I am working with a Bold 9000 and having issues getting the device connected to an Acer Extensa 5430 Laptop. I have gone through every troubleshooting step I have seen online so far but still no progress. If anyone out there can give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

Device:
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    PC:
    Acer Extensa 5430 Laptop
    3 USB ports
    Windows Vista Home Premium

Troubleshooting Completed:

*Installed Blackberry Desktop Manager 501_b073_multilanguage from Blackberry website. Connected Device to USB1, Device recognized in Windows Device Manager as "Blackberry Smartphone" under USB Controllers and "RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM8) and (COM9) under Ports in Windows Device Manager, but Blackbery Device Manager only shows COM3 "Disabled" and nothing else. Desktop Manager shows "Device Connected (PIN): None"

*Uninstalled Driver for Blackberry Device in Windows Device Manager and reconnected Device to USB2. Same result

*Uninstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager 501_b073_multilanguage and reinstalled with out Media Manager or Roxio>Installed device software from Provider specific Blackberry Site(software version 5.0.0.442)>Reconnected Device to USB3. Same Result

*Uninstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager 501_b073_multilanguage and uninstalled Blackberry Device driver through Windows Device Manager> Uninstalled ALL USB Root Hub>Restarted Computer>Installed Desktop Manager 500_b028_multilanguage>Reconnected Device to USB1. Same Result

*Uninstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager 500_b028_multilanguage>Did a battery pull on device>restarted PC>Installed Blackberry Desktop Manager 501_b073_multilanguage. Reconnected Device to USB1 Same Result

*Did a battery pull on device and connected to PC using USB2 without battery installed. Same Result

At this point I am at a loss for a next step in troubleshooting. Any support would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    06-29-10 10:28 PM
    Sounds like a USB driver conflict to me. Try installing the USB drivers separately: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...61DF03D1FCE456.

Good luck!
    06-30-10 05:32 AM
    Would not hurt to try a different cable either.
    07-01-10 07:06 AM
    You could also try downloading and installing DM-version 4.6 (Older) and try that. Might have better results.
    07-01-10 09:56 AM
    Thanks again for all your suggestions, however none have been fruitfull yet.

I attempted the USB Drivers seperately, however that still did not pull up the device in Blackberry Device Manager.

I tried the phone and USB cable on a different computer and it worked completely fine using Desktop Manager 5.0.1. The problem is that all of the information I want the sync with the blackberry is on the computer I am having problems connecting too.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    07-03-10 12:06 PM
    Move the information to the other computer, then sync from there.
    07-04-10 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD