Last night a small amount of water splashed on my bold. It turns on and everything except for the fact that when I press the "A" button "ou" comes up instead. I disconnected the battery and put it in a bowl of rice overnight. This morning I woke up and no progress has been made. Is there anything else I can do to get my bold back to normal?
    07-05-09 01:05 PM
    You shouldn't have turned it on and instead threw it in rice immediately. All
    I can suggest is not turning it on and giving it more time to dry.
    07-05-09 01:16 PM
    You may have fried it by turning it on. Normally you should open everything up and allow it to dry for 2 days. Not much you can do I'm afraid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 02:27 PM
    Do you guys think I will be able to return it to the ATT store and get a replacement or would I have to call up and make an insurance claim?
    07-06-09 03:45 PM
    AT&T would be able to tell it got wet so they wouldn't replace it under warranty. You would probably have to file an insurance claim.
    07-06-09 03:48 PM
    You shouldn't have turned it on and instead threw it in rice immediately. All
    I can suggest is not turning it on and giving it more time to dry.
    totally agree

i tried it with my motorola before
    07-07-09 09:55 AM
    take the battery out and check for the little tab that should be white, if its red then dont even try but if its white try and exchange it.
    07-07-09 10:06 PM
    Well, my Bold managed to take a dip in the toilet. I never could understand how that could happen. Now I do.

Anyway, After letting it dry out a bit, I was still having problems with the keys not functioning properly -- similar to your description. I had to wipe the Bold's memory and do a restore from a recent backup to get it working right again. The only thing I ended up losing was the ability to select using the trackball (it still tracks), I have to use the enter key instead.

All in all, pretty lucky.
    07-08-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD