I have this bold 9000 that is a branded t-mobile phone. I have brought it 2 time to let them unlock it at t-mobile. Now that I am overseas I can call and receive calls but bbm does not work. And I have tried to wipe it with bbsak and tried to update it to OS 5. BBsak tells me it does not recognize the phone and when I tried to update apploader tells me that there is no update for this phone wich there is because I have downloaded it. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem or is my phone still locked ?
    08-30-11 10:46 AM
    Unlocking has nothing to do with ability to use data. Since you are able to make and receive phone calls, your device is unlocked.

You need to contact the carrier you are using and get a BIS plan if you want to use BBM. It sounds like you do not have a BIS plan, or your carrier has not provisioned your plan properly.

The 9000 was never sold by T-Mobile USA, so if it is T-Mobile branded, it has to be from T-Mobile in Europe.
    08-30-11 10:53 AM
    T-mobile europe But phone never had bis on it alway's used it normally when I had my contract. But since I know live somewhere else I can just call and can not do anything else. I have had multiple bb and always wiped and updated them with no problem but this one is a new one for me never seen this problem before
    08-30-11 12:19 PM
    T-mobile europe But phone never had bis on it alway's used it normally when I had my contract. But since I know live somewhere else I can just call and can not do anything else. I have had multiple bb and always wiped and updated them with no problem but this one is a new one for me never seen this problem before
    Wiping the device and loading a different OS will not let you use BBM. You need a BIS plan from your carrier in order to use BBM. Generic dataplans or no dataplan at all will not allow you to use BBM. BBM requires service books, which will not be available unless you have BIS provisioned by your carrier.
    08-30-11 12:22 PM
    I know that but still with data I can not use it. If I take my sim out and put it in my bb9700 it works just fine. But still I wanna update the bold 9000 and that is not possible and can not wipe it either.
    08-30-11 12:24 PM
    I know that but still with data I can not use it. If I take my sim out and put it in my bb9700 it works just fine. But still I wanna update the bold 9000 and that is not possible and can not wipe it either.
    It sounds like you have not deleted the vendor.xml file. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-483268/
    Spy 1 likes this.
    08-30-11 12:28 PM
    I have when I try to load another OS it does not recognize my bb I have to go through command prompt to get it to see it and then it tells me there is no update for my device wich I downloaded and installed it.
    08-30-11 12:30 PM
    Thnx for that I never knew the vendor file could duplicate itself and after trying some more and searching deleted every name that had vendor in it, it finally started updating. Thank you Lak611
    08-30-11 01:19 PM
    Thnx for that I never knew the vendor file could duplicate itself and after trying some more and searching deleted every name that had vendor in it, it finally started updating. Thank you Lak611
    You're welcome. I am glad that it worked.
    08-30-11 01:21 PM
    but still I want to wipe it with bbsak and it say's that there is no device detected ....
    08-30-11 01:30 PM
    but still I want to wipe it with bbsak and it say's that there is no device detected ....
    If you use loader.exe to install a new OS, there is no need to wipe with BBSAK first. The device gets wiped by loader.exe before the new OS is installed.
    08-30-11 01:33 PM
    yes you are correct but I still get everything setup the way it was when t-mobile pre-installed wanted that gone to see if the device will work normally since i could not use bbm
    08-30-11 01:37 PM
    yes you are correct but I still get everything setup the way it was when t-mobile pre-installed wanted that gone to see if the device will work normally since i could not use bbm
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? Wiping the device or installing a different OS will not affect the usage of BBM.

You can use any OS, as long as you delete the vendor.xml file, and it seems that deleting the hidden vendor.xml allows the update to proceed.

However, you need a BIS plan to use BBM, no matter what OS you have installed on your device.
    08-30-11 01:42 PM
    Yes I have I have a BIS plan
    08-30-11 01:49 PM
    Yes I have I have a BIS plan
    After the OS is installed and the device reboots, does the host routing table get registered? Do you get the confirmation that your device was registered to the mobile network?
    08-30-11 01:51 PM
    yes but it say's t-mobile NL
    08-30-11 02:07 PM
    yes but it say's t-mobile NL
    What carrier's SIM is in the device?
    08-30-11 02:20 PM
    It is Setar
    08-30-11 02:21 PM
    It is Setar
    Have you tried registering your device on their BIS site using your PC? https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=setar

Have you changed the APN on your device to the proper APN for Setar?
    Spy 1 likes this.
    08-30-11 02:31 PM
    Never registered because I do not receive emails on my phone.
    What is APN ?
    08-30-11 02:33 PM
    Never registered because I do not receive emails on my phone.
    What is APN ?
    BBM will not work either if you do not register your device on your carrier's BIS.

APN is access point name. Access Point Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If registering on Setar's BIS does not enable you to get BBM, then I would suggest that you post in the Unlocking Forum and ask if any unlockers know Setar's APN settings.
    Spy 1 likes this.
    08-30-11 02:37 PM
    ok will try it out but one more thing my other bb 9700 is from the states I just put in my sim and pay for the bis and it works why is this different ?
    08-30-11 02:40 PM
    I have tried to register and got a msg that I need to go to host routing tables and register now I did that but nothing happend.
    08-30-11 02:52 PM
    I will just take it to Setar and see if they can get it up and running thnx for everything
    08-30-11 03:17 PM
    I have bought a prepaid card an bought the BIS for a day to test and I can not go online and no bbm. I can go online with browser only through wifi no bbm on wifi. Do I have to go to my service provider see if they can set it up or do I have a locked BB and only unlocked sim ??
    08-31-11 06:24 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD