My Bold has suddenly taken it into it's head to start deleting received emails. I have not changed any settings and have a lot of clear memory. The keep emails function is set for 2 months, so it is not that. Anyone any ideas please?
    05-26-09 08:00 AM
    If memory gets low, it will delete messages first.
    05-26-09 08:03 AM
    Yup. Do a battery pull to reset the device every few days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:12 AM
    No, that hasn't worked. I pulled the battery yesterday as suggested. I have also cleared everything out of the memory, photos, sound files etc. This morning, it has automatically deleted all emails received since last night. Any other suggestions?
    05-27-09 04:03 AM
    wow thats odd. whats your free memory look like? sms and bbm's are ok?
    05-27-09 04:30 AM
    What service is the email provider and how do you have your reconciliation set? Are the emails still in your inbox when you check the account from a computer?

If the phone is removing emails from your email inbox and then the mailbox wins when things don't match, I could see it erroneously removing the emails not in your inbox to make them match, or if it removes things erroneously because they've been marked read you'd have a different problem to troubleshoot.

Neither explanation is intended behavior, but knowing what happens and in what order might help you pinpoint the problem.
    05-27-09 05:13 AM
    Check your free memory. Menu - Options - Status - File Free.
    05-27-09 06:41 AM
    Also check the option of how many days to keep the messages on your device before removing. I have mine set never remove the messages from device.

Open your message box
    press BB Key
    Options
    General Options
    Go to the bottom of the list and Click on Keep Messages and change that accordingly.

I hope this is what you are looking for.
    05-27-09 09:02 AM
    A physical battery pull is not needed. Use alt, shift, delete, or free app QuickPull
    05-31-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD