hi sorry if this has been brought up before...

whenever i have to do a battery pull my bold is taking at least 4 minutes to load i get the white screen with a square clock face in the middle and it seems to take forever is this normal??

ive also started noticing the clock come up a lot whilst on the menu screen and again loads for over a couple of minutes ??

is this normal

thanks
    05-26-09 12:27 PM
    hi sorry if this has been brought up before...

whenever i have to do a battery pull my bold is taking at least 4 minutes to load i get the white screen with a square clock face in the middle and it seems to take forever is this normal??

ive also started noticing the clock come up a lot whilst on the menu screen and again loads for over a couple of minutes ??

is this normal

thanks
    The startup time sounds about right, however the second part does not sound so good. Something is using resources. Be sure to close all apps using Exit or Close form their menus. Try a battery pull to reset the phone and see if that helps.
    05-26-09 12:31 PM
    do you have a media card inserted? i know when mine restarts, its very sluggish intitally while the media card is scanned.
    05-26-09 12:48 PM
    Version 5 of the operating system will show a progress bar on start-up. This will be a welcome addition, so you'll know how far you are away from being active.
    05-26-09 01:54 PM
    Version 5 of the operating system will show a progress bar on start-up. This will be a welcome addition, so you'll know how far you are away from being active.
    That is nice.
    05-26-09 01:59 PM
    Make sure "Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning" is set to "Disabled"
    05-26-09 02:07 PM
    Also make sure you are closing your APPS correctly
    05-26-09 02:10 PM
    Make sure "Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning" is set to "Disabled"
    What does "memory cleaning" do other than slow a re-boot?
    05-26-09 02:53 PM
    That's normal .. but on 5.0 beta .. it was FAST ! we'll just have to wait for 5.0
    05-26-09 03:59 PM
    What does "memory cleaning" do other than slow a re-boot?
    Purges:

Certificate Search
    Certificate Search Manager
    Clipboard
    Contacts Cache
    Content Protection Cache
    Encrypted Messages
    Key Store
    PHP Key Search
    05-26-09 04:52 PM
    Mine takes just under 2 minutes to reboot and another 2 - 2.5 minutes to scan my memory card. I agree with bt. The four minutes is within the normal range but if you're lagging other than that, check to make sure that you're closing apps properly, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:41 PM
    Wow mine only takes about 1 minute to boot up and I have about 10 application installed and music and pictures on an 8Gb media card
    05-26-09 08:20 PM
    Wow mine only takes about 1 minute to boot up and I have about 10 application installed and music and pictures on an 8Gb media card
    From a battery pull?
    05-26-09 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the input people I must admit I don't shut down my apps after exit so that would explain a lot.
    05-27-09 03:15 AM
    Is there any real advantage to having the Bold do a regular "memory cleanse"?

Purges:

Certificate Search
    Certificate Search Manager
    Clipboard
    Contacts Cache
    Content Protection Cache
    Encrypted Messages
    Key Store
    PHP Key Search
    06-02-09 08:21 AM
    From a battery pull?
    Well I use quickpull but it's the same thing isn't it
    06-02-09 09:07 AM
    Well I use quickpull but it's the same thing isn't it
    Not really, but close enough.
    06-02-09 09:09 AM
    Is there any real advantage to having the Bold do a regular "memory cleanse"?
    it cleans all that stuff as a security measure not to enhance performance...
    06-02-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD