hi, I am a new bb owner. I was playing around setting up the bb bold with wlm and facebook, setting up email, playing around getting to know the bb.

got it synced to pocketmac, I woke up this morning to a low memory message so I deleted unused languages. I noticed the memory said I had 9megs left for applications. I decided to pull the battery and turn it back on.

I got alot of error messages I had to press ok about 7 times on startup. I lost the mail application and wlm as well as facebook. I went into setup to see if I had to reconfigure the mail settings and thats when it said

"application error"
    Restart

on a white screen. It shut down and it took 2 startups to get it to load up properly back to my orignal home screen.

Should I take this phone back to Bestbuy for a direct replacement Today or do you think this is going to be ok.

I might try pulling the battery again (after it was turned off) to see if it happens again (is that normal) I am guessing its not
    01-26-09 07:03 AM
    What OS are you on?? An upgrade might help to fix the problem.

Go to Menu - Options - About , to find out what os is currently installed on the device.

Welcome to CB!
    01-26-09 07:11 AM
    you say you decided to pull the battery AND turn it back on? shouldn't it turn back on itself after putting the battery back in?

i'm assuming you did a "battery pull", as in, pulled the battery out while the device was STILL ON? right?
    01-26-09 07:17 AM
    My guess is that one of your aplplications is causing the problem. Try uninstalling them then run the blackberry about 4 hous without them. Do a battery pull, then check the memory, the wait 4 hours and check again. If all is good, then add the applications back one at a time, pulling the battery in between.

It is very unlikely that a pristine, new Bold has any OS or hardware problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:18 AM
    the os is v 4.6.0.125

I removed the battery while it was off(went into menu and shutdown first)
    when I put the battery back it did start up by itself
    after it said verifying software the errors appeared

and then none of the applications that I installed where appearing anywhere on the bb, but in the application options they where listed as installed
    01-26-09 07:42 AM
    try a battery pull... DON'T turn off the phone! just pull the battery with the phone on, wait like 30 seconds, then put the battery back in...
    01-26-09 08:00 AM
    Try starting your BB in "Safe Mode". Hold the "Escape key while rebooting" This will cause your unit to boot up without any third party apps running. If it boots up OK than you know that here is a problem with one or more third party apps.
    01-26-09 08:22 AM
    I'd probably recommend upgrading the software first, needs to done anyway really with it being at .125
    01-26-09 09:38 AM
    It is very unlikely that a pristine, new Bold has any OS or hardware problems.
    Agreed, don't complicate the troubleshooting by upgrading right now. You will want to later, but find your problem first. As mentioned above, do a proper battery pull. Also as mentioned, find the offending app. I would start with Facebook. Also, since you appear to be new to BB's, make sure you are completely shutting down applications by going to the menu and selecting Close.
    01-26-09 09:43 AM
    thanks for the tips, while I have a thread open I have a mac, and dont know how to put themes onto the bold, I downloaded a zip file and extracted it to my computer. I connect the bb as a MASS and don't know where to put the files.

any other way to get themes on from a mac

Edit
    I pulled the battery again and this time I had no problems, everything seems ok right now
    01-26-09 10:15 AM
    All I know about the Mac is you cannot use the Desktop Manager. Easiest way to do this is to find an Over the Air (OTA) download of the theme. That way you download directly to your phone.
    01-26-09 10:21 AM
    that exact thing happened to me on friday. i was in a mess, cuz my bb is my life. were those "uncaught exception notices???" anyway mine froze and after a battery pull, all i got was a white screen. got a guy to help me. he completely wiped my handset, then upgraded the OS. i'm running quite fine on .219 now, and there isn't any more memory leakage.
    01-26-09 10:29 AM
    the os is v 4.6.0.125

I removed the battery while it was off(went into menu and shutdown first)
    when I put the battery back it did start up by itself
    after it said verifying software the errors appeared

and then none of the applications that I installed where appearing anywhere on the bb, but in the application options they where listed as installed

The OS you have was the first one Rogers had and it was plagued with problems. Did you get the Bold recently? I'm surprised it came with that OS because all of them should come with .162. If anything, update it to .162 and see what happens. I wouldn't try the other OS yet.
    01-26-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD