Well I have a curve 8900 which is fine but I am gona get a Bold this week
    because its gona be some time I think before any new Rogers Blackberries are coming out at lease Xmas time I think. And well Onyx prolly wont be out for some time.

Bold 3G is key in this case for me and the bigger keys
    and signal strength ...
    07-07-09 04:48 PM

and signal strength ...
    If that's the case then you're making the right decision.
    07-07-09 04:53 PM
    and signal strength ...
    I agree, this is a good decision for you.
    07-07-09 05:06 PM
    The Bold will more than "tide you over", till the release of the Onyx. I had to remind myself what a great phone I already have, and I'm gonna ride out the rest of this year (I'm hearing early 2010 as a realistic release time).
    07-07-09 05:14 PM
    the Bold is a great phone...gotta love he keyboard...
    07-07-09 05:35 PM
    I am gona get it new on a upgrade from rogers ..
    299 - wasn't gona complain since off contract its a lot more lol
    07-07-09 06:07 PM
    I wouldn't even upgrade from the Bold to the Onyx unless you're just dying to spend some money. It's not a gigantic leap or anything.
    07-07-09 06:46 PM
    Its a great phone. So far i haven't had any problems with it except for one (killed my sim card reader on both my bold and pearl by using the device switch wizard....don't know what happened with that one)

Take the dive, you won't regret it
    07-07-09 07:18 PM
    I wouldn't even upgrade from the Bold to the Onyx unless you're just dying to spend some money. It's not a gigantic leap or anything.
    yes it is. the screen and processor are unreal.
    07-07-09 07:23 PM
    yes it is. the screen and processor are unreal.
    480x360 vs 480x320 is unreal? 480x360 isn't even new to BB's.

What % faster does everything run on the Onyx compared to the Bold? Without that information I don't really see how the processor bump from the Bold to the Onyx is "unreal" (which I assume means some kind of massive difference).
    07-07-09 08:27 PM
    well I dont think onyx specs are final yet since its not in production
    but from what I have read there is not a real reason to upgrade

they are going to have to give more to make it worth while
    I think ...
    07-07-09 08:35 PM
    Assuming the phone is going to be significantly superior because of mhz (which isn't even a known at this point) is a huge mistake.
    07-07-09 08:37 PM
    Assuming the phone is going to be significantly superior because of mhz (which isn't even a known at this point) is a huge mistake.
    Exactly...there's no real info on processor speed (there's a lot of "should be faster", "seems faster", "has to be faster"), and with the release date up in the air, and far away, who's to say what it'll be until closer to the release date.

Now, I will probably upgrade, for the 256 mb of memory and just to get rid of that janky battery door. That battery door gives me the blues.
    07-07-09 08:43 PM
    not taking sides because i love my bold but there is always a reason to upgrade to a new device just ask 3 million iphone 3gs users you dont need logic just a will to have the latest and greatest yet for me the onyx will have to be a big step up to replace my baby
    07-07-09 08:48 PM
    I am getting excited to see my new Bold get here !
    heheh , silly but I know how cool Bold really is ..

this is like a motion picture coming home!
    Last edited by vx1; 07-08-09 at 12:07 AM.
    07-07-09 08:52 PM
    weeeeeeeeee

Suprah Stah bold is here UPS just arrived !
    07-08-09 12:34 PM
    The Bold is a fantastic device, I'm in love with mine, especially after getting my BIS drama sorted out today.
    Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to live without my BlackBerry, and after being a short-time 8330 user and using 8900s that my friends have, the Bold is definately the right choice, for me atleast.
    07-08-09 12:36 PM
    weeeeeeeeee

Woo!
    Grats on your purchase man!
    07-08-09 12:37 PM
    the box and the way it was packed was very slick - and really nice.

awesome looking and crispy too!
    07-08-09 01:08 PM
    Black box with BlackBerry on the top?

I love the way the Bold looks, infact, I love the new BlackBerry range for it's looks.
    I'm definately changing my Bezel to Black soon though, just because mine has a few bumps.
    07-08-09 01:30 PM
    I don't know about "great leaps" but the Onyx is slightly smaller in design, allegedly has a faster processor, may have optical trackwheel, and as slight as the screen difference is, it is noticeable.

I'll make the jump to the Onyx simply because i like the size differential...what I will say, however, is I'm going to stay reserved. If the build quality rivals the plastic feel of the curve 8310/20 then I'm stickin with the Bold.

Never say never, the Onyx has to bring something significant to the table, otherwise it wouldn't take RIM so long to put it out there I would assume.
    07-08-09 04:09 PM
    weeeeeeeeee

Oh God..I still remember the day I recieved my Bold.... what a nice sunny day...and to see that crisp screen shimmering at me with all its BOLDY goodness....

Enjoy it and savour it! Its like the smell of the first page of a brand new book....mmm
    07-08-09 04:11 PM
    Congrats on the new phone!

I also, like others, don't see any reason to upgrade to the Onyx... the smaller size is a big enough turn off to me to ruin all the good things about it.
    07-08-09 07:20 PM
    Took this today with my new bold
    07-08-09 08:21 PM
    I Love My Bold.
    07-08-09 10:50 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD