hey all, bought a new bold today and realized my W, A, and alt button arent lighting up as strong as the rest of the keyboard....also, when you tap the top left and right corners where the screen meets the metal, it clicks....any ideas? thanks!
    08-13-09 11:23 PM
    Obviously a manufacturers defect, go back to the AT&T store and return it for another new device.
    08-13-09 11:25 PM
    My top left also clicks... It's normal. The screen isn't meant for you to press in or tap.

As for the keys not lighting up... how bad is it? a few of my keys light up a bit yellowish than the others but still pretty bright.

This isn't a solidly built device. It's a cheap plastic lens, surrounded by a plastic bezel, cheap plastic midplates, held together by 6 tiny screws.

Some people have creaky bezels, screen ripples form pressing on the volume, loose battery doors etc...

If it bothers your, try and get it exchanged.
    08-13-09 11:33 PM
    i just realized when i press the volume up button the screen ripples...is that not normal either? its very clear the difference of the lighting on those letters, the others are bright white these are much dimmer. i just bought it today so i'm sure they will exchange it for me...
    08-13-09 11:35 PM
    i just realized when i press the volume up button the screen ripples...is that not normal either? its very clear the difference of the lighting on those letters, the others are bright white these are much dimmer. i just bought it today so i'm sure they will exchange it for me...
    Yeah you should try then... If it lights up definitely a lot lower. Like I said, screen ripple is also kind of normal. For some it happens when you press mute at the top, mine also ripples slightly if i press the volume down too hard.

I've read some people say tightening or loosening the screws help...

But you should try for a replacement. One word of advice though, Don't unnecessarily press on the screen of your new one. They aren't meant to be pressed in.
    08-13-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD