So hey guys I just bought a BlackBerry 9700 from eBay. I found it it has OS 6
    So I did some research and now I know how to downgrade it. Only problem is that on the T-Mobile USA website, it only gives me the download link for the OS 6 operating system and not OS 5.

Is it possible for me to download an OS 5 OS from AT&T and use that OS 5 for my T-Mobile phone? The OS 5 I downloaded is still for Blackberry Bold 9700's.
    Someone please let me know asap!

EDIT: I GOT THIS OS 5.1.0.177

Btw this is how I'm going to downgrade it someone please confirm.

1. Wipe using BBSak (Don't need to backup anything since I don't have anything on the phone thats my personal use)
    2. Install OS 5 on the Desktop
    3. Delete Vendor.XML
    4. Run Loader.exe
    5. Wait for it to finish then enjoy

Someone also please let me know!
    07-26-11 11:18 PM
    Yep, the steps you listed are what you need to do. BUT... Ensure you note the app version of OS 5. For example: 5.0.0.979 or 5.0.0.1014.

If data services don't work at all on it, likely it was a stolen and sold blackberry and you'll be ripped off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 11:30 PM
    Official OS 5.0.0.979 For The BlackBerry Bold 9700 From AT&T

That's the one I have even though I have T-Mobile USA. Someone told me any OS software would work as long as its the OS for the 9700 phone.

And I'm going to call T-Mobile and tell them to add me a BB Data Plan on the phone. Would I have to configure anything like go on settings or anything like that?
    07-26-11 11:34 PM
    Official OS 5.0.0.979 For The BlackBerry Bold 9700 From AT&T

That's the one I have even though I have T-Mobile USA. Someone told me any OS software would work as long as its the OS for the 9700 phone.

And I'm going to call T-Mobile and tell them to add me a BB Data Plan on the phone. Would I have to configure anything like go on settings or anything like that?
    Appworld requires a blackberry ID. E-mail setup requires a login, which can be setup on the tmobile BIS page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD