" and then reconnecting.. nothing.

All I care about is getting the pics off the phone as they are irreplacable.
    01-08-14 12:41 PM
    First of all, welcome to CrackBerry! In this situation there is no other way but to update the phone.

You will lose those that are not saved on your sd card.

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-08-14 01:56 PM
    Probably hopeless unfortunately, as Zoc said. You can try taking the SIM and battery out for a day, then put just the battery in and leave it to charge for a day. Pray heavily, then attempt to get it booted up.
    01-08-14 02:01 PM