I bought my Bold yesterday - love it, so far - and don't need my old 8310 as backup. From reading Crackberry it seems the trade-up program is legit, but I wanted to hear more anecdotes from people who've used it, especially re whether the "condition" they input on the guestimator was approved/deemed accurate.

The reason I'm curious is that the case of the 8310 is pretty scratched, as I've dropped it several times and it didn't have any sort of protection. The screen itself is not scratched. If it's considered "poor" it's only worth $18 per the guesstimator; if considered "good" it's worth about $100. Anyone care to share how they rated their conditions and the outcomes?

I personally think my phone is somewhere between poor and good based on their descriptions below. The scratches are numerous/noticeable but overall cosmetic effect is relatively minor; there are no broken/cracked/missing things:

"Good Condition:
    Is the product free from technical problems? (i.e., it does not make noise or run slowly, is not missing pieces, does not have excessively worn parts, etc.) Does the body of the product have only minor blemishes? (i.e., smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches).
    If so, choose Good.

Poor Condition:
    The product has no major technical problems; it turns on and is in working condition but has cosmetic defects.
    If so, choose Poor."

Thanks for weighing in!
    05-31-09 06:24 PM
    The trade-up program is sponsored by RIM, it is definitely legit. IF you over-rate your device, the amount will be adjusted when they receive the device.
    05-31-09 06:29 PM
    Where do you read up about this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 06:47 PM
    i'll buy it, pm me a price
    05-31-09 07:57 PM
    Here's where you can read about the program...

The BlackBerry Bold Trade Up Program

trdtrung - I'll shoot you a PM, with pix if I'm able. Thx.
    Last edited by warrigal; 05-31-09 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Edited to fix the link
    05-31-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'll do some night reading tonight.

05-31-09 09:39 PM
    Oh, that's only for AT&T

05-31-09 09:50 PM
    I tried to do that, I have a brand new (only 2 month old) HTC Touch Pro, that wasn't on the site.. I could have gotten a decent amount of money for it too.. any suggestions?
    05-31-09 10:03 PM
    BELL has a similar program too...
    06-01-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD