guys I am baffed on which phone to get, the newly announced 9720 or the 9900? On the 9900 forums I see alot of people posting problems with the phone and also one person i know has told me he has problems with the phone, but I have never witnessed this as I dnt have the phone. Can a bold 9900 owner please tell me honestly, does the phone have many problems and bugs that makes the phone annoying? and does it work properly and smoothly as I've seen from youtube videos? which are 1 or more years old, cannot find recent ones so i dnt really know how the performance is in 2013. I really like the look of the bold 9900 and feel of it and would love to get one, but if these problems are real and consistent for most 9900 owners then I'd have no choice but to get the 9720. please help me out here!

thanks
    08-19-13 05:45 PM
    guys I am baffed on which phone to get, the newly announced 9720 or the 9900? On the 9900 forums I see alot of people posting problems with the phone and also one person i know has told me he has problems with the phone, but I have never witnessed this as I dnt have the phone. Can a bold 9900 owner please tell me honestly, does the phone have many problems and bugs that makes the phone annoying? and does it work properly and smoothly as I've seen from youtube videos? which are 1 or more years old, cannot find recent ones so i dnt really know how the performance is in 2013. I really like the look of the bold 9900 and feel of it and would love to get one, but if these problems are real and consistent for most 9900 owners then I'd have no choice but to get the 9720. please help me out here!

thanks
    It's really difficult to compare the quality or reliability of the 9720 vs. the 9900 because the 9720 just came out so no one really knows if it will have any problems. I have used many Androids, iPhones and BlackBerrys and I can tell you that my 9930 is among the most reliable, tough and problem free phones I've ever had. I would go with a 9900 since it has been out for a while and most of the bugs have been worked out of it.
    08-19-13 06:04 PM
    It's really difficult to compare the quality or reliability of the 9720 vs. the 9900 because the 9720 just came out so no one really knows if it will have any problems. I have used many Androids, iPhones and BlackBerrys and I can tell you that my 9930 is among the most reliable, tough and problem free phones I've ever had. I would go with a 9900 since it has been out for a while and most of the bugs have been worked out of it.
    So how comes there are many posts complaining about this and that about the device? I really wanna figure this out as Some posts i read are so wonderful about the device and how perfect it is, and I truly believe those ppl which also makes my mind up, but then i read the other posts about many problems, which outweigh the positive posts......so what am i supposed to think and do dude!???
    08-19-13 06:13 PM
    I really can't figure out why so many people have a problem with the device either. I don't think I'm just a lucky guy. I have had 3 of them and have had one issue, which was wifi was not reliable but it was because of my home wifi router. Not the phones problem. When I fixed the router, my wifi problem went away.

I think there are many problems with every device if you go looking for them. If you concentrate on finding the positive side of the 9900, you will find many positives too. Every phone will have it's horror stories. Also, the longer the phone has been out, the less positives people will post about the phone. Only problems and complaints will make people post.
    08-19-13 06:38 PM
    I really can't figure out why so many people have a problem with the device either. I don't think I'm just a lucky guy. I have had 3 of them and have had one issue, which was wifi was not reliable but it was because of my home wifi router. Not the phones problem. When I fixed the router, my wifi problem went away.

I think there are many problems with every device if you go looking for them. If you concentrate on finding the positive side of the 9900, you will find many positives too. Every phone will have it's horror stories. Also, the longer the phone has been out, the less positives people will post about the phone. Only problems and complaints will make people post.
    I guess I'm gna get the 9900, Imma wait till the 9720 is out and on display in the shops, test em out and see if i prefer it over the 9900, most likey that wnt happen but other than that 9900 all the way!
    08-19-13 07:11 PM
    Ice Cold :

The 9720 is less expensive than the 9900.
    Also comes with a bigger battery.
    So , newer device , more power - less cost.

The advantage is on the 9720 , I think.
    08-19-13 07:15 PM
    Ice Cold :

The 9720 is less expensive than the 9900.
    Also comes with a bigger battery.
    So , newer device , more power - less cost.

The advantage is on the 9720 , I think.
    How comes u say it has more power? And the battery really doesnt bother me aslong as it lasts a day which I know the 9900 will as I am barely a moderate user, and right now the 9720 is at 180, I coulda get a new bold 9900 for lets say 210 so that extra 30 quid I could get, so which one do you still recomend???

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:58 AM
    More power - I meant it should last longer because of battery.

Go to a shop and do a comparison of the 2.
    This is the only way.
    08-20-13 08:14 AM
    As much as I love my z10, the best phone I ever had was the 9930 and if it didn't get run over I would have never upgraded

Posted Via CB10 on a Verizon BlackBerry Z10
    howards likes this.
    08-20-13 09:11 AM
    I also agree with @Lee Eshelman about his statement. My Dad got the Q10 and had tough time using it. I also had a very hard time using it as well.

There is a lot of missing things that I could not handle like the fact why is there no Native Podcast App instead I have to get it through Nobex or other 3rd Party App. Another frustrating thing is when you using a App like GPS or watching a video it locks up after a period of time. I am trying to get somewhere using GPS but then it locks up. I have to put the password to bring back.

Also my Dad uses Vyke for International Calls but no app for it plus there is some app gap between the old BlackBerry and the new.

I myself Decided to move on to Windows Phone with a Lumia 925 and gave my Bold 9900 to my Dad who now enjoys it. BlackBerry just needs to add these little things from the old Bold to the new BB10 System.
    08-20-13 09:38 AM
    More power - I meant it should last longer because of battery.

Go to a shop and do a comparison of the 2.
    This is the only way.
    Yeah I will do when the 9720 comes out in the shops, I think right now the 9900 is my main choice, but we'll see what happens later. Thanks for your advice though!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:18 AM
    Can a bold 9900 owner please tell me honestly, does the phone have many problems and bugs that makes the phone annoying?
    I have had my Bold 9930 for a few years now. I have had ZERO, NONE, 000000 issues with my device. No bugs, no random reboots, no spinning clocks, nothing bad to complain about this device. It is rock solid!!! OS 7.1 Bundle 2123 (7.1.0.755).
    revtech likes this.
    08-20-13 10:43 AM
    The bold has always been my favorite Blackberry but I imagine that will change once Sprint releases the Q10. I don't necessarily think they're making "toys" but I do think they're implementing software in an attempt to appeal to other demographics. The more things change the more they stay the same though. We still have a lack of apps which I'm not too concerned about but I think 10 makes up for it with the new UI and HUB. I'm excited.
    08-20-13 10:50 AM
    Love these physical keys.. I will buy the Q10 one day, I think.

But I have the idea that in fact bb10 works better on an all-touch device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    --------

I think you are right. In July, I upgraded my 9930 to a Q10, sight unseen. It had a loose (semi-defective) space bar, but couldn't exchange it right away - I was traveling on business for a week and used the Q10 constantly -- enough to realize that BB10 was designed for an all-touch device (in my opinion). ***Key point (pun intended) - the Q10's keyboard holds it back - there *are* productivity-based gestures in the swipe interface that work better on an all touch device. Also, just tap the search icon on the main screen, and then you can instantly email someone, bbm, tweet, etc on the Z10, just like you can on the Q10).

When I got home, I exchanged the Q10 for a Z10, and haven't looked back (and saved money at the same time).

BB10 works, in my opinion, so much smoother on the Z10 - much easier to swipe from the bottom (thanks to the full size bottom bezel) and check on my 4 email accounts. The 9930 email functionality is really the same - the "Hub" view is really a renamed version of the "Desktop" mail icon/view on the 9930. The other email accounts are just listed under the Hub menu instead of as icons next to the Desktop. On the 9930, I had one of my email accounts, texts, BBM's, and notifications show up in the Desktop view. On the Z10, I have it set up the exact same way and it works great.

The virtual keyboard on the Z10 is a leap of faith, but it works well. I miss the 100% accuracy that I had on the 9930, but I am getting very close to 100% accuracy after a month with the virtual keyboard, and I am typing just about as fast as I used to on the 9930 (I'm shocked, it's true).

Am I still nostalgic over the 9930? Sure. However, the Z10 (running the latest official 10.1 release or newer) is my phone of choice, and I am happy about it. The slight email productivity decrease is offset by other productivity increases, thanks to the screen real estate (which allows me to get real work done on my work intranet), and simultaneous voice and 4G data on Verizon lets me get work done and see content during lulls in conference calls (something the iPhone 5 can't match, BTW).
    08-20-13 11:15 AM
    I have had my Bold 9930 for a few years now. I have had ZERO, NONE, 000000 issues with my device. No bugs, no random reboots, no spinning clocks, nothing bad to complain about this device. It is rock solid!!! OS 7.1 Bundle 2123 (7.1.0.755).
    I am highly considering this phone to be my ultimate phone for maybe the next 2 years, will it hack it?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:39 PM
    you must not like change huh? I owned a bold for 2 yrs and yes it is a great great phone but I luv my Z10 there is no phone that I think comes close to it. but that's just my opinion and you're entitled to yours as well.
    IMO, change just for the sake of change is stupid. If you have something, it works well, and you like it - why change?
    08-20-13 02:35 PM
    I am highly considering this phone to be my ultimate phone for maybe the next 2 years, will it hack it?

Posted via CB10
    Will it last for 2 years? Sure, if you take care of it. Will support be around for 2 years? That is a whole different question.

IMO, change just for the sake of change is stupid. If you have something, it works well, and you like it - why change?
    Exactly. We live in a world where folks must have the latest and greatest immediately. If something works and works well, why change for the sake of change? I like how folks will say "the hardware is better" or "the OS is more up to date" or anything else. Folks are so quick to dump the old to get the new just because it is new. It's no wonder so many folks are broke. Spend money so needlessly at times.
    NephrenKa667 likes this.
    08-20-13 03:30 PM
    9720 new device on OS 7 , not BB10.
    D'oh!
    08-20-13 04:53 PM
    D'oh!
    Thanks for your input ...
    08-20-13 06:54 PM
    I agree with you that the Bold 9900 is a solid device. If you feel this way, then you should definitely buy another one. Having said that, there are a lot of features of BB10 that are a lot better than BB7: boot time, Remember apps, better browser, Story Maker, better camera with auto focus, etc. In any case, enjoy your 9900.
    08-20-13 07:00 PM
    I switched back after the z10 (mediocre phone at best) & the Q10. Since there aren't too many apps on bb10 anyway, i might as well use my Bold 9930.
    08-20-13 07:31 PM
    I agree with you that the Bold 9900 is a solid device. If you feel this way, then you should definitely buy another one. Having said that, there are a lot of features of BB10 that are a lot better than BB7: boot time, Remember apps, better browser, Story Maker, better camera with auto focus, etc. In any case, enjoy your 9900.
    browser isn't that great compared to iOS/droid. For many of us who have an iphone or droid as our personal phone and a BB as a work phone, i see no reason to get a Q10. 9930 is a better choice IMHO
    08-20-13 07:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't give in to his BlackBerry fandom placebo.

The 9900 is a great phone, but it has its needs, one too many, worse than a woman.

Stop living in the stone age. If you want a phone that matches up to the 9900 functionality either jailbreak an iPhone 5, customize an android device or simply stay on the BB train and go BB10.

/thread.

douevenCB10?
    08-21-13 04:48 AM

The 9900 is a great phone, but it has its needs, one too many, worse than a woman.

Stop living in the stone age. If you want a phone that matches up to the 9900 functionality either jailbreak an iPhone 5, customize an android device or simply stay on the BB train and go BB10.

/thread.

douevenCB10?
    Dude I already have a Q10, I am selling it for personal reasons which have NOTHING to do with the phone, also I've had android devices already(nexus 4, Gnex, S3 etc) good but fussy and counterproductive just as the iphone's. I want a OS 7 device becuase its just simple. I want simple now, done with too much dependancy on touchscreen, done with apps, I dnt even use apps and dnt need em, all I use its whatsapp and bbm when bbm goes global. I dnt wanna be on my phone all the time, doing this and that nonsense, I only wna be on my phone either communicating or quickly checking something on the browser other than that I dnt wna be on the phone, a legacy device will provide me this! I'm done with cosumerism, being addicted or always wanting to buy the latest or newest phone, pis*es me off, the new features wnt even be used or what not and spending money like that aint good for no one, and what will it teach the younger generation, these foolish morals. So yeah I jus wna not spend too much and get a solid phone for the next 2 years! So I'm either going for the 9720 or the 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by Ice_Cold_Q; 08-21-13 at 06:25 AM.
    08-21-13 06:14 AM

/thread.

douevenCB10?
    Don't leave us hanging.............So what are the "needs" that the 9900 has that you are so sure that Ice Cold Q can't live without?
    08-21-13 10:22 AM
99 1234