A message was posted by Vodafone on their eforum this morning, to the efect that "The Blackberry Bold is due to be released on consumer (personal) price plans on the 4th September."

Up to now they have only been advertising it on their 'Business' pages.
    09-02-08 10:26 AM
    wonder which OS it will ship with?
    09-02-08 10:33 AM
    Great news for Voda customers Let's hope it's not been butchered in any way.
    09-02-08 11:31 AM
    hi this is my first post. i always wanted to join vodafone and with all the complaints about orange im desperately waiting for the BOLD to come out on vodafone. i leave for uni on the 20th. just checked the vodafone website and no update...still only available in the business shop. anyone know why!?
    09-04-08 07:26 AM
    Welcome to CB djboeing!

It might be worth calling Vodafone, as it was one of their official representatives who stated that it would be available on 'personal' tariffs as from today.
    09-04-08 07:37 AM
    We received 50 Bolds this morning from Vodafone, version is 4.6.0.126 so far first impressions are good. Branding isnt in your face either which is nice!

Thanks,
    Mark
    09-04-08 08:55 AM
    Wecome to CB Mark!

Who is 'We' by the way... are you a retail outlet, or a Vodafone shop?
    09-04-08 09:00 AM
    We're a company, not shop or retailer.

We order 50 of these for users here at our company
    09-04-08 09:07 AM
    Finally got confirmation of my Bold upgrade on my consumer account from Voda today. I will get enterprise version of handset which I should have tomorrow. Consumer version was not on stock lists this morning and may be delayed another 24 hrs. Managed to squeeze an enterprise version as my total monthly spend is quite high. Depends who you speak to also. I had to speak to about SEVEN voda employees in the end until Voda price matched Orange's current 2.50GBP BIS/unlimited data for me on a 12mth deal witha free Bold.
    09-04-08 10:16 AM
    We're a company, not shop or retailer.

We order 50 of these for users here at our company

Hi mark, can you please confirm if the phone has any of the issues faced by orange handsets (loss of 3g signal, poor battery life etc).

Cheers!
    09-04-08 10:18 AM
    Hi mark, can you please confirm if the phone has any of the issues faced by orange handsets (loss of 3g signal, poor battery life etc).

Cheers!
    So far all have been pretty stable with no loss of 3G, I will keep an eye and report back over the next 48 hours.
    09-04-08 10:46 AM
    I'm using an unlocked Bold on Vodafone and it works great
    09-04-08 10:48 AM
    Interesting that Vodafone seem to be 'launching' the Bold with .126 which is better than some.

I am sure there are still more than a few OS upgrades still to come though!

It looks as if their 'consumer' release might even happen this week after all, which is good!

Don't think they sell them 'unlocked' though!
    09-04-08 04:15 PM
    So far all have been pretty stable with no loss of 3G, I will keep an eye and report back over the next 48 hours.
    Thanks... that should be interesting, as with 50 in use you should quickly get a good idea of general reliability etc.
    09-04-08 04:17 PM
    Just in case anyone is interested Vodafone's office Press Release statement (for Business Users) can be read here!
    09-04-08 05:03 PM
    i have a bis on vodafone i believe - with a normal consumer sim card. i cant get a 3g connection though - what can i do? im a newbie btw! please help!!!
    09-05-08 09:14 AM
    A couple of silly question first... I assume that you are in an area which has 3G coverage... and is your SIM card as fairly new one, as some very old ones weren't 3G 'enabled?

Apart from that, I am going to leave it to the experts!
    09-05-08 09:40 AM
    yes its fairly new, and the 3g logo appears in the top right, but it wont connect basically. doesnt even consider connecting to it/havent got the option too. they guy in the store said it was never going to work...something to do with different chip to a normal blackberry, just said it wont ever work...is he right???
    09-05-08 09:43 AM
    oh and yes, in a 3g area...
    09-05-08 09:43 AM
    Samgor, a few questions. Has your BIS been activated yet?
    If you had a BB before have you used the switch device / change device settings in desktop manager and on vodafones BIS webpage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 11:43 AM
    So far seems to be working well, particularly like the WiFi which is working well. No bad reports so far from staff!
    09-05-08 12:08 PM
    A couple of silly question first... I assume that you are in an area which has 3G coverage... and is your SIM card as fairly new one, as some very old ones weren't 3G 'enabled?

Apart from that, I am going to leave it to the experts!
    Boy, am I glad I read that post before my Bold arrived!

I rang up Voda and said I thought my SIM must be too old to support 3G and the guy looked at the system and said I was right, he thought mine dated from around 1988 - and if he was exaggerating, it wasn't by too many years!

A new one's in the post and will probably arrive about the same time as the Bold.
    09-05-08 02:42 PM
    Wecome to CB Biggles... glad my post proved to be of some use anyway!

Hope your Bold, and your new SIM card both arrive soon... something to look forward to, and fun times ahead getting it all set up and configured to your liking!
    09-05-08 04:07 PM
    Well it has been a on and off game with Vodafone, but I spoke to me business rep at the company and I am informed that Monday I will be the proud owner of a Bold.

I wanted to know if I should take photos when it arrives and start using it - or if there was no real interest?
    09-05-08 05:59 PM
    Finalley received my enterprise Bold handset on my consumer voda contract yesterday. Very impressed so far although Blackberry maps does not work yet but google maps do.
    09-05-08 09:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD