07-23-11 09:48 AM
45 12
tools
    Anybody else have an issue. I've only had my bold for a couple days and my trackball just stopped scrolling down. al other directions work. Usually you ca feel the track ball rolling against the rollers but when i try and go down it feels smooth. Any body?
    03-01-09 10:24 PM
    Push the trackball down and roll it around. Sometimes a piece of lint or something finds its way inside. Probably just stuck. Happens to me every now and then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:26 PM
    flip the bold upside down.
    press the trackball in and scroll it around for a while
    this helps to dislodge anything caught
    03-01-09 10:27 PM
    That definitely sounds like a hardware problem. Defective unit perhaps. Try a battery pull and an os restore. If those fail then return

03-01-09 10:28 PM
    Yeah, I used to lose a direction every once in a while on my pearl (albeit after about a year of rugged use). On those things, popping out the trackball was easy. You just take off the ring and pop out the trackball to make sure noting was caught in it or to clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol. I haven't tried to get under the hood of my brand new Bold yet. I'd take it back to the store if you're able, but otherwise I'm in agreement with the folks in this thread; just try to make sure nothing's stuck in there keeping one of the rollers from turning.
    03-01-09 10:45 PM
    flip the bold upside down.
    press the trackball in and scroll it around for a while
    this helps to dislodge anything caught
    This is what I found works best. It doesn't happen to much to me any more though.
    03-01-09 10:48 PM
    REPOST. Always search first. While I'm on here, I found that using rubbing alcohol on a cloth and rubbing it on the pearl all around cleans any crap on the other side of it, seems to free it up nicely.

03-01-09 10:55 PM
    heh mine sometimes gets stuck and doesnt want to scroll up...if it happens again ill try the tricks posted above...
    03-01-09 11:37 PM
    I am an expert almost on this issue by now, I lived with my first bold, second and third bold with that problem, and I think I might have found the resolution. This might sound disgusting but out of all methods tried, only this worked. Trust me, I've tried q-tips with alcohol, canned air, digging, everything..

But only licking the ball worked. Lick it on downwards once then lick it a couple times upwards and for some odd reasons it works.

I was skeptical initially when I saw a post on it.. Until I tried it.

skibuz likes this.
    03-01-09 11:51 PM
    very interesting
    03-04-09 08:17 PM
    wow i bullshi** you not this just worked for me even though it tasted funny but it worked
    03-04-09 08:18 PM
    weird, but it does work:S funny when you actually think about for a second :| lol
    03-05-09 11:51 PM
    My bold was away for two weeks getting repaired because my trackbal stopped rolling to the right.

Never considered licking it...

03-05-09 11:54 PM
    Haha. Sounds like the first time you learn that licking a 9v battery gives you a tingle, lol.

I have not had any problems with my trackball since I put in the black 8900 one, even after about a month of use. With the OEM one, I had issues within the first week!

Chris
    03-05-09 11:56 PM
    very interesting
    ^ in case of emergency Lick Ball?
    03-06-09 02:28 AM
    ^ in case of emergency Lick Ball?
    Yes, that's correct.

Chris
    03-06-09 02:30 AM
    lol it worked

been having this problem sometimes and it gets annoying since it lasts very long... today it lasted the entire day until i found this thread. but instead of licking my track ball i licked my finger and just scrolled up and down, after scrolling it with my dry finger, it worked like a charm again!
    06-06-09 07:50 PM
    but instead of licking my track ball i licked my finger and just scrolled up and down, after scrolling it with my dry finger, it worked like a charm again!
    Holy Crap! This worked! I had some adhesive from a button sticker (gela skin) get on the track ball. I thought it was done for! Now it works perfectly

Thank you to all!!
    06-15-09 10:18 AM
    OMG OMG this is awesome!! wow...totally worked! thank you SO MUCH!!!!!

I am an expert almost on this issue by now, I lived with my first bold, second and third bold with that problem, and I think I might have found the resolution. This might sound disgusting but out of all methods tried, only this worked. Trust me, I've tried q-tips with alcohol, canned air, digging, everything..

But only licking the ball worked. Lick it on downwards once then lick it a couple times upwards and for some odd reasons it works.

I was skeptical initially when I saw a post on it.. Until I tried it.

06-23-09 10:18 PM
    The flicking/finger licking actually works!!!
    08-29-09 08:15 AM
    I'm so going to try this! This has gotta be the most un-tech, unscientific post ever that helps! I love this site!

08-29-09 10:14 AM
    I can't believe I tried that licking idea, but it DID work!

Strangely enough, it tasted like bacon *looking around embarrassed*
    10-07-09 01:18 PM
    This is what I found works best. It doesn't happen to much to me any more though.
    i do that... and when i find which way it stops (aka down usually) i hold the ball down and spin it left and right to toss what ever is stuck... but keeping it upside down and playing with it is still best...
    10-07-09 01:20 PM
    So much bad advice on this thread To the OP if you're under warranty get and exchange and don't waste your time with Q Tips, licking, cleaning ect. If you're past warranty replace it yourself for a few bucks and a little bit of your time.
    10-07-09 01:41 PM
    I've tried licking and stuff before, and it always worked for a while, but recently I just turned my bold upside down on a piece of paper on my desk, pressed down firmly so the ball was pressed in, and then rolled the crap out of it. Been a week now, and it's still working fine. Oh, but make sure it's off when you do this...I did all kinds of funky stuff to my Bold cause I didn't turn it off.
    10-07-09 01:59 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD