05-30-13 04:17 PM
40 12
tools
    [QUOTE=lakshmipathy.viswanathan;5974319]
    I think I have a fix. I'll explain what I did and please let me know if it works for you.

The problem: A completely, with an emphasis on completely, blank white screen. Occasionally, the phone appears slightly fuzzy, or glitchy. Also, the phone occasionally appears completely normal. The phone, in my case, worked fine despite the screen problems.

I had the same problem. However I found a solution without dissambling my phone.

MY SOLUTION:

1. do a battery pull
    2. press with your finger on top the screen in the area just below the blackberry logo (you may take your phone in your hand and press your thumb on the described place
    3. while pressing on the screen, put your battery back in and wait for the red light to dissapear
    4. the phone should boot as normal, without any appereance of the white screen!
    5. you can now stop pressing on the screen!

this method works perfectly for my phone. although everytime i do a battery pull i have to use it again. it may not seem like the perfect solution but it is a life saver in situations where you do not have the equipment/time to dissamble your phone!

(warning: do not use excessive power. the blackberry screen is very solid i have no screen errors whatsoever. but you should find out for your own how much pressure your screen can handle)

- i use bb bold 9000
    03-23-11 07:53 AM
    Check out the link in my signature on how to recover a dead BlackBerry.

Bryan
    Hi!! I was not able to completed the process. The exact same thing happened to me.. I had my blackberry connected to the charger and then the screen went blank.. I took out the battery and then putted back in however I do not even get the LED red light.... I followed your tutorial but the app loader does not recognize the phone.... Any Ideas or suggestions?? They would be highly appreciated...
    04-05-11 08:58 AM
    I was having the same problem last night, I wiped out my OS and reinstalled a Higher version .1067 on my Bold 9000, and everything is fantastic now.

No glitches.
    04-06-11 12:45 AM
    Well the thing is that my BB is not even recognized by the USB port on my computer.. Any Ideas on how could I fix this?
    04-06-11 10:15 AM
    Search how to fix a bricked blackberry. I know there is a video somewhere on how to...(yes even if ur phone is not being recognized)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    afprietoa likes this.
    04-08-11 02:54 AM
    i have a 9700 and it has the WSOD and the device has a password and is not being recognized by my laptop, what can i do?
    04-09-11 10:03 AM
    i had the same pbm for 3 days after my baby daughter dropped my phone.
    At first, a few dead pixels appeared and then it got worse with a whole line going through the screen. Then it went to WSOD, but the phone still works.
    Tried all the solution suggested on CB but no luck.
    Strange thing i found out is that when i put my phone in the fridge or even freezer, the WSOD would disappear and my display would come back to normal. Then a few min afterwards, the screen would go white again.

Then i found a life saving solution: Impatica viaDock.
    They give a 5 days free trial and then u gotta buy it for $40.
    It's a piece of SW that allows you to view/replicate/sync your phone screen on your desktop via USB.
    It's freakin' great. It was indeed not easy to setup the SW on the phone side ddue to the WSOD but the fridge cooling solution allowed me to manage that.
    Even if you dont have this WSOD, it's awesome to have your BB screen bigger on your desktop and make use of a full keyboard, mouse, etc.
    It's really worth the $40.
    I hope this help some of y'all.
    Peace out.
    06-04-11 05:05 PM
    I have news, it's not it's not a hardware problem and no you need any updates. i have {bold 9700} i change the housing and when turn on the phone i got the white screen of death, i looked ever way for a do it yourself with no luck, anyway i then start to take the phone apart with the phone turned on when disconnect flex cord that runs to camera and sd card, the screen working like new. I the reconnect the flex and that was it.. good luck and let me know if this worked for you
    12-09-11 04:52 PM
    santa says the retired man's soul will rest in peace.death takes all the pain and suffering and melts it away.
    12-10-11 01:59 AM
    My BB9000 has always done the "WSOD" when the battery dies. Battery pull always fixes it but it's annoying and probably shouldn't be happening. I suspect that my battery is kaput anyway, probably causing the WSOD.
    12-11-11 01:33 PM
    I have tried all of the above plus a new battery. The operating system continually loads then goes to white screen.
    Mine started when I put it on the car charger. When I took it off the battery charge was lower. Later the phone got really hot in the area of the battery then went to white screen. When I put in the new battery it started up and worked until i went to charge it. Now it is white screen again. I tried another charger and still the same.

Blackberry Bold 9000
    04-12-13 12:07 PM
    There is no link with your signature.
    04-12-13 12:08 PM
    I have tried all of the above plus a new battery. The operating system continually loads then goes to white screen.
    Mine started when I put it on the car charger. When I took it off the battery charge was lower. Later the phone got really hot in the area of the battery then went to white screen. When I put in the new battery it started up and worked until i went to charge it. Now it is white screen again. I tried another charger and still the same.

Blackberry Bold 9000
    Try This

WHITE SCREEN of DEATH FIXED WITH ELECTRICAL TAPE. - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Or TRY THIS

In the words of Carlos Cuevas: Blackberry Bold 9000 White Screen of Death!!!
    04-18-13 02:19 PM
    hi everyone my bb has the white screen of death ive tried the batterie pull a few times but still no luck it wont work, when i put the batterie in the screen stays off but the led light goes red? help someone please before i destroy the silly thing!
    05-30-13 04:09 PM
    help someone please, my batteries went completly dead so i put it on charge via a wall charger and left it for abit the batterie sign came up with the lightning streak though it, then my screen just went white! ive tried the batterie pull but its not doing anything just goung black with the red led on :/ help me please somebody before i smash the stupid thing! thankss
    05-30-13 04:17 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD