I called Telus because my Pearl had deleted everything that I had stored in it overnight. And then the following day the phone decided to turn itself off while I was on the internet.

Long story short... I asked about when they would be getting new BlackBerry's and the girl that was working there told me that she heard that they will be getting the Bold towards the end of August.
    08-06-08 06:16 PM
    Unlikely.

The Bold in a CDMA version isn't on the horizon and TELUS is a CDMA provider. I spoke with an account rep for Bell (which carries all the same phones TELUS does) and he'd love to have access to the Bold and he told me it's a LONG way off.

Typical TELUS. I ditched them at the Corporate level (former employer) because their CSRs are useless. I got a call yesterday from a TELUS rep just yesterday who was calling me to ask who our TELUS rep was (I'm stuck with TELUS with my new employer). Another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I've had nothing but good rapport from the Bell guy I'm dealing with who is trying to steal the biz from TELUS. Once I figure out where our contracts are, it will probably happen.

What TELUS told you is a load of hooie. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Last edited by celly; 08-06-08 at 07:20 PM.
    08-06-08 06:31 PM
    normally CDMA networks get their versions 8-12 months afterwards
    .. telus = bad
    08-07-08 08:55 AM
    Just look at previous releases...The Curve was officially announced on Telus in April '08. The GSM counterpart was released last summer!! Although RIM has stated that they have accelerated production so that CDMA carriers will see devices released in closer proximity to the GSM counterparts but really, I still wouldn't expect anything sooner than '09...Especially now that the Thunder is confirmed to come to Telus...
    08-07-08 10:45 AM
    as news for the new BB Bold is being overshadowed by the newer announced BBs, i'm putting my bet on a soon release for the Bold in Canada.

as for Bold coming to Telus, i'd say the chances are fairly good. if you look upon their website and their current phones that they're offering, you'll notice a few phones that are on sale. in any business, a sale indicates that they want the current product sold out as soon as possible as there will be a new product that they will be releasing soon. they initiate sales because once new phones come out, the old phones will be disregarded and they'll become dead weight left over not being able to be sold.

on the telus website, you'll notice the latest Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC and Blackberry phones on sale. Samsung phones on sale prepares for the launch of the Samsung Instinct. Motorola phones on sale prepares for the launch of the RAZR2. LG phones on sale prepares for the launch of the LG Keybo. HTC phones are on sale prepares the launch of the HTC Touch Diamond. the only brand who has a phone on sale that hasn't released any information for a launch is Blackberry. having covered all the other brands who have phones on sale, be expecting a new Blackberry phone from Telus very soon.

if you read the marketing insight of Telus, you would've predicted a new Blackberry coming out soon too.
    08-16-08 03:34 PM
    I'm thinking of making a switch from Rogers to Telus, they are offering me an amazing deal including paying my cancelation fee, any experiences on Telus? I had Bell for a while and I will NEVER go back
    08-17-08 02:59 PM
    Telus will get the Thunder long before the Bold.
    08-17-08 03:49 PM
    I'm thinking of making a switch from Rogers to Telus, they are offering me an amazing deal including paying my cancelation fee, any experiences on Telus? I had Bell for a while and I will NEVER go back
    I find it hard to believe they are willing to give you $400 to cancel your contract unless its a multi-line corporate deal..

but just keep in mind to cancel telus its $20 a month for no cap... and they have no return policy (rogers has 15 days) so if you buy a phone and change your mind next day it will cost you around $740 to leave

and bell and telus in ontario are pretty much the same coverage
    08-17-08 06:10 PM
    Call Telus and tell them you are thinking of making a move and they will CREDIT you up to $400 as long as you fax in your bill, the $20 a month cancelation fee is basic for all wireless carriers. Just want to know some feedback on Telus.
    08-18-08 08:34 AM
    Call Telus and tell them you are thinking of making a move and they will CREDIT you up to $400 as long as you fax in your bill, the $20 a month cancelation fee is basic for all wireless carriers. Just want to know some feedback on Telus.
    Actually theres one difference in that rogers/bell/fido/solo all cap theres at $400

where telus has no cap.. as i said if you sign up today and cancel tomorow its $755
    08-18-08 12:15 PM
    wow that's very expensive! Can you not find someone, a friend maybe that can take over the contract for you?
    08-18-08 06:26 PM
    I don't care about the cancelation fee cause if i'm with a good company i won't want to cancel, any thoughts on their service? better question, you think they are better than Rogers? I just can't take how i give them so much money and get treated like crap
    08-18-08 07:31 PM
    I don't care about the cancelation fee cause if i'm with a good company i won't want to cancel, any thoughts on their service? better question, you think they are better than Rogers? I just can't take how i give them so much money and get treated like crap

Depends where you live, Southern Ontario and rogers has a better network... earlier upgrades with rogers.. you can upgrade after 12 months.. and its based on revenue not time, so if you have a decent bill you will get good upgrades, customer service is pretty much the same.. i think they are both good there... phone selection well since rogers is GSM they will probably always have better phones

what is this amazing deal Telus is offering you?
    08-18-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD