Hey Everyone
    I'm getting a bold soon, like many of you. I was curious, does it come with it's own SIM card, a special 3g one? Or could I just pop in my current one and be good to go?
    Thanks in advance
    Kayla
    10-22-08 07:01 PM
    who knows -- nobody here has an ATT bold yet.

my bold didnt come with a sim card -- i just put mine in. worked fine.
    10-22-08 07:04 PM
    well some people do because craigslist was selling them. but cool thank you. hopefully I can just use my current one.
    10-22-08 07:06 PM
    they will give you a 3g sim card for it. they should also transfer all your info from the old one to the new one for you for free. if they want to charge you, raise ****!
    10-22-08 07:08 PM
    well some people do because craigslist was selling them. but cool thank you. hopefully I can just use my current one.
    lmao

who cares -- do you have a sentimental attachment to your current one?
    10-22-08 07:09 PM
    No. I'm under the premier business account they close at 6pm west coast time and I'm meeting the seller from craigslist at that time, so I obviously won't be able to truly activate it till tomorrow right?? Unless a normal AT&T store can do it?
    10-22-08 07:15 PM
    when I got my bold (I am on rogers) I popped in my sim from about 6-8 years ago and it worked perfectly I dont see why you guys would be different
    10-22-08 07:17 PM
    hm, well that would definitely be nice, I don't want to have to wait till tomorrow I will want to play with it once I get it into my greedy hands haha
    10-22-08 07:21 PM
    Old sim will work, but you might experience difficulties with 3G
    10-22-08 07:21 PM
    hm, well that would definitely be nice, I don't want to have to wait till tomorrow I will want to play with it once I get it into my greedy hands haha
    What does your sim look like? Does it have a 3g logo on it? If so, your good.
    10-22-08 07:25 PM
    What does your sim look like? Does it have a 3g logo on it? If so, your good.
    ya it has a little orange flame that says 3g on it. so it should be fine with 3g then?
    10-22-08 07:29 PM
    ya it has a little orange flame that says 3g on it. so it should be fine with 3g then?
    Yeah you have the latest sim card.
    10-22-08 07:31 PM
    Did someone say my name?

Your sim will work fine, just toss it in and you'll be good to go.
    10-22-08 07:31 PM
    Did someone say my name?

Your sim will work fine, just toss it in and you'll be good to go.
    haha nice
    cool I'm excited, now the guy just needs to get off work so I can meet him and get it! lol
    10-22-08 07:36 PM
    lmao

who cares -- do you have a sentimental attachment to your current one?
    The easiest way to get your contacts from your old phone to your new one is to copy them to the SIM card and then copy them to the new phone once the SIM is in. This is the way most people who have never used a BlackBerry/Smartphone before will keep their contacts.

On the other hand all of the BlackBerry/smartphone users will just sync their phone with Outlook or BlackBerry sync to get contacts, calendars, etc. etc.

Quick question - will contacts with photos in outlook have the photo when copied onto the Bold?
    10-22-08 07:40 PM
    The easiest way to get your contacts from your old phone to your new one is to copy them to the SIM card and then copy them to the new phone once the SIM is in. This is the way most people who have never used a BlackBerry/Smartphone before will keep their contacts.

On the other hand all of the BlackBerry/smartphone users will just sync their phone with Outlook or BlackBerry sync to get contacts, calendars, etc. etc.

Quick question - will contacts with photos in outlook have the photo when copied onto the Bold?
    I use bes and they auto update with images when i edit on device or in outlook.
    10-22-08 07:53 PM
    Hey Everyone
    I'm getting a bold soon, like many of you. I was curious, does it come with it's own SIM card, a special 3g one? Or could I just pop in my current one and be good to go?
    Thanks in advance
    Kayla
    When I went to Rogers Corporate to pick up my Bold a while back I asked my Rep about needing new SIM cards. I mentioned I had read something about the new phones needing new SIM cards (on Crackberry of course )

He asked if I had a series of stacked #'s on my Card (Which I did. By no means trying to compare a Rogers SIM to anyone elses carrier here) Anyways, he said; you got that card in August of '07 right? Well then your good with the latest generation of Cards"

Whatever the case, my Bold works great and 3G as well.

Here, new phones are often shipped with a new unassigned SIM, stuck in it's original credit card size holder, which upon receipt can be lit up by your carrier by calling them, giving them the SIM card # and they can get the new card reassigned to your account instantly. That is if you are authorized to make account changes ie: your own personal account and not a restricted corporate.

Hey, congrats on the new Bold I'm excited for you

10-22-08 08:02 PM
    If you can get the 3G SIM card with the phone than get it. The tech guy at Rogers said that my current SIM card will work on 3G and it does but he said to get the new one, it's called 4000 series i think due to the 3g network. I can't remember what the reason was but he said that i should get it.
    10-22-08 08:25 PM
    If you can get the 3G SIM card with the phone than get it. The tech guy at Rogers said that my current SIM card will work on 3G and it does but he said to get the new one, it's called 4000 series i think due to the 3g network. I can't remember what the reason was but he said that i should get it.
    Good tip! Why not, Eh.

10-22-08 08:53 PM
    when I got my bold (I am on rogers) I popped in my sim from about 6-8 years ago and it worked perfectly I dont see why you guys would be different
    Do you get 3G? I'm on Rogers too. When I took my phone in, they said I needed a new SIM because my old one wouldn't work with 3G, I would just get Edge. My SIM was only a couple of years old, so I would check if I was you.
    10-23-08 08:23 AM
    when i had activated my bold, i had asked the rep that if its necessary to change sim cards. he had told me that my old one would work fine. btw, my sim is about 4 years old
    so far, no issues with 3g, no dropped calls
    10-24-08 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD