just installed .266 and have the phone all setup... loving this simultaneous data+voice..
    07-03-09 01:54 PM
    What device did you come from, and how are you liking it from that?
    07-03-09 02:04 PM
    What device did you come from, and how are you liking it from that?
    If your asking me what device I had. I had the 8330 on vz. I just finally got the bold all set up perfect and I love it. Man this things fast.
    07-03-09 03:05 PM
    just installed .266 and have the phone all setup... loving this simultaneous data+voice..
    Haha, voice and data sure is sweet isn't it?? The best my friend. Wifi is nice too. Speed of the device is good huh? Just curious to know what you think. Look out for PM inbox.
    07-03-09 05:36 PM
    Haha, voice and data sure is sweet isn't it?? The best my friend. Wifi is nice too. Speed of the device is good huh? Just curious to know what you think. Look out for PM inbox.
    Im in heaven right now! you have no idea... I love the voice + data.. cannot stop using it... WiFi.. wow.. Im running .266 right now and this device is very fast. Downloading .282 from rogers as we speak... I personally feel that this device has set the benchmark for all blackberry smartphones to follow. I can only imagine how the Onyx(9020) will perform in comparison to the 9000.. I assume the bar has been set even higher on that one.
    07-04-09 09:46 AM
    Just to play "The Devil's Advocate" for a minute:

What I'm seeing is most.. ok I'll go out on a limb and say all GSM users think their bold is better. Why? They'll say because of WiFi. What is funny, I get by in buildings, basements and no so populated areas just fine with VZW.

Truth is, the bold may have slight edge on the Tour as far as processor.
    Everything else? Well, it's got the better camera, the screen, and what everybody seems to skip is the application memory. Where the BOLD has 128, and the Tour has 256.

Bold owners are just about as 'in the closet' as storm owners when it comes to a new device being released with the "Mines still better mentality" Hop in your hummer truck!

On a side note: It's sad seeing everybody argue about Sprint, when it's ATT Who has the lack luster service. But, once VZW blackberrys carry WiFi, whats going to be your fight then?

Thanks
    07-04-09 10:00 AM
    The ability to have simultaneous voice and data, is alone enough for me. Until you have the ability, you can appreciate it I guess. The option to have wifi is nice too. Just the option. Yes the Tour has a great camera, but my Bold suffices. If I need something better, theres always a real camera. The screen on the Tour isn't necessarily better than the Bolds. It is smaller, thus looks more vivid. I like the bigger screen of the Bold vs the Tour. Thats one of the main arguements of Storm users is the bigger screen. That applies in this comparison. The Bold processor is faster than the Tours, and when multitasking on the Bold vs the Tour you can tell it.
    I'm not saying the Tour isn't a great phone, it is. It has some things that are better than the Bold. And vice versa.
    07-04-09 10:09 AM
    What I'm seeing is most.. ok I'll go out on a limb and say all GSM users think their bold is better. Why? They'll say because of WiFi. What is funny, I get by in buildings, basements and no so populated areas just fine with VZW.

Truth is, the bold may have slight edge on the Tour as far as processor.
    Everything else? Well, it's got the better camera, the screen, and what everybody seems to skip is the application memory. Where the BOLD has 128, and the Tour has 256.

Bold owners are just about as 'in the closet' as storm owners when it comes to a new device being released with the "Mines still better mentality" Hop in your hummer truck!

On a side note: It's sad seeing everybody argue about Sprint, when it's ATT Who has the lack luster service. But, once VZW blackberrys carry WiFi, whats going to be your fight then?

Thanks
    Well the fight will still be that GSM blackberry devices are much more powerful than their CDMA version. and the whole tired service provider argument is getting very old... if you live in rural america VZW is your best bet. If your someone like myself who has full 3G ATT coverage everywhere i go... Anywhere that i travel has the same.. I had verizon for the past 3 years and cingular before that.. I can honestly say that theres no difference in service between the two... Full at&t bars everywhere i go. its like having your cake and eating it too!
    07-04-09 10:15 AM
    Im in heaven right now! you have no idea... I love the voice + data.. cannot stop using it... WiFi.. wow.. Im running .266 right now and this device is very fast. Downloading .282 from rogers as we speak... I personally feel that this device has set the benchmark for all blackberry smartphones to follow. I can only imagine how the Onyx(9020) will perform in comparison to the 9000.. I assume the bar has been set even higher on that one.
    CDMA subscribers won't understand until LTE/WiMax handsets become official. Not only are the phones more superior, simultaneous voice and data is King. If that's not enough, 9 out of 10, a GSM BB will have wi-fi. If coverage is great in your area, how do you lose? I have both GSM and CDMA, so I definitely understand the constant praise.

As of phones, I'm loving the Tour more than the Onyx, but the Bold is number #1. It's probably a size thing.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 07-04-09 at 10:34 AM.
    07-04-09 10:32 AM
    Well the fight will still be that GSM blackberry devices are much more powerful than their CDMA version. and the whole tired service provider argument is getting very old... if you live in rural america VZW is your best bet. If your someone like myself who has full 3G ATT coverage everywhere i go... Anywhere that i travel has the same.. I had verizon for the past 3 years and cingular before that.. I can honestly say that theres no difference in service between the two... Full at&t bars everywhere i go. its like having your cake and eating it too!
    Oh I understand, I'm just stick of the same arguments over and over. It's pointless. I can see and appreciate a new phone on a different network. I don't see the big deal. BTW: it wasn't against you. I just had to get it off my back. I would like WiFi as well, but by no means is it a deal breaker... I do like my cake :-)
    07-04-09 10:38 AM
    As of phones, I'm loving the Tour more than the Onyx, but the Bold is number #1. It's probably a size thing.
    Yeah I read that the Onyx is a pretty small device. That kind of stumped me.
    07-04-09 10:40 AM
    Yeah I read that the Onyx is a pretty small device. That kind of stumped me.
    It's between a 8900 and a Tour, but the screen is so beautiful. Arguably, the best screen on a BB that I've seen personally, including the Storm.
    07-04-09 10:45 AM
    Oh I understand, I'm just stick of the same arguments over and over. It's pointless. I can see and appreciate a new phone on a different network. I don't see the big deal. BTW: it wasn't against you. I just had to get it off my back. I would like WiFi as well, but by no means is it a deal breaker... I do like my cake :-)
    oh i know man... trust me... i was not implying that you were making the comment to me. I just meant im so tired of VZ fanboys who just say how VZ is the best EVER and everyone else is junk. As of right now coming from vz, i can honestly say att is better. if vz didnt have this smug attitude about how the network is soo amazing, yet the phones old as the earth itself.. (when compared to the GSM model released a year before)
    07-04-09 10:55 AM
    CDMA subscribers won't understand until LTE/WiMax handsets become official. Not only are the phones more superior, simultaneous voice and data is King. If that's not enough, 9 out of 10, a GSM BB will have wi-fi. If coverage is great in your area, how do you lose? I have both GSM and CDMA, so I definitely understand the constant praise.

Yes, once LTE becomes the new standard. Phones will come out alot faster for verizon/att. It will just become a carrier exclusive war all the time though lol.. back and fourth of someone getting the hottest new BB..
    07-04-09 10:57 AM
    oh i know man... trust me... i was not implying that you were making the comment to me. I just meant im so tired of VZ fanboys who just say how VZ is the best EVER and everyone else is junk. As of right now coming from vz, i can honestly say att is better. if vz didnt have this smug attitude about how the network is soo amazing, yet the phones old as the earth itself.. (when compared to the GSM model released a year before)
    I would quote this and put it as my sig. I swear I say this all the time, so the fact that somebody else is saying it, makes me feel great. Patience and maturity goes a long way. You have to remember those two things before you end up going in a huge war with them. Can't even imagine when they go LTE mode lol. Good God!
    07-04-09 11:06 AM
    I would quote this and put it as my sig. I swear I say this all the time, so the fact that somebody else is saying it, makes me feel great. Patience and maturity goes a long way. You have to remember those two things before you end up going in a huge war with them. Can't even imagine when they go LTE mode lol. Good God!
    Feel free to quote it if you would like I dont mind.. Really.. when LTE launches i want to see how verizons attitude changes when it comes to phones. OR maybe it wont..
    07-04-09 11:17 AM
    I'm using a Javelin. Have access to any device, so keeping that in mind-- do u think I should go to a Bold?
    I don't mind the size... actually, I prefer the bigger size. What's stopping me is that I've noticed on friends' devices that the available application memory is really crappy (low), So what's the point of a so-called faster processor when there's no ram available?? Opinions??
    Thx
    07-04-09 05:41 PM
    I have been given a choice in the coming week to chose a new Blackberry on Telus's network. I'm thinking either the Bold or Tour. I may be working over seas in the coming future and I mainly use my phone for business. I receive and review a lot of survey plans and other work related materials on my blackberry. I don't use the camera much, as I carry a Canon with me where ever I go. I think having wifi would be pretty neat, but I'm not sure if I would use it much. As it is I never really used my brower much on my old Storm. I do however text a wee bit, usually with my daughter or a couple of co-workers, but I wouldn't consider myself to be Mr. Supertexter.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which Blackberry I should choose next, either the Bold or Tour. The Telus store guy thought I might like the Tour. The Storm was my first Blackberry and was mostly like not the best introduction I could have had to Blackberry (that's just my personal opinion). Anyway any info or advice one could pass my way would be greatly appreciated, as I am not really sure what I should do.

Best regards,
    07-04-09 11:52 PM
    I have been given a choice in the coming week to chose a new Blackberry on Telus's network. I'm thinking either the Bold or Tour. I may be working over seas in the coming future and I mainly use my phone for business. I receive and review a lot of survey plans and other work related materials on my blackberry. I don't use the camera much, as I carry a Canon with me where ever I go. I think having wifi would be pretty neat, but I'm not sure if I would use it much. As it is I never really used my brower much on my old Storm. I do however text a wee bit, usually with my daughter or a couple of co-workers, but I wouldn't consider myself to be Mr. Supertexter.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which Blackberry I should choose next, either the Bold or Tour. The Telus store guy thought I might like the Tour. The Storm was my first Blackberry and was mostly like not the best introduction I could have had to Blackberry (that's just my personal opinion). Anyway any info or advice one could pass my way would be greatly appreciated, as I am not really sure what I should do.

Best regards,
    That is actually an easy question. Get the Tour. Telus is currently CDMA and won't have gsm until at least september(I think that is when it is rumoured) and I don't think there is a CDMA Bold. So, just get the Tour if you want to stay on Telus. It will do everything you need and want it to do.
    07-05-09 12:29 AM
    I LOVE the look of the Bold. I wish the Tour looked just like it. Ahhhh I'm being the iconic blonde ditz right now and loving a phone for it's visual appeal....but that's part of it for everybody, isn't it? If AT&T had the best service here, I'd use AT&T. Where I am, VZW is the best. I'm also really happy with their CS so I have great reasons to stay. I do agree it's childish and silly to argue about "the best" carrier in a definitive sense. Service and coverage VARY people!
    Anyway, I'm super dee duper excited for my Tour....only phone I'd be more excited to get is the Bold. But I actually am really psyched about the 3.2 MP camera!! I don't lug my digi cam with me everywhere so my phone IS my camera. I have some great shots of my kids that I captured with my current BB.

Glad you Bold users are so friendly!
    07-05-09 01:13 AM
    OT but, the 1st time I saw the Bold was when Anderson Cooper was on a talk show and had it on the table in front of him.....I thought "Wow! That is one sexy BB! Wonder what carrier..." I was hoping it was a yet to be released BB from VZW but of course, it wasn't. I do wish VZW didn't take EONS to release new phones!!
    07-05-09 01:17 AM
    I wish the Onyx was as big as the Bold... not really into the tiny phone thing, too small to hold comfortably.
    07-05-09 01:35 AM
    The onyx will be the best blackberry available upon launch . I look forward to it. Its still about tour sized from what I've seen. So bigger than the curve but still smaller than the bold. I must say though I'm in love with the bold until 9020 comes out! Ha
    Last edited by xplode; 07-05-09 at 02:17 PM.
    07-05-09 02:15 PM
    im so in love with my Bold!!!
    But i love the look of this new phone should i get it?

ADD ME ON MY PIN!!! to help me choose
    07-05-09 02:17 PM
    im so in love with my Bold!!!
    But i love the look of this new phone should i get it?

ADD ME ON MY PIN!!! to help me choose
    The bold is amazing.. The onyx will be as well.. If your like me you will just have to have both..
    07-05-09 11:10 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD