So this happened to me 2 days ago. I was reading a text message and all of the sudden the screen froze up. So I pulled my battery and thought all would be okay when it reboots. Well guess what, it only shows a white screen, that's it! After a day and a half finally the hourglass popped up and Bold was running well again after a couple of minutes. No error, no nothing, like nothing ever happened.

So last night I was installing BBM 5.0 OTA, once it was downloaded my Bold asked me to reboot, so I click yes and guess what? YES, it only shows the white screen again... I guess the hourglass will pop up again tonight or something, but come on this ain't right!

Any ideas?
    07-21-09 08:42 AM
    I dropped mine last week on a tile floor. The screen had a black line down it, but other than that it was white. I pulled the battery and it came back up with a solid white screen. I ordered a replacement screen and it does the same thing, so I know it's not (only) the display that's the problem. I'll leave it running over night to see if it ever wakes up.

I don't see any other obvious physical damage to the main board.
    07-22-09 01:33 PM
    Ok, so since the last time i posted my Bold started to reboot again, worked for a few hours, showed the white screen again and on and on. I tought i bricked it so i followed the "How to recover a dead BB" lecture. All went well but the bold still shows a white screen. Then yesterday the screen showed up again with a new OS installed. I was happy as **** because now i was able to restore my backed up data. But no it was too good to be true, the bold only shows a white screen again. What new is that i now can receive calls so i think that it is a screen issue. Has anybody had this before? I don't think it's water damage and the screen doesn't show any signs of cracks or something. Just don't know what to do.. Should i order a new screen from cnn.cn?
    07-27-09 11:26 AM
    Maybe it's handy to say that i've blacked out my bold like 4-5 months ago, have switched back and forth to the normal silver bezel a few times, but had no problems before. Maybe it's the connector of the screen? Any help is appreciated guys
    07-27-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD