I'd like to update my Bold that is on T-Mobile to the latest .282 software ... at the moment it's on the .216 software.

I downloaded the file from the stickied thread and followed two guides to install ... but when I open the Desktop Manager software, it finds the update - I install but it still shows '4.6.0.216 (365)'

I am on T-Mobile in the UK if that is any use ... I don't understand this Vendor.XML file either, I couldn't find anything like that?

Any help appreciated.
    07-06-09 09:52 AM
    Hi.

Easiest way to find the vendor.xml file is to click on start then run on your pc and then type in the file path ( C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader .) Then click ok.

In the box that appears scroll down to find the file highlight and delete.

The OS should now install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Hazysky; 07-06-09 at 10:03 AM.
    07-06-09 10:00 AM
    ...do a search for it. Also, in Windows, you have to 'show all files'. The vendor file is normally hidden.
    07-06-09 10:01 AM
    Or use Crackmem.
    07-06-09 10:06 AM
    You can get CrackMem from HERE
    07-06-09 10:08 AM
    Hi.

Easiest way to find the vendor.xml file is to click on start then run on your pc and then type in the file path ( C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader .) Then click ok.

In the box that appears scroll down to find the file highlight and delete.

The OS should now install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    that's the easiest way but make sure you deleted vendor.xml file first.

im using blackberry bold on tmobile USA and its on .282
    07-06-09 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the replies folks, I will give this a shot.

Just a quick confirmation, the OS I downloaded shows as .282 for East Asia - is that OK to run on my Bold in the UK?

Ta
    07-06-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD