All the reviews I've read online say the Bold's battery life is good enough to only need charging every 2-3 days with moderate usage..but everybody on here says the battery's horrible. Soo what's the deal? I'm thinking about getting a bold..I usually throw my phone on the charger every night anyways.
    06-29-09 11:22 AM
    Mine can last 24-30 hours no problem.
    06-29-09 11:24 AM
    charge mine every night but can last 2 days with moderate use easy.
    06-29-09 11:25 AM
    My battery life is pretty fracking amazing.

1 1/2 - 2 days.

Yea, gotta love it.
    06-29-09 11:26 AM
    I usually throw my phone on the charger every night anyways.
    I'm not sure that's a good idea. I was always told consistently charging a half empty battery reduces your battery's capacity.
    06-29-09 11:28 AM
    I'm not sure that's a good idea. I was always told consistently charging a half empty battery reduces your battery's capacity.
    Not true with a smart Li Ion, no memory at all.
    06-29-09 11:29 AM
    Its heavy use that eats its soul, prob lucky to get 6 hrs during heavy use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 11:30 AM
    i can also easily last 2 days with moderate use, and a full day of heavy intense usage.
    06-29-09 11:31 AM
    Part of the discrepancy is due to the usage patterns of the two different groups you mentioned. The forum members who you read about on CBerry are, for the most part, heavy users with multiple apps running simultaneously so the battery would tend to deplete quicker...non-addicts would presumably have lighter usage tendencies so their battery would probably last longer.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-29-09 at 11:37 AM.
    06-29-09 11:33 AM
    Not true with a smart Li Ion, no memory at all.
    Ow.. That's new to me... Certainly good to know
    06-29-09 11:33 AM
    Ow.. That's new to me... Certainly good to know
    A little light reading.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-29-09 11:35 AM
    Mine would probably last a day with minimal to normal usage. But I don't take that kind of chance. I think a lot of the discrepancies in people's reports are because of different applications (background updating or running), locations (signal strengths), what people determine to be low, medium, high usage (all subjective), and I'm going to throw in the phases of the moon just because.
    06-29-09 11:36 AM
    A little light reading.
    so many light reads out there...
    06-29-09 11:38 AM
    It all depends of how frequent/heavily you're gonna be using it. You really won't know until you use it yourself.

06-29-09 12:00 PM
    so many light reads out there...
    But that one is just a little light read.

Based on uptime, call time, network, OS, app time, etc. So many variables, no one has the same routine.

That being the case, base your decision on the average to be safe.

Me? Mine lasts 2 days no problems on light use, 8 hours heavy use. It doesn't bother me as I have a charger at work, a car charger, and a charging cradle at home, plus a travel USB charger for in case emergencies.
    06-29-09 12:18 PM
    I'm such a heavy user on mine that I had to get the seidio 3500 extended battery. I couldn't ask for me than what this battery offers. The standard battery would be almost dead by 1-1:30pm. I take it off the charger at 5:30am when I go in to work. I send text and emails most of the time with maybe 2-3 5 min phone calls. Going 3 days now on my seidio battery and only at 50%. I can have the same heavy useage pattern with the seidio battery and it will go 6-7hrs before it comes off 100%
    06-29-09 04:53 PM
    My battery life is fantastic on my bold. I usually charge it up every night but if I don't I can easily get through the next day plus some.

06-29-09 05:56 PM
    It all depends of how frequent/heavily you're gonna be using it. You really won't know until you use it yourself.

I agree. my battery will sometimes last 3 days and then sometimes 1 day even a half day ....depends on what im doing on my phone overall im happy with my bold and I am still on the original os it shipped with and no problems at all
    06-29-09 06:02 PM
    Mine will make it through the day, but in no way could it do two. I wouldn't trust it. I always make sure that the only things running are the 5 BB standards. I set Viigo not to update itself either. I bought a 3000mah battery and get 2 days heavy use with 20% left at the end, or 3 days moderate use.
    07-05-09 02:39 AM
    Its heavy use that eats its soul, prob lucky to get 6 hrs during heavy use.

That's true-most of the ppl here are hard-core users,like me. Check out my signature,I just did a battery test and put it on my blog. I'm not happy with the battery life but I gotta say the behaviour is normal,I pretty much kill the Bold on daily basis

PS: the 3G coverage is perfect here.Until the Bold,I never had a failed call,but that`a a different story.
    Last edited by 701; 07-05-09 at 06:32 AM.
    07-05-09 03:56 AM
    Battery life also depends on your location. In LA, my battery lasts about 14 hours on 3G and about 2 days on edge. In Detroit, it lasts about 2 days on 3G.
    07-05-09 04:39 AM
    I just got my bold 2 days ago and I have had to charge it both days... I have been using data heavily and voice+data often. But it prob is because of that and its a new battery. But overall it seems to be good. Never completely died yet. I'll report in today later because I will be using it a lot less today so well see
    07-05-09 10:54 AM
    The more I read about usage/drain the more pointless it seems to be. We can all give our opinions, experiences, etc. but there is just no way for any of us to wrap our arms around, much less agree, on what is "normal" or "light" usage for someone else. When someone says normal usage, we don't really know what that involves. Just seems like it's a waste of time to try to figure out why everyone's experiences are different. Too many unknowns.

07-05-09 11:39 AM
    i think the battery life is terrible--i don't use my phone that much and it's lasting maybe 13 hours. i have adjusted all my settings to maximize battery life too.

if you have a previous model of blackberry (like my curve, that always lasted 2 days) be prepared for a much shorter battery life with the bold.
    07-05-09 01:59 PM
    I just got my bold 2 days ago and I have had to charge it both days... I have been using data heavily and voice+data often. But it prob is because of that and its a new battery. But overall it seems to be good. Never completely died yet. I'll report in today later because I will be using it a lot less today so well see

if you fully charged your battery when you first got the phone, why would it being new impact battery life?
    07-05-09 02:09 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD