Hey,

So I uploaded a few episodes of SG-1 onto my Bold and tried running them. First one cuts off after a few secs, so it may be the file itself. The second one works, however it is choppy and there seems to be a lag between the audio and video. These are standard avi files, 348 MB. I assumed that the Bold could handle such videos, but maybe I am wrong. Can anyone elaborate?

Cheers
    09-04-08 01:40 PM
    I also upload a few videos on my bold. After playing a couple of them in a row the device rebooted and it seemed the battery was getting pretty warm. Werid......
    09-04-08 01:56 PM
    The videos in avi format are only supported if the right "codec" is used...DivX and XviD do have support...but just like before, they are NOT 100% compatible

Media Player, Video Support - DivX 4, DivX 5 & 6 are partially supported, XviD is partially supported, H.263, H.264 and WMV3

Videos may often need to be re-encoded to fit the standard format...but most I have in DivX and XviD have all payed fine.
    09-04-08 02:12 PM
    Yeah, after checking that the file was not broken on my PC, I proceeded to use the Media Manager as opposed to simply dragging it in as a storage device. I selected optimal conversion and it converted into mpeg-4. Video didn't have any issues after that..
    09-04-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD