I have a question for any of the VZ/RIM phone guys that are always around .. Due to being sick of VZ i jumped ship today and am awaiting my bold. But my question is when OS 5.0 comes out, will this make the bold browser equal to that of the tour? Because im aware that the Tour will have a better browser (im assuming this is due to just newer software). Once 5.0 comes out is it safe to assume that the bold's browser will handle JS just as well as the tour? Because besides the camera it seems the tour is only ahead of the bold software wise..
    Last edited by xplode; 07-01-09 at 04:00 PM.
    07-01-09 09:26 AM
    I am curious about this as well.
    07-01-09 11:08 AM
    I am also interested in a response to this question.
    07-01-09 12:38 PM
    The Tour will be running 4.6 won't it?
    07-01-09 12:39 PM
    The Tour will be running 4.6 won't it?
    Tour will not be on 5.0 and if/when they both are, browser will be just about equal, only bold may process faster.
    07-01-09 01:44 PM
    I have a question for any of the VZ/RIM phone guys that are always around .. Due to being sick of VZ i jumped ship today and am awaiting my bold. But my question is when OS 5.0 comes out, will this make the bold browser equal to that of the tour? Because im aware that the Tour will have a better browser (im assuming this is due to just newer software). Once 5.0 comes out is it safe to assume that the bold's browser will handle JS just as well as the tour? Because besides the camera it seems the tour is only ahead of the bold software wise..
    if both phones are running 5.0 then they will be running pretty much the same browser..your comparison will have to be all about hardware and the Bold blows the tour away in that category
    07-01-09 01:46 PM
    if both phones are running 5.0 then they will be running pretty much the same browser..your comparison will have to be all about hardware and the Bold blows the tour away in that category
    The BB Bold has WiFi, that does it for me right there.....
    07-01-09 03:07 PM
    The tour will have 4.7.1.XXX... software wise its the BEST native blackberry browser... I hope that maybe CX or Radio will either agree with my assumption that once 5.0 is on both devices, the Browser on the bold will be the exact same "best browser" as is currently on the tour. because hardware wise im glad i went for the bold instead of sticking with vzw.. Hardware on the bold is still better (except the screen resolution and camera ).. But really? i dont care because il get the onyx the day it releases
    07-01-09 03:46 PM
    Using the same OS, the browsers will be the same. However, the Bold's processor and use of Wifi will make it a superior device. Also, if anyone has paid attention to App World, the Bold and Curve 8900 have slightly more applications available to them because they have wifi capabilities. The Bold is and will be the best BB until RIM updates it.
    07-01-09 06:52 PM
    yeah agreed... but im shocked CX or someone has not chimed in.... do they only pay attention to the tour forum these days.?
    07-01-09 10:50 PM
    Well I guess that there's no one to answer eh :/
    07-02-09 12:26 PM
    Haha, just busy man. I'm ALWAYS in the Bold forum. Ok first things first, when you get your 9000 I suggest you upgrade the software to either .237, .247, or .266. You won't be too happy with it the way it comes. Too buggy.

I answered in the other thread as well. Yes when 5.0 is released, the playing field will be level, software wise. As Giant said, the 9000 has better HW than the Tour and will always be quicker.
    Until the 9020's release, the Bold will keep the top spot for BlackBerry's.
    07-02-09 02:02 PM
    lol, the Tour will be running that buggy 4.7 that the Storm uses? No thanks. lmao...ahhh, I love my Bold.
    07-02-09 02:12 PM
    lol, the Tour will be running that buggy 4.7 that the Storm uses? No thanks. lmao...ahhh, I love my Bold.
    Yes the 9630 uses 4.7.1, but it works quite well. No problems like the Storm has/had. All in all, I still prefer the Bold, but the 9630 works just fine.
    07-02-09 02:24 PM
    Haha, just busy man. I'm ALWAYS in the Bold forum. Ok first things first, when you get your 9000 I suggest you upgrade the software to either .237, .247, or .266. You won't be too happy with it the way it comes. Too buggy.

I answered in the other thread as well. Yes when 5.0 is released, the playing field will be level, software wise. As Giant said, the 9000 has better HW than the Tour and will always be quicker.
    Until the 9020's release, the Bold will keep the top spot for BlackBerry's.

oh i know your busy man... which would be the software you would choose if you had a choice, well better yet what is the software version your running? I dont have a problem using an official from another network. I will download it now because my lovely bold will be here tomorrow so il have myself all set up for success.. oh Btw, i use 4.7 Desktop mgr, that shouldnt cause any issues right? or do i need to take it back down to 4.6
    07-02-09 10:08 PM
    i have hear of volume problems on the forums after the upgrade to .266.. and needing to squeeze the bezel or somthing... is this a hardware defect or software? .. dont want to ruien my new baby because of software.. :eeK:
    Last edited by xplode; 07-02-09 at 11:12 PM.
    07-02-09 10:17 PM
    if you need to squeeze the bezel to solve the problem, then it's a hardware issue.
    07-03-09 12:38 AM
    Obviously. But I just wanted to confirm that the software was stable because I downloaded .266 from vodafone uk. So I assume that's the best since its the newest? Or is that .247 slovenian better? I personally trust vodafone more than some small phone company in slovenia... so i guess il go with .266..
    Last edited by xplode; 07-03-09 at 10:04 AM.
    07-03-09 09:22 AM
    The Bold > the Tour. That is just the best BB for CDMA users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:00 AM
    Just to play "The Devil's Advocate" for a minute:

Wouldn't it also matter where you are? I mean the question is assuming that you have a good enough signal right? The Bold is a nice piece of hardware, but if you do not have WiFi in the area and in most places AT&T can be choppier than VZW service wise right?

(I am getting the Tour and need to make myself feel better somehow right? LOL)
    07-03-09 10:07 AM

Wouldn't it also matter where you are? I mean the question is assuming that you have a good enough signal right? The Bold is a nice piece of hardware, but if you do not have WiFi in the area and in most places AT&T can be choppier than VZW service wise right?

That is a valid point man. Where i live service for ATT and VZW are equal... Theres no real difference whatsoever.. So im fortunate that i ran away from VZ and their delayed phone releases!... speaking of delays.. where the heck is fedex with my bold!!
    07-03-09 10:09 AM
    The Bold > the Tour. That is just the best BB for CDMA users.

Personal preferences, I'm enjoying the Tour more than the Onyx. Onyx is more > Bold, than Bold >Tour. With me, I'm not playing this who is superior game. Tour is a great phone, Bold is a great phone, and the Onyx is a great phone. I get tired of watching which is the best carrier and phone every single day. Not saying that's what you're doing.
    07-03-09 10:17 AM

Well yea if Verizon has better coverage where you are, then the Tour is definitely the right choice.

07-03-09 10:17 AM
    oh i know your busy man... which would be the software you would choose if you had a choice, well better yet what is the software version your running? I dont have a problem using an official from another network. I will download it now because my lovely bold will be here tomorrow so il have myself all set up for success.. oh Btw, i use 4.7 Desktop mgr, that shouldnt cause any issues right? or do i need to take it back down to 4.6
    I'm not CX...but having run every updated OS build that's come down the pike since the Bold was released (at least every notable one), I can tell you that you can't go wrong with .266 or .282, as they seem to be the most solid and reliable build versions to be offered so far. However, the only benefit of .282 that I can see, is the ability to toggle between 3G and EDGE...which I actually have never used, personally. Some find that to be a huge deal, some don't. Your choice. So far, there are no downsides to .282, and it's been a good one for me.

Some people have had issues with the BDM 4.7...and it only exists because of the Storm. I have been running 4.6 simply because it has never given me any issues at all. So...if 4.7 works fine for you, no reason to change. If it gives you issues with upgrading...downgrade your BDM to 4.6...
    07-03-09 10:33 AM
    I'm not CX...but having run every updated OS build that's come down the pike since the Bold was released (at least every notable one), I can tell you that you can't go wrong with .266 or .282, as they seem to be the most solid and reliable build versions to be offered so far. However, the only benefit of .282 that I can see, is the ability to toggle between 3G and EDGE...which I actually have never used, personally. Some find that to be a huge deal, some don't. Your choice. So far, there are no downsides to .282, and it's been a good one for me.

Some people have had issues with the BDM 4.7...and it only exists because of the Storm. I have been running 4.6 simply because it has never given me any issues at all. So...if 4.7 works fine for you, no reason to change. If it gives you issues with upgrading...downgrade your BDM to 4.6...
    Thank you man i appreciate your input.. I think il go with the .266 just because personally id trust vodafone as a more reliable source. I could care less about the 2G/3G swap feature as where i am is covered in constant 3G Yeah i figured why use 4.7 for DM when i dont need it.. went back to 4.6 last night
    07-03-09 11:41 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD