Admittedly, this is an extremely minor gripe...I've had the 9930 since Friday, and I love it otherwise. I went from a Tour 9630 to the new Bold, and I really loved playing Brickbreaker on my Tour. Well, Brickbreaker on the 9930 is much twitchier with a trackpad vs. the trackball on my 9630. It's not much fun anymore, since I switched to the 9930! Does anyone else feel my pain and frustration?

No wonder I don't seem to be having any battery issues with my 9930...I've all but stopped playing Brickbreaker, haha.
    08-24-11 03:05 PM
    Yeah, Brick Breaker with the trackpad is pants compared to the old rollerball, I still play on my wifes 8110!

But I have found that the new Brick Breaker on the 9900 is alot better using the touch screen rather than the trackpad.
    08-24-11 03:21 PM
    I haven't tried it with the touchscreen...I'm still getting more comfortable with that, since I've never had a touchscreen anything before. But the paddle is faster and more responsive with the touchscreen than the trackpad?
    08-24-11 03:59 PM
    Yep, much smoother than the trackpad, see the big open brackets under the paddle, hold your finger in the middle and move left to right etc.... see what you think
    08-24-11 04:01 PM
    Brickbreaker is a crap game, I'm always perplexed to see people playing it on the subway. My favorite game at the minute is Color Virus. That game is sooooo addicitve. I've played over 200 levels and I'm still not done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 04:22 PM
    I remember wondering how the heck folks were getting what seemed to be incredible scores way back in the day... Storm touchscreen was easier than the trackball on my Curve.

I love Brickbreaker... have the 3D version from Concrete on my Android device.
    08-24-11 05:29 PM
    OK, so you can get Brick Breaker for the 9900. Where? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find it.
    xXxKratosxXx likes this.
    01-15-12 02:40 PM
    BrickBreaker has never been the same since they got rid of the scroll wheel...
    01-15-12 02:47 PM
    OK, so you can get Brick Breaker for the 9900. Where? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find it.
    It's pre-loaded and should be in your Games folder. Unless you shrunk it out...
    01-15-12 02:56 PM
    I got to level 22 on a longhaul flight on my 8800 once... Can't even manage that on a touchscreen!
    01-15-12 04:02 PM
    I absolutely HATE the trackpad. With the trackball I had multiple scores in the several hundred thousands - once over two million and another over a million. All big scores were wiped out by some error, taking it in for maintenance or dropping it (on one occasion to lose a 600k game).

Never understood why first two rounds through BB are hardest.

The trackpad does SUCK. These are the issues I have seen: Apparent wind within the game that causes the ball to drift. Pass throughs on both bricks and paddle - much, much worse than with older Blackberrys. Constant hesitation that stops me from moving the paddle to rebound the ball. Paddle jumping when the paddle moves at the last possible moment - without me causing it - to end up missing the ball. Game delete - this was never a problem on older Blackberrys but I have tried to pause a game only to bring up the screen asking whether i want to stop that game and about a dozen times I fat fingered it and deleted that game. When I do put the game into a pause, I repeatedly have reopened the game only to discover that the ball was fired while in pause mode and I have lost a life.

My high score with a trackpad was about 91k - that was only because I survived the first two rounds and it became much easier.

Perhaps it is best that Q10 reportedly doesn't have brickbreaker. It makes as much #$!!#@$ sense as Windows 8 removing the solitaire game but I guess we aren't as smart as some engineer who decided to ditch the games.
    08-11-13 10:07 PM
    One thing I forgot to note is that with my new Blackberry, I find that I have to frequently take the battery out to fix something. If someone calls me and leaves a message my text messages folder is taken over by telephone information. The ONLY thing that fixes it is taking out the battery. Also, I recently had a problem where the trackpad would not work in the messages folder but worked everywhere else. Only thing that fixed it was taking out the battery. Of course you can't save a game and lose everything on brickbreaker.

Well, after a lengthy period of alone time with my Blackberry and not being able to get past the "iron can" level ) I had it and deleted the !#$$@ game from my Blackberry.

This was the only game I played - and it sucked sooooooooooo badly that I had to kill it completely before I threw the fricking BB into a wall.
    08-13-13 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD