My Bold has been doing this since yesterday, along with crappy reception. Could it be T-Mobile? Anywho, I'm on JiveTalk right now and my IMs aren't going through. The phone shows a full 5 bars (which is strange because it's impossible to get full signal in my office) yet there's no connectivity period. It's a fake 5 bars. There's no edge or EDGE showing, so I know there's no connectivity.

It was doing this last night too. Right now it's going between the fake 5-bars to SOS, and back and forth. Sigh.
    07-22-09 12:36 PM
    same thing was happening to a lot of us here in Hawaii. i finally got my Bold up and running about 10pm last night.
    07-22-09 03:13 PM
    It might be tmobile because I have ATT and get full bars on 3G at my office in Newport Beach.
    07-22-09 03:29 PM
    Interesting. Yeah signal is really inconsistent lately!
    07-22-09 03:42 PM
    have you changed the settings in the "special" screen to be 2G and 3G, or is you Bold all default? If so then you dont have a 3G signal, if a 3g, then its looking, if 3G with no BB logo, then you have a 3G signal, but no connection to the BB servers, 3G with the BB logo means your fully connected
    07-22-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD