So-for the last two or three weeks my bold has been shutting off completely by itself. And by "off" i mean truly off-won't turn on with any buttons but will restart only when i perform a battery pull. and then it works perfectly fine until it happens again. it doesnt happen at any particular time or when i am using a particular program or combination of programs and i havent installed any new programs coinciding with the onset of this problems. not a huge deal at the momemnt but i wonder if it portends future badness for my bold. any thoughts? thx
    08-17-09 08:31 AM
    Sounds like a battery issue. Do you have another battery you can use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PooThrowingMonkey; 08-17-09 at 08:40 AM.
    08-17-09 08:34 AM
    Check the liquid damage indicators, make sure no water got in there, or that heat didnt destroy the battery.
    08-17-09 08:38 AM
    Try getting another battery.
    08-17-09 10:00 AM
    A few people have issues with a loose battery so every time it shifts, the phone reboots.
    Your device may have that problem, if you owned it less than 30 days, return it to AT&T.
    More than 30 days, you can get it replaces via the RIM 1 year warranty.
    Don't forget to do a back up first.
    08-17-09 10:20 AM
    I would exchange it via the one year warranty program now, or a new one if your Bold is less than 30 days old.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 10:24 AM
    So-for the last two or three weeks my bold has been shutting off completely by itself. And by "off" i mean truly off-won't turn on with any buttons but will restart only when i perform a battery pull. and then it works perfectly fine until it happens again. it doesnt happen at any particular time or when i am using a particular program or combination of programs and i havent installed any new programs coinciding with the onset of this problems. not a huge deal at the momemnt but i wonder if it portends future badness for my bold. any thoughts? thx
    Try taking the back off, and see if any of the small allen wrench bolts at the four rounded 'corners' of the phone seem loose at all by pinching the phone together. I'm not sure the size, but get the right tiny allen wrench that fits the four little bolts at the corners and tighten them a little bit. (I didn't have a tiny allen wrench set handy, & I was able to tighten them with the prong of a salad fork.) You probably don't want to tighten them too much. This worked to fix my bbbold while I was having the described problem.
    09-14-09 12:59 AM
    *I did try the other suggested ides like rebooting (pulling the battery & waiting 30 secs or-so), That didn't work. Also be careful not to strip the bolts if you try to tighten them with a fork; but it did work.
    09-14-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD