This morning when i woke up i went to check my bold for emails only to see it going crazy. It wouldn't respond to my trackball movements and was doing things by itself like opening the bb browser, changing the profiles, opening the menu and going to random apps and folders. Usually i set my bold to turn off at night and turn on in the morning and i have quickpull v3 pro so i set it up to do a soft reset every monday after the phone starts up but since quickpull does not work when the phone is in standby mode when i used it this morning i canceled the soft reset and decided to check my email before the reset but the phone wouldnt let me do anything. So i did a battery pull which fixed it but the phone is lagging a lot and the the memory at startup has gone down from 45.9-46.1 to 43.5 randomly and its going down pretty fast. I havent installed any programs in the last week and i have had .282 since i saw it on crackberry.
    what should i do to stop it from lagging and stop the memory from decreasing so fast. Pls help since im traveling on weds and i need my blackberry to work properly.
    07-06-09 11:13 AM
    Try another pull.
    07-06-09 11:16 AM
    just did that and the memory is still leaking, its still lagging and i get the clock a lot. Do you think re installing the os would help if it doesnt i will probably downgrade to .247. I am thinking it might be the programs. The only programs i installed in the last two weeks are tunewiki, quick pull pro, auto standby, mobile bartender and oanda fxconverter
    07-06-09 11:31 AM
    It certainly wouldn't hurt anything. Also, 247 has been very solid for me in all areas.
    07-06-09 11:39 AM
    i was on .247 before upgrading to .282 since .266 wasnt good for me. .282 was pretty stable for me until today and it was also quite fast although i had less memory. Ill probably downgrade since i never had a problem with .247. Thanks
    07-06-09 11:43 AM
    i was just playing around with my bold and the lag is gone but the is still leaking a little. Gonna wait a while before deciding to downgrade.
    07-06-09 11:56 AM
    .282 has been a rockstar for me since I installed it two and a half weeks ago.
    07-06-09 12:00 PM
    .282 was an awesome os for me until today morning. It was better with mem management, battery life and sig reception. it was the best os i had used until today morning. It could be the programs i installed or the os im still trying to see if it was the programs. Also i was wondering how many people said that their mem went up after a battery pull from previous os's. mine went down.
    07-06-09 12:14 PM
    Most of the OS's are pretty much the same after .237 anyway. The problem
    the OP had would have probably happened on any OS anyway. If you were
    to install an OS between .237 and .282 without me knowing, there's a 98%
    chance I won't know what OS is installed on it.
    07-06-09 12:32 PM
    Most of the OS's are pretty much the same after .237 anyway. The problem
    the OP had would have probably happened on any OS anyway. If you were
    to install an OS between .237 and .282 without me knowing, there's a 98%
    chance I won't know what OS is installed on it.
    then what do u suggest i do, a clean wipe and reinstall an os or checking the programs to see where the problem originates. Also a wierd thing happened a while ago. My free memory suddenly jumped to 48 from 38, back down to 38 and up to 40.5.
    07-06-09 05:53 PM
    then what do u suggest i do, a clean wipe and reinstall an os or checking the programs to see where the problem originates. Also a wierd thing happened a while ago. My free memory suddenly jumped to 48 from 38, back down to 38 and up to 40.5.
    Just reload the OS you currently have. Something probably became corrupted.

The memory jump is normal. Depends on what is open, what is being closed
    and so forth.
    07-06-09 06:03 PM
    for some reason i am having problems reloading the os, there was an error when i tried it first but nothing changed with the my bold. So i tried it again but my computer wont recognize my bold and the pin doesn't show up in desktop manager when i opened it.
    07-06-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD