Yep, like the title states I am having serious problems with my Bold's Wi-Fi connection. It turns white for about a minute and then goes back to gray. I have done a battery pull and I have also deleted the Wi-Fi off the Bold and re-added it. Its very sporadic and its making me mad. The Wi-Fi on my iPhone is connected to the same router and it runs like a champ so I'm puzzled. Any suggestions?
    06-22-09 08:06 PM
    If its gray it means its not connected

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 08:09 PM
    If its gray it means its not connected

Um...thanks, I guess. I think I know that. This never used to be a problem. Have a suggestion??
    06-22-09 08:13 PM
    I sort of had the same problem. This might help to fix it. Might not. Give it a try.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wif...ed-out-232912/

Sam.

06-22-09 08:20 PM
    By the way, that very same Wi-Fi issue comes up a lot on phones running
    the .167 OS.
    06-22-09 08:22 PM
    It has never been this way though...it has always worked flawlessly!
    06-22-09 08:25 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry....
    06-22-09 08:28 PM
    I'm also wondering what level of security do you have on your router?

That might be an issue, too.
    06-22-09 08:36 PM
    I'm also wondering what level of security do you have on your router?

That might be an issue, too.
    WPA-Personal. This recently just started happening. I'll try reseting my router next. Its a 2Wire AT&T U-verse router but as stated before this has never been an issue and my iPhone works fine on the same Wi-Fi. So frustrating!
    06-22-09 08:47 PM
    WPA-Personal. This recently just started happening. I'll try reseting my router next. Its a 2Wire AT&T U-verse router but as stated before this has never been an issue and my iPhone works fine on the same Wi-Fi. So frustrating!
    I'm going to tell you this. I was using that 2wire AT&T router and for the
    longest time it worked fine for my Bold. Then all of a sudden I came up on the
    exact same issue for a week. It was frustrating. Three routers later, same
    crap.

What did I do?

I got myself a linksys router, bridged the 2wire router to modem status and I
    haven't had any problems with my linksys. Those 2wire routers from AT&T are
    terrible.
    06-22-09 08:50 PM
    crap.

What did I do?

terrible.
    The U-verse issued big, black router or the small, white wireless router you can buy at the store?

It just makes no sense....I have 3 computers on that router, they work fine. 2 iPhones connected, they work fine. And then there is the Bold which is being trash at the moment. It has to be the Bold, no??
    Last edited by BBsnub; 06-22-09 at 08:57 PM.
    06-22-09 08:54 PM
    The U-verse issued big, black router or the small, white wireless router you can buy at the store?
    2701HG-B a white one. 2wire is terrible all together.
    06-22-09 08:56 PM
    My prob is kind of along the same lines but not as bad. I can get connected to wifi no prob but I don't get the checkmark...any idea why this is? I am using OS .266 right now.

06-22-09 09:01 PM
    I had an issue when all of a sudden my 8900 wasn't connecting to my linksys.
    I basically just reloaded the OS and it worked fine again. I only did it since it
    was one of the options given many times when I searched the Wi-Fi issue
    threads.
    06-22-09 09:04 PM
    My prob is kind of along the same lines but not as bad. I can get connected to wifi no prob but I don't get the checkmark...any idea why this is? I am using OS .266 right now.

what checkmark are you referring to?
    06-22-09 09:05 PM
    The checkmark on the connections manager as opposed to the regular x. The checkmark indicates that ur conncected. I used to get the checkmark but for some reason, I don't anymore.

06-22-09 09:15 PM
    Well, upgraded to the new .282 OS and I still have the same issue. Next is to reset my router. If that does not work in the trash the Bold goes....
    06-22-09 11:10 PM
    crap.

What did I do?

terrible.
    I'm having the same problem with my 2wire AT&T router (same model as yours). It will work fine for awhile and then all of a sudden, my connection kept dropping off. I'm planning on getting a linksys router myself and bridging the connection too, but I want to make sure I get a router that won't have any problems when my BB tries to connect. Which model did you get? I'd like to get one with WPA2, but WPA is alright too.
    06-22-09 11:11 PM
    Hmmm... my Bold had this problem... till I told it to go for Automatic IP obtainment. Was kinda depressed I had to do it that way...
    06-22-09 11:57 PM
    Hmmm... my Bold had this problem... till I told it to go for Automatic IP obtainment. Was kinda depressed I had to do it that way...
    I have new info....every time I connect to it, the wi-fi symbol will be white. However, if I send a BBM, text message, google talk or even an AIM message it will go solid gray. I've had people even tell me that my message duplicates and it only seems to happen when my wi-fi is messing up. I'm getting soooo angry.
    06-23-09 12:13 AM
    Yep, like the title states I am having serious problems with my Bold's Wi-Fi connection. It turns white for about a minute and then goes back to gray. I have done a battery pull and I have also deleted the Wi-Fi off the Bold and re-added it. Its very sporadic and its making me mad. The Wi-Fi on my iPhone is connected to the same router and it runs like a champ so I'm puzzled. Any suggestions?
    I dunno man I blocked my data and just use my wifi at home and its greyed out, but still works great and is very fast the tool at att said it isn't solid white because I have no access to bis. When I leave it won't allow me to connect so I know the wifi is workin, its just greyed out. Weird, it was all white when I first bloxked the data.

06-23-09 12:15 AM
    I dunno man I blocked my data and just use my wifi at home and its greyed out, but still works great and is very fast the tool at att said it isn't solid white because I have no access to bis. When I leave it won't allow me to connect so I know the wifi is workin, its just greyed out. Weird, it was all white when I first bloxked the data.

But I'm on BES and BIS.

I've just about had it to be honest.
    06-23-09 12:21 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my 2wire AT&T router (same model as yours). It will work fine for awhile and then all of a sudden, my connection kept dropping off. I'm planning on getting a linksys router myself and bridging the connection too, but I want to make sure I get a router that won't have any problems when my BB tries to connect. Which model did you get? I'd like to get one with WPA2, but WPA is alright too.
    Can't remember the model off the top of my head. But I'll be sure to report back to you tommorow when I get to work and check it out.

06-23-09 12:41 AM
    Well, upgraded to the new .282 OS and I still have the same issue. Next is to reset my router. If that does not work in the trash the Bold goes....
    I suspect the the problem is the router. 2wire and Blackberry's do not get along.

06-23-09 12:42 AM
    WRT160N Version 2
    06-23-09 02:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD