I have a memory card, and have 26.7 MB for application memory and 856MB/ 859.2MB and I noticed that the phone keeps deleting all my texts from about a day ago, but it isnt deleting anything else like my phone call logs.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

BTW- i already set the option to keep the messages to "forever"

also, does anyone know how to add my old blackberry.net e-mail address to the new phone>
    08-21-09 10:14 AM
    I have a memory card, and have 26.7 MB for application memory and 856MB/ 859.2MB and I noticed that the phone keeps deleting all my texts from about a day ago, but it isnt deleting anything else like my phone call logs.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

BTW- i already set the option to keep the messages to "forever"

also, does anyone know how to add my old blackberry.net e-mail address to the new phone>
    Not sure on the texts. Seems you have plenty of app memory. Have you tried a battery pull?

Just go through the email setup icon and add that address. If you have access to a pc, then go to the BIS site for your carrier, login, and resend services books. I think you can send your service books from your phone too, but I never use the email setup on the phone. always use the BIS site.
    08-21-09 10:26 AM
    Not sure on the texts. Seems you have plenty of app memory. Have you tried a battery pull?

Just go through the email setup icon and add that address. If you have access to a pc, then go to the BIS site for your carrier, login, and resend services books. I think you can send your service books from your phone too, but I never use the email setup on the phone. always use the BIS site.
    Yes, I've done a battery pull a few times. The phone also used to reboot on its own once or twice a day, but it hasn't been doing it lately. I wiped the phone this morning, but I'm not sure if it'll fix the problem.
    I tried setting up the email from the phone, but the only option it gives me is to make a new blackberry email address
    08-21-09 10:35 AM
    Yes, I've done a battery pull a few times. The phone also used to reboot on its own once or twice a day, but it hasn't been doing it lately. I wiped the phone this morning, but I'm not sure if it'll fix the problem.
    I tried setting up the email from the phone, but the only option it gives me is to make a new blackberry email address
    Your problems are most likely due to the version of your OS. The original ATT OS was pretty crapy. Most of us on here have installed versions from other carriers, as ATT has yet to release a new official OS. Word on the street is that they will release an official one on the 25th of this month. If you don't feel comfortable installing an unofficial OS, then just wait until that OS comes out and then jump on the forums for help on how to install the new OS via your PC. Don't use the OTA download that they will say you can use.

Don't sweat it either, installing a new OS is simple. There are posts on here that we can link you to that walk you through it step by step.

You should have your account login and password for the following site.

BlackBerry Internet Service

If not, either set up a new account or click the forgot password link. If neither of those work, just call ATT customer service and have them help you. It sounds like you just need your service books resent to your device.

Also try this....

Go to Email Settings....login and see what email addresses are in your account. If your blackberry,net address isn't in there, hit the blackberry button and go to SERVICE BOOKS. Click the option to resend service books. See if that works. If not, then call att and see if they can readd your blackberry email to your account.

Good luck.
    08-21-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD