Before I get flamed and battered and darts thrown at me I just wanna say I LUV MY BOLD but...

I have just started to become really bored, everything on the scene is coming soon in the pipeline bla bla bla. I just feel BORED!

RIM needs to keep people interested the only thing that is stopping me from moving to an Iphone is BBM (I use it **** of a lot).
    Plus I have converted nearly all my close friends and relatives on to BB.

Please please please give us something , BBM 2 or an official build of 5.0 (that eveything works with) or even and this is a big big ask maybe a new GUI.

..... Do you know what i feel a little better now.
    06-30-09 09:43 AM
    Sometimes I feel the same way sometimes, but I always find a new app to mess around with or play with a new OS
    06-30-09 09:46 AM
    My first thought was how can you get bored of your phone and was thinking of not so pleasent words. However, I recalled that I felt the same exact way when I had a Sidekick LX. After a while I was bored and tired of it, I can actually relate to how you feel =P

That said, I'm pretty new to BlackBerrys (Bold being my first ) and have yet to explore its vast and full potential.
    06-30-09 09:54 AM
    Sometimes I feel the same way sometimes, but I always find a new app to mess around with or play with a new OS
    Those are my exact, exact same sentiments. That and luckily I have an 8900 to switch to. Good thing though is that I don't depend fully on a Blackberry for my entertainment.
    06-30-09 10:08 AM
    Good thing though is that I don't depend fully on a Blackberry for my entertainment.
    I dont either got 3 kids to deal with but at work I have a lot of time to fiddle as I have a desk job so would be nice to be a bit more entertained.
    06-30-09 10:13 AM
    yea i feel the same i dont use bbm at all cause all my friends have cheap phones haha. but i just went to verizon with my dad and converted him. and now i see that the tour is coming out on the 12th. lol i kinda just want to go to verizon and have that. since it is a little bigger than the onyx. while still having the same specs. cause the bolds keyboard is its biggest positive, so going down the a smaller phone is gonna be tough but i think i'll manage
    06-30-09 10:15 AM
    Whenever I start feeling bored, I either look for new themes (even though I always revert back to the original L theme) or switch phones. I have to say, even the BlackBerry's are all different from eachother so I stay pretty satisfied for the most part. I don't really get tired of the OS that often, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new or different GUI...as long as it remained stable and speedy like the Pearl or Curve or Bold. (Not Storm )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 10:18 AM
    One thing I was considering was just getting an ipod touch just to satisfy my boredom. God I sound miserable. LOL
    06-30-09 10:24 AM
    I agree. No new interesting apps coming, and it's taking forever for 5.0 to be released. At least they could give us the new BBM to fiddle with.
    06-30-09 10:36 AM
    Don't blame the Bold...if you can cruise the many forums on CBerry and not find something new every day it's a 'you' thing. Three months with my Bold and I don't feel like I've scratched the surface.
    I think most users who are dis-satisfied with the Bold are 'sheeples' (thanks 1 2 Many)...they're just following the herd and not really doing any research or individual thought to determine if the Bold will actually give them a pleasurable experience.
    Maybe you should try dangling a shiny object in front of your eyes; I bet that will keep you busy for awhile.

Is that enough flame for you?
    06-30-09 10:38 AM
    Don't blame the Bold...if you can cruise the many forums on CBerry and not find something new every day it's a 'you' thing. Three months with my Bold and I don't feel like I've scratched the surface.
    I think most users who are dis-satisfied with the Bold are 'sheeples' (thanks 1 2 Many)...they're just following the herd and not really doing any research or individual thought to determine if the Bold will actually give them a pleasurable experience.
    Maybe you should try dangling a shiny object in front of your eyes; I bet that will keep you busy for awhile.

What a C**K! Why make a statement like that? I have been hovering round these forums for a long time and always avoid posting due to people like you !
    All I felt like doing was expressing how I was feeling and then a 5 year old child like you starts having a girlie fit GROW UP!
    06-30-09 10:47 AM

i just like having new stuff. nobody said the bold couldnt do things that people havent found out about yet, or that wont change with new os releases. nobody said they were dissatisfied in your case you tell me what it is that you find new everyday that is so groundbreaking. maybe for you personally but other people have explored their phones. i mean for heavens sake i didnt even know about this forum nor anything about blackberry's when i first bought my 8820, and i figured out pretty much everything on my own, within 2 days, save a few things like event log.

for me its all about the newest device, the newest features. Ive had every single new os for my bold and consistently ive been happy with them, but knowing whats on the horizon, i feel ready for the new to come out, and although my bold is great, im happy to be out with the old.
    06-30-09 10:55 AM
    I feel you man, I always need something new lol. I have the Bold for 3 weeks now so im still in the learning stage. But i know in 2 or 3 months I am going to want a new one. But What to get after using a great phone like this???? I hope the new Onyx comes out by then . I had the Iphone for 9 months and really got bored of that. I think it's a character thing we always want something more.
    Like my GF tells me. YOu get something new and you never put it down for a perod of time and then you want to get something newer lol
    06-30-09 10:56 AM
    What a C**K! Why make a statement like that? I have been hovering round these forums for a long time and always avoid posting due to people like you !
    All I felt like doing was expressing how I was feeling and then a 5 year old child like you starts having a girlie fit GROW UP!
    hes just ******** i wasnt going to put it in my post but now that its out...
    06-30-09 10:57 AM
    im happy to be out with the old.
    Thankyou someone talking a bit of sense
    06-30-09 11:00 AM

3 months and still did not scratch the surface????? Maybe you should cruise Cberry a little more lol
    06-30-09 11:03 AM
    hes just ******** i wasnt going to put it in my post but now that its out...
    "Girlie fit"?
    "5 year old"?
    "********"?
    Nice...I wonder if you were intending to insult me or show your own insensitivity to parents of girls, youngsters or challenged people?
    I just felt like sharing my opinion; if you can't handle it - I don't care. At least I stayed on topic.
    And I will repeat my on topic comment...if you're bored with the Bold it's a 'you' thing. There are so many different uses, operations and hidden functions I don't think it would be possible for you to have discovered all the various options available through intelligent use of the Bold. Ever notice how many multi-thousand post members thank other members for teaching them something new?
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-30-09 at 11:15 AM.
    06-30-09 11:12 AM
    "Girlie fit"?
    "5 year old"?
    "********"?
    Nice...I wonder if you were intending to insult me or show your own insensitivity to parents of girls, youngsters or challenged people?
    I just felt like sharing my opinion; if you can't handle it - I don't care. At least I stayed on topic.
    And I will repeat my on topic comment...if you're bored with the Bold it's a 'you' thing. There are so many different uses, operations and hidden functions I don't think it would be possible for you to have discovered all the various options available through intelligent use of the Bold.

nobody said it wasn't a "you" thing, as stated earlier this is why i said "********" because you don't read nor comprehend what has already been said, much like a ******** individual would do. so i repeat you please tell the crowd what it is that you find everyday that is so groundbreaking
    Last edited by ed-flip; 06-30-09 at 11:20 AM.
    06-30-09 11:17 AM
    As I realized during my 11-month stint with the iPhone 3G, I don't really utilize my phone as a main source of entertainment, aside from streaming/playing music. Which is why I jumped to the Bold. It does the things that I deem most important better than any other phone I've ever owned, and I see those capabilities only getting better via OS and hardware upgrades. I don't really want them to change anything, only to enhance and improve the functions that make the BlackBerry great. If I want to play games or watch movies on a 3-inch screen, I'll get an iPod Touch.
    06-30-09 11:19 AM
    As I realized during my 11-month stint with the iPhone 3G, I don't really utilize my phone as a main source of entertainment, aside from streaming/playing music. Which is why I jumped to the Bold. It does the things that I deem most important better than any other phone I've ever owned, and I see those capabilities only getting better via OS and hardware upgrades. I don't really want them to change anything, only to enhance and improve the functions that make the BlackBerry great. If I want to play games or watch movies on a 3-inch screen, I'll get an iPod Touch.
    Same here the bold is much better for me and the use i do with my phone (not big on game or movies or even music for that matter ) But I still like to have and try new things. I am not saying that the Bold is boring, It's actually the best phone i Ever had. All the Op was saying is that he would like to see something new and i agree with him on this.
    06-30-09 11:23 AM
    lol the bold is a great phone. just want the new i mean look whats on the horizon. 5.0 os's better browsing, possibly threaded sms. how could anyone not want that. its everything every post discusses. for example: would you give your bold up if blackberry did.....

what will it take for you to give up your bold.....

the list goes on of topics discussing exactly what people want and, from what i can tell RIM is doing a relatively good job of recognizing these things
    06-30-09 11:28 AM
    But I still like to have and try new things.
    I'm with you on that...I am, what my sister refers to as a "gadget junkie" , I can't remember the last time I kept a phone for even a full year. But knowing what I know now, I don't see myself switching from the BB platform, only upgrading to the latest BB available as soon as it launches! The Kool-Aid sure is tasty!
    06-30-09 11:30 AM
    Once you've figured it all out, I think any device would get boring or old or stale. I don't think it matters what type of device it is. It will get old to you some day.
    06-30-09 11:35 AM
    3 months and still did not scratch the surface????? Maybe you should cruise Cberry a little more lol
    I cruise CBerry several hours a day...when I see members with YEARS of experience and THOUSANDS of posts thanking other members for teaching them something new I can only assume it would be short-sighted of me to believe anything other than "just scratched the surface" being my level of knowledge.
    The title of the thread was "Bored"...anyone jumping on the bandwagon would tend to be seen as agreeing with that premise.
    Learned how to change my battery level to a % and my signal strength to a -dBm yesterday. I am sure something new will come up today.
    Again, don't blame the INANIMATE OBJECT if you're bored...it takes an intelligent being to get it to do anything other than just sit and look pretty.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-30-09 at 11:43 AM.
    06-30-09 11:38 AM
    ^ how can you change the battery to percent?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 12:00 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD