Hi all,
    I currently have an 8330 Curve on Sprint's network. A friend of mine is going from the Bold to the iPhone and has offered to sell me his Bold.I am interested b/c of the wi-fi.Will the Bold work on Sprint? I compared the two phones on Blackberry's comparison site. The Bold is GSM and the Curve is CDMA. Does that mean the Bold will not work on Sprint's network?
    He is in the process of getting the Bold unlocked. He said it would take about a week through AT&T.

Any help would be appreciated.
    06-26-09 12:40 PM
    The Bold will not work on Sprint...
    06-26-09 12:44 PM
    The Bold will not work on Sprint...
    Is Sprint only compatible with a CDMA phone?
    If so are there any CDMA Blackberryies with wifi?
    06-26-09 12:47 PM
    Yes, Sprint is CDMA only.

No, there are no CDMA BlackBerries with WiFi.
    06-26-09 12:53 PM
    Is Sprint only compatible with a CDMA phone?
    If so are there any CDMA Blackberryies with wifi?
    No, but will be in the future. Sprint and Verizon are already working on this.
    06-26-09 12:55 PM
    Yes, Sprint is CDMA only.

No, there are no CDMA BlackBerries with WiFi.
    Thanks for your help. I guess I'll have to tough it out until I can change carriers.
    06-26-09 12:56 PM
    Well, the Tour is going to be a VERY nice phone. And if you compare the specs on Blackberry's site, you'll see that the Tour is a better phone. The only thing is there is a few more things the Bold has in the audio department, that the Tour dosent, sorry not to be techincal/exact.

But all in all, the screen is better and the size (some are saying) is even better. Somewhere between a curve and the bold.

Hope that helps.

WCM
    06-26-09 01:11 PM
    You can use the Bold with wifi and on a prepaid plan through GoPhone, like having a ghost line, but without a contract, or a BlackBerry Data plan.

But other than that, the phone will be useless unless you have an att account, which, Bold is still better than the Tour, as the Tour replacing your Curve. Man Sprint is so behind on technology, and all we get Is that cheap crap, the Pre. I'm glad I switched, I'm buying every high tech att BlackBerry for the **** of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 01:41 PM
    Again, go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and compare the Tour to the Bold. Better screen and more memory. The Tour is a better phone. See for yourselves if you don't believe me.

WCM
    06-26-09 01:47 PM
    You can use the Bold with wifi and on a prepaid plan through GoPhone, like having a ghost line, but without a contract, or a BlackBerry Data plan.

But other than that, the phone will be useless unless you have an att account, which, Bold is still better than the Tour, as the Tour replacing your Curve. Man Sprint is so behind on technology, and all we get Is that cheap crap, the Pre. I'm glad I switched, I'm buying every high tech att BlackBerry for the **** of it.

The cheap crap that's 1.0 and have both AT&T and Verizon wanting it? Sprint isn't behind on technology, they are behind BB's. Unless you're referring to something pertaining with the limitations of CDMA. Their are a few BB's that's already in the works. Will they come out by the 4Q 09 is the question.
    06-26-09 01:50 PM
    People ask this stupid question over and over and...over. You have no business using these phones if you're not smart enough to do the research first.

Hi all,
    I currently have an 8330 Curve on Sprint's network. A friend of mine is going from the Bold to the iPhone and has offered to sell me his Bold.I am interested b/c of the wi-fi.Will the Bold work on Sprint? I compared the two phones on Blackberry's comparison site. The Bold is GSM and the Curve is CDMA. Does that mean the Bold will not work on Sprint's network?
    He is in the process of getting the Bold unlocked. He said it would take about a week through AT&T.

Any help would be appreciated.
    06-26-09 01:53 PM

The cheap crap that's 1.0 and have both AT&T and Verizon wanting it? Sprint isn't behind on technology, they are behind BB's. Unless you're referring to something pertaining with the limitations of CDMA. Their are a few BB's that's already in the works. Will they come out by the 4Q 09 is the question.
    Sprint is behind on tons of stuff. They have the most undesirable phones every year, no wonder why they have lost millions of customers each month! They are laughable, even with the Pre.

Seriously...

That's Sprint's real BlackBerry. Go figure.

As far as Sprint's BlackBerry line up...the Tour will be the only CDMA BlackBerry Sprint will have for a while, not even being thier "flagship" phone.
    06-26-09 02:32 PM
    Sprint is behind on tons of stuff. They have the most undesirable phones every year, no wonder why they have lost millions of customers each month! They are laughable, even with the Pre.

Seriously...

That's Sprint's real BlackBerry. Go figure.

As far as Sprint's BlackBerry line up...the Tour will be the only CDMA BlackBerry Sprint will have for a while, not even being thier "flagship" phone.

I'll be the mature one and let you think your claims are correct. I'm not risking anything to prove you wrong, so I will just tell you the Tour will not be the only BlackBerry for a while. When LTE/WiMax takes place, you're going to create a new argument too? You have a head start now. I also have AT&T, but I would never sit here and bash Sprint nor another company. It's not that serious to me. People tend to forget the position Sprint was in before the Nextel merger.
    06-26-09 02:49 PM
    The only apology from me: Sorry for derailing this thread.

06-26-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD