I just got my new Blackberry Bold 9780 today, and I've used it for probably only an hour or two, and now the touchpad has this wierd "clicking" noise everytime i touch it. I don't think it was doing that when i got it. Is this just it wearing in or is this a problem?
    08-01-11 08:44 PM
    It could be a SurePress screen, though I don't remember ever hearing anything about any of the new phones utilizing this feature. You said 9780 though? That's the last Bold to come out if I remember correctly and supports BBOS 6. If that's the case then it shouldn't even have a touchscreen, unless I'm missing something?

Edit: Oh wait, you mean the optical trackpad! Lol whoops... That I don't know about, since I have a Storm. If you just received it though and you got it from a carrier, you can take it back and ask for a new one so long as you're within 72 hours of the purchase time.
    Last edited by 00stryder; 08-01-11 at 09:43 PM.
    08-01-11 09:33 PM
    I have the exact same thing, i guess it's normal
    08-01-11 11:19 PM
    Go to Options> Typing and Input>Trackpad Sensitivity ... here make sure the Audible roll is unchecked...
    08-01-11 11:23 PM
    Same here for day One, iIhave this 9780 almost for 3 months and the noise is the same...
    08-02-11 01:58 AM
    If you mean a there's physical squeek, then u have a faulty trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 02:24 AM
    you cant have a physical squeek in trackpad.. it is optical device and not mechanical one..
    08-02-11 03:01 AM
    Is it a squeaking or clicking? Sometimes a little bit of 'clicking' noise coming from the trackpad is noticeable with this device. I was concerned when I first got my Bold. But, I've noticed that this happens with almost all Bolds. I would say that as long as the trackpad does not seem noticeably loose or the noise is not too bad, your trackpad is likely normal. I do understand the hesitation, though. I was worried about mine, too.
    08-02-11 10:48 AM
    you cant have a physical squeek in trackpad.. it is optical device and not mechanical one..
    Actually, the trackpad is mechanical. You click it down like a button and it physically moves. If it's loose it squeeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 10:56 AM
    well it only make the noise when i let go of the trackpad or scroll up or down. when i scroll sideways it doesnt make any noise.
    08-02-11 11:26 AM
    Its just the friction between your thumb and the trackpad.
    08-03-11 12:43 AM
    i talked to the tmobile people, they said its probably just the phone wearing in. i dont think its a big deal. they said though if it starts lagging when it does that then i should take it in.
    08-03-11 11:22 AM
    Mine does the same thing...slight click audible occasionally when scrolling up and down. I'm sure I can feel it though my fingers as well! Nothing to worry about in my opinion.
    08-03-11 04:57 PM
    untick audible roll,should stop the sound
    08-04-11 07:23 AM
    Is it a squeaking or clicking? Sometimes a little bit of 'clicking' noise coming from the trackpad is noticeable with this device. I was concerned when I first got my Bold. But, I've noticed that this happens with almost all Bolds. I would say that as long as the trackpad does not seem noticeably loose or the noise is not too bad, your trackpad is likely normal. I do understand the hesitation, though. I was worried about mine, too.
    No Noise with my bold 9780!

"untick audible roll,should stop the sound" is correct
    08-04-11 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD