^ how can you change the battery to percent?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is theme dependent.
    06-30-09 12:02 PM
    I'm with you on that...I am, what my sister refers to as a "gadget junkie" , I can't remember the last time I kept a phone for even a full year. But knowing what I know now, I don't see myself switching from the BB platform, only upgrading to the latest BB available as soon as it launches! The Kool-Aid sure is tasty!
    LOl......I agree with you 100%. I think ill be staying with BB for a long time also.
    06-30-09 12:10 PM
    I cruise CBerry several hours a day...when I see members with YEARS of experience and THOUSANDS of posts thanking other members for teaching them something new I can only assume it would be short-sighted of me to believe anything other than "just scratched the surface" being my level of knowledge.
    The title of the thread was "Bored"...anyone jumping on the bandwagon would tend to be seen as agreeing with that premise.
    Learned how to change my battery level to a % and my signal strength to a -dBm yesterday. I am sure something new will come up today.
    Again, don't blame the INANIMATE OBJECT if you're bored...it takes an intelligent being to get it to do anything other than just sit and look pretty.
    I agree that maybe you learn little things everyday but those little things are not things that replace the feeling of wanting new things. Yes they are cool but once you did them that's it.
    06-30-09 12:11 PM
    I get bored sometimes also BUT I'm glad that I still have the latest and greatest BB (no interest in the 8900 or Storm).

I'd be pissed if I had to keep spending so much $ for a device every few months like the iphone.

But yes I think that an official 5.0 would give me the boost I need.

06-30-09 01:17 PM
    I was bored to but when i joined facebook it made the phone fun again.
    06-30-09 03:23 PM
    I was bored to but when i joined facebook it made the phone fun again.
    Does facebook really add that much more fun to it?
    I don't have a myspace or a facebook (though I am constantly told by my friends to hurry up and get one), and I also don't use twitter. Haha. All I really use is livejournal, in terms of "social networking".
    06-30-09 03:54 PM
    I agree if you're bored with BB that's a "you" problem. It's Not just the sheer number of shortcuts on the bold, it's all about using them to make you more time efficient. If you're interested in is cataloging all the shortcuts, you'll get very quickly with any phone...

If all your friends use a smartphone, they could also use msn, aim, or yahoo. All free.

Switching to an iphone (which does everything the bb does, only not quite as well-with the exception of music and videos, maybe) won't make you less bored, unless you need constant stimulation to keep from getting bored.

06-30-09 04:30 PM
    There will always be something newer and better on the horizon. Best to enjoy the device you have and do all you can/want with it until that time comes.

Old saying: Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Just ask some Storm users.

Sometimes "boring" is good.

Peace.

06-30-09 04:32 PM
    I find that I intensely study a new device and then my study quells because it becomes a tool. Then, only when my device is relatively old and newer devices are quantum leaps, will I start worrying about what else is out there. I have too much other "real" stuff to worry about than to yearn for a new phone every 3 months...
    06-30-09 10:16 PM
    If it wasn't for BBM, I would be bored. It keeps me entertained. Like others have said, there are a lot of apps that can keep things exciting. I just recently bought the card game "Hearts" for my Bold and I'm hooked on that right now. I'm sure I'll find something else later on.
    06-30-09 11:33 PM
    If it wasn't for BBM, I would be bored. It keeps me entertained. Like others have said, there are a lot of apps that can keep things exciting. I just recently bought the card game "Hearts" for my Bold and I'm hooked on that right now. I'm sure I'll find something else later on.
    Too bad I'm apparently not on your "talk to" list anymore...

Chris
    06-30-09 11:44 PM

Chris

Chris you know better by now that I would never delete you. I got another Bold and everytime I do a restore for some reason my BBM contacts do not work. I'll send you a test through BBM and see if you get it or not.
    07-01-09 12:43 AM
    i agree completely with you Yogi, i feel ya. i get bored of things so easily, i honestly change my theme about three times a day, always something new. the plus with me is that i can turn that boredom around very quickly, even changing to a different font will satisfy me for a while lol
    07-01-09 12:56 AM

Chris
    Chris you know better by now that I would never delete you. I got another Bold and everytime I do a restore for some reason my BBM contacts do not work. I'll send you a test through BBM and see if you get it or not.
    Here we go....
    07-01-09 01:06 AM
    Before I get flamed and battered and darts thrown at me I just wanna say I LUV MY BOLD but...

I have just started to become really bored, everything on the scene is coming soon in the pipeline bla bla bla. I just feel BORED!

RIM needs to keep people interested the only thing that is stopping me from moving to an Iphone is BBM (I use it **** of a lot).
    Plus I have converted nearly all my close friends and relatives on to BB.

Please please please give us something , BBM 2 or an official build of 5.0 (that eveything works with) or even and this is a big big ask maybe a new GUI.

..... Do you know what i feel a little better now.
    this is exactly the same reason why i have three different Blackberry models
    07-01-09 01:40 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys ! I was having such a rubbish day yesterday and cannot believe i was considering the jump to an IPHONE . But today is a new day and I LOVE MY BOLD AGAIN . But as someone in this thread posted I think I am a Gadget Junkie always have been and until converting to blackberry I would change my phone every 3 months. I have currently had my bold nearly a year now and up until yesterday never even looked at another phone.

I think I may grab a Ipod Touch just in case I get any temptation in the future LOL.

Thanks again guys some of the comments here were really constructive and I appreciate it very much.
    07-01-09 02:44 AM
    There is a new bbm coming out soon there was a thread about all the cool new features. Also a lot of cool stuff coming in 5.0 just have to sit tight.
    07-01-09 03:10 AM
    My bold does threaded SMS and always has done, is this a carrier thing?

I agree though the Bold's ruthless efficiency can be tedious. I have had mine for nearly a year and well and truly have the new phone itch. The Onyx is imo 6 months away from landing at least in the UK so I find myself considering the 8900, feels nicer in the hand (imo). I will say as I have in another thread that the BB OS is imo very out of date and it is hard not be envious of the apple OS (and apps), android and even (whisper it) Windows Mobile.

I had WM before BB and the HTC TY TN phone, it was a bit of a unit but I really liked it until I whilst traveling the screen broke on day 1 of a 10 day trip, this made the phone totally unusable. As someone who travels a lot this really made me think if your BB screen breaks (as my 8310 one did) you can still use the phone quite happily and even fix it yourself but a touch screen handset is pretty much useless.
    07-01-09 05:01 AM
    Here we go....

Something I said?
    07-01-09 12:39 PM
    What is it that the BB does better that the iPhone, beside push email? To me all these so call smartphone all do pretty much the same thing, it's just how they do them.
    I agree if you're bored with BB that's a "you" problem. It's Not just the sheer number of shortcuts on the bold, it's all about using them to make you more time efficient. If you're interested in is cataloging all the shortcuts, you'll get very quickly with any phone...

If all your friends use a smartphone, they could also use msn, aim, or yahoo. All free.

Switching to an iphone (which does everything the bb does, only not quite as well-with the exception of music and videos, maybe) won't make you less bored, unless you need constant stimulation to keep from getting bored.

07-01-09 01:44 PM
    The BB Onyx should be out in a few months. That should provide you with some good entertainment for awhile.
    07-01-09 03:05 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD