So my trackball is becoming pretty much useless.

i've done the whole press-down-and-roll and everything... before the ball would get stuck and i'd press down and roll, which was just a temporary solution because the ball would get stuck a few days later. but now, the ball is constantly getting worse and i've had about enough.

to replace the trackball i know you have to take the phone apart and all that. has anyone had it done by certified ppl, like having the people at the AT&T store do it for you? if so, how much did it cost?
    07-20-09 05:25 PM
    Knowone from an At&t corp will cause doing it voids the warranty, agents etc I don't know.
    I've contemplated replacing mine (found pretty clear video on how to on YouTube), I ordered new trackball & tools but will wait till I absolutely have 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 05:59 PM
    I managed to change mine without a problem - it's really quite easy if you are careful and follow the videos. The worse bit was trying to get the metal clip off the old trackball to fit the new one - it's a little harder and you really do need a pointed "thing" to do it with.

Now to get the black bezel and blank bottom plate to really trick it out!

Good luck
    07-20-09 06:03 PM
    it's easy. watch the video and follow what they show. take your time.
    07-20-09 07:00 PM
    thanks I've seen the videos, but the thing is I do not want to do it myself.

what I want to know is if i can take it to any AT&T store and have them replace it for me, and if so then how much will it cost?
    07-20-09 08:03 PM
    Knowone from an At&t corp will cause doing it voids the warranty, agents etc I don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    oh sorry I just read that. Wait, so no one at AT&T will fix it? Because I know when this happened to my Pearl, T-Mobile had it fixed.
    07-20-09 08:04 PM
    to replace the bold's trackball the whole phone has to be taken apart. this voids the warranty. the pearl to my knowledge doesn't need to be taken apart for the trackball to be taken out
    07-20-09 10:54 PM
    So my trackball is becoming pretty much useless.

i've done the whole press-down-and-roll and everything... before the ball would get stuck and i'd press down and roll, which was just a temporary solution because the ball would get stuck a few days later. but now, the ball is constantly getting worse and i've had about enough.

to replace the trackball i know you have to take the phone apart and all that. has anyone had it done by certified ppl, like having the people at the AT&T store do it for you? if so, how much did it cost?
    I had the same issues and got my device replaced. If you're still under warranty I would suggest you get a replacement. AT&T personnel wont repair your device.
    Last edited by JD914; 07-20-09 at 11:01 PM.
    07-20-09 10:58 PM
    thanks I've seen the videos, but the thing is I do not want to do it myself.

what I want to know is if i can take it to any AT&T store and have them replace it for me, and if so then how much will it cost?
    If your unit is still under warranty then it's free all you have to pay is shipping. AT&T stores don't deal with warranty replacements, you have to call customer service for that.
    07-20-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD