The only annoying thing I've found with my Bold is that it steruggles to regain a signal once lost especially when I know it should have a strong signal. How can I force it to search for a signal? Better still why does it do this in the first place and what is the cure? Its as though its not bothering to see if there is a signal! Thanks

A reset works but this a pain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 09:47 AM
    The only annoying thing I've found with my Bold is that it steruggles to regain a signal once lost especially when I know it should have a strong signal. How can I force it to search for a signal? Better still why does it do this in the first place and what is the cure? Its as though its not bothering to see if there is a signal! Thanks

A reset works but this a pain!

try searching a newer os... that may fix your problem
    07-05-09 10:02 AM
    Mobile connection off then on will cycle the radio

07-05-09 10:11 AM
    Do a battery pull.
    07-05-09 01:23 PM
    This happens to mine quite often too when traveling in an area where service is in and out. The quickest way to make it "re-search" is to go to your "Manage Connections" and turn it off and then back on. I actually have my left side key dedicated to this function not only for this reason but also for ease of wi-fi and bluetooth access.
    07-08-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD