"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
    expecting different results. "
    you keep getting Bolds with .162 installed and they will keep giving you java exception errors..thats a fact of life
    i have a rogers Bold that came with .162...java exception errors with no apps installed out of the box....2 days later i was on .190 and it has never happened since
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-01-09 at 07:38 AM.
    05-01-09 07:34 AM
    "forever29" and "digitalboy", I've been meaning to upgrade it but I've been having some minor problems with my PC. I'll upgrade it this weekend or maybe try tonight. I'm in no hurry to get the refurb now since I got the UPS driver in trouble. LOL
    05-01-09 11:11 AM
    Damn that sucks Wireless...i hope they get one to you asap. So far no reboots with this new one and like i said earlier the build quality on the new Bold i have is very good...no creaks unlike my other Bold which is looking a bit tired...thinking about conveniently losing it then claiming it back on insurance lol....would cost me �30 in excess tho.

As everyone else has said Wireless...upgrade to the latest 266 now i think...i did mine last night and its pretty good...altho i havent noticed much of a difference between 247 and 266...i still have an awful memory leak and thats due to weathereye app...but it does give me a bit more startup memory.

Havent really set up my other Bold as im sending it in for unlocking...will be using it as a backup phone or i might sell it.

Anyways hope it all works out for you Wireless...get back on BBM will ya...i need a fellow canadian to pester now and again .

I'm gonna wait abit before I call for another replacement. Ever since I deleted all the apps, my Bold hasn't shut off yet. Plus I got the UPS driver in trouble and he probably delivers to my area all the time. So I don't want to get one now because he'll probably throw it around. LOL

I'll do that update maybe tonight if my PC doesn't blow up first. hehe

I think you should keep your other Bold as a backup just incase something happens to your current Bold. Just a suggestion.

It still shows that you're on my BBM. Do you not see me on yours?
    No problem. I can pester you anytime.
    05-01-09 11:22 AM
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
    expecting different results. "
    you keep getting Bolds with .162 installed and they will keep giving you java exception errors..thats a fact of life
    i have a rogers Bold that came with .162...java exception errors with no apps installed out of the box....2 days later i was on .190 and it has never happened since

I don't appreciate you calling me insane just because I haven't updated to a newer OS. Maybe you were getting the uncaught exception errors when you first got the Rogers Bold. But this was the first time in 5 months of owning my Bold that I got the error and that was after I downloaded BBAlerts.

Do not insult me again. It's uncalled for.
    05-01-09 11:24 AM
    I don't appreciate you calling me insane just because I haven't updated to a newer OS. Maybe you were getting the uncaught exception errors when you first got the Rogers Bold. But this was the first time in 5 months of owning my Bold that I got the error and that was after I downloaded BBAlerts.

Do not insult me again. It's uncalled for.
    that's a well known quote and a pretty good indication of your approach to the problem you are having..various people have told you from the jump to ugrade your OS but you for whatever reason insisted on keeping .162 and expecting the problem to magically go away
    if i was going to call you insane trust me it wouldn't be in the middle of a quote..
    if you choose to view it as an insult then so be it thats your choice
    i will make sure i make a note to myself not to "insult" you again [sarcasm off]
    05-01-09 11:46 AM
    I'm gonna wait abit before I call for another replacement. Ever since I deleted all the apps, my Bold hasn't shut off yet. Plus I got the UPS driver in trouble and he probably delivers to my area all the time. So I don't want to get one now because he'll probably throw it around. LOL

I think you should keep your other Bold as a backup just incase something happens to your current Bold. Just a suggestion.

It still shows that you're on my BBM. Do you not see me on yours?
    No problem. I can pester you anytime.

LOL got the UPS driver in trouble eh?? lol...good one, those drivers can be a right pain in the backside...the amount of times ive been at home and they said they delivered when they havent...ridiculous.

Yeh have decided to keep the other Bold...use it as a backup and test device...plus i have this funny feeling that something will go wrong with the Bold i have now...dunno why but just a feeling lol...hopefully fingers crossed it wont...altho im sorely tempted to lose it and get another on insurance as the new Bold i have is quite nice and is built much better than the one i have at the mo...plus the trackball is WHITE!!!!!...dont think ive ever seen a trackball as white as that lol

I did have u on mine but i sent u a message but it never got to u...it had a red x next to ur name...so i deleted you...sorry about that but i knew u were having problems so thought id wait till u got it sorted out ie the problems you were having with your Bold.

And sure feel free to pester me anytime u like...i dont mind
    05-01-09 11:46 AM
    LOL got the UPS driver in trouble eh?? lol...good one, those drivers can be a right pain in the backside...the amount of times ive been at home and they said they delivered when they havent...ridiculous.

Yeh have decided to keep the other Bold...use it as a backup and test device...plus i have this funny feeling that something will go wrong with the Bold i have now...dunno why but just a feeling lol...hopefully fingers crossed it wont...altho im sorely tempted to lose it and get another on insurance as the new Bold i have is quite nice and is built much better than the one i have at the mo...plus the trackball is WHITE!!!!!...dont think ive ever seen a trackball as white as that lol

I did have u on mine but i sent u a message but it never got to u...it had a red x next to ur name...so i deleted you...sorry about that but i knew u were having problems so thought id wait till u got it sorted out ie the problems you were having with your Bold.

And sure feel free to pester me anytime u like...i dont mind

Yea apparently the UPS driver doesn't know how to read addresses, especially Postal Codes!!!!!!!!! UPS wouldn't do anything that day to fix their mistake so it was sent back to Rogers. Maybe it was a sign that I wasn't meant to have that device, I don't know.

Yea, you made the right decision to keep the other Bold. You just never know what could happen right? I think everyone should have a backup phone incase something happens to your main phone. Oooh, a WHITE ball!! Mine is not that dirty, but I do recall the first refurb I got the ball is very white. Unfortunately that white ball wasn't responding too well. LOL

PM me your PIN. I may not have the right you since you got a new replacement Bold.

I have no problems pestering you. Just remember, you asked for it.
    05-01-09 12:44 PM
    Yea apparently the UPS driver doesn't know how to read addresses, especially Postal Codes!!!!!!!!! UPS wouldn't do anything that day to fix their mistake so it was sent back to Rogers. Maybe it was a sign that I wasn't meant to have that device, I don't know.

Yea, you made the right decision to keep the other Bold. You just never know what could happen right? I think everyone should have a backup phone incase something happens to your main phone. Oooh, a WHITE ball!! Mine is not that dirty, but I do recall the first refurb I got the ball is very white. Unfortunately that white ball wasn't responding too well. LOL

PM me your PIN. I may not have the right you since you got a new replacement Bold.

I was crapping bricks for the last 2 days thinking that I had lost my backup Bold. I'm supposed to trade it with a friend of mine for his 8900 but it's been on hold due to his damn wife feeling bad that she doesn't have a new BB blah blah blah. But yeah, apparently I hid the phone at home so well that even I couldn't remember where I'd left it. Luckily last night I found out after doing some snooping around my house. That was a close call.
    05-01-09 12:50 PM

Apparently so but the ones here are just lazy lol.

Well the Bold i have its trackball is kinda white but more of a brown colour now...been like that since i bought it from a guy off here...guess hes got dirty fingers ...ive tried cleaning it with white spirit but that didnt do much plus its not that big a deal to be honest.

Ill PM you in a bit wireless...my pin is still the same..but ill give u my new pin as well..well when i get the BIS sorted out..thinking of getting a cheap line and putting a BIS on it.

As for pestering?? lol...bring it!!!
    05-01-09 12:52 PM
    I was crapping bricks for the last 2 days thinking that I had lost my backup Bold. I'm supposed to trade it with a friend of mine for his 8900 but it's been on hold due to his damn wife feeling bad that she doesn't have a new BB blah blah blah. But yeah, apparently I hid the phone at home so well that even I couldn't remember where I'd left it. Luckily last night I found out after doing some snooping around my house. That was a close call.

Crapping bricks eh? That must've hurt! LOL. But seriously, I'm glad you found your Bold. I do that a lot. I'll hide something really well and can't find it for days and start freaking out. That's a good trade for the 8900. Even though it doesn't have 3G, there are other advantages of having the 8900.
    Let us know what you think of the 8900 when you get it.
    05-01-09 01:06 PM
    Crapping bricks eh? That must've hurt! LOL. But seriously, I'm glad you found your Bold. I do that a lot. I'll hide something really well and can't find it for days and start freaking out. That's a good trade for the 8900. Even though it doesn't have 3G, there are other advantages of having the 8900.
    Let us know what you think of the 8900 when you get it.
    I'm starting to think it's a big IF. I know my friend too well. He's very obedient with his wife. But if I get that bad boy, I am going to be in memory heaven.
    05-01-09 01:09 PM
    Apparently so but the ones here are just lazy lol.

Well the Bold i have its trackball is kinda white but more of a brown colour now...been like that since i bought it from a guy off here...guess hes got dirty fingers ...ive tried cleaning it with white spirit but that didnt do much plus its not that big a deal to be honest.

Ill PM you in a bit wireless...my pin is still the same..but ill give u my new pin as well..well when i get the BIS sorted out..thinking of getting a cheap line and putting a BIS on it.

As for pestering?? lol...bring it!!!

Lazy is an understatement! LOL

You have a brown trackball??? J/K. Yup sounds like that guy who sold it to you had dirty hands and we don't want to even guess how it turned brown! haha

Yeah give me a holla when you're free. I wasn't sure if it's the same PIN or not. It still shows that you're here, so I don't know what's going on.

Oh yeah, I'll bring it on alright!
    05-01-09 01:22 PM
    I'm starting to think it's a big IF. I know my friend too well. He's very obedient with his wife. But if I get that bad boy, I am going to be in memory heaven.

Just tell him the Bold is 10x better than the 8900 and he's missing out on the ultimate BB. Yea if you get the 8900 you'll definitely be in memory heaven and you'll love the size too if you put your BB's in your pocket.
    05-01-09 01:27 PM
    Just tell him the Bold is 10x better than the 8900 and he's missing out on the ultimate BB. Yea if you get the 8900 you'll definitely be in memory heaven and you'll love the size too if you put your BB's in your pocket.

Yup totally agree with that...i had the 8900 myself a few weeks ago...thought id try it out and i was due an upgrade. Its an awesome phone...very small, thin and light and you definitely will be in memory heaven..forget the OCD about mem leaks...u can have as many as you like!!! lol and you dont have to worry about it.

Sadly i sent mine back for another Bold as i couldnt get on without the 3G but if they ever get out a curve with 3G im there!!!.

I just hope the next Bold has more app memory...well we can hope.
    05-01-09 01:33 PM
    Yup totally agree with that...i had the 8900 myself a few weeks ago...thought id try it out and i was due an upgrade. Its an awesome phone...very small, thin and light and you definitely will be in memory heaven..forget the OCD about mem leaks...u can have as many as you like!!! lol and you dont have to worry about it.

Sadly i sent mine back for another Bold as i couldnt get on without the 3G but if they ever get out a curve with 3G im there!!!.

I just hope the next Bold has more app memory...well we can hope.

I tried out the 8900 here as well. Love the size, the trackball seemed to be abit more responsive than the Bold and yes the memory! But I decided not to get it because I'm going back to the Nokia E71-2. As much as I love BB's, the 3rd party apps are way better for S60 than BB. But I'm still keeping my Bold. It just won't be my main phone anymore once I get the E71.

I'm sure RIM will double the app memory with the next sucessor to the Bold. They must've heard about the complaints of the lack of app memory on the Bold. If they haven't, then I'll be more than happy to drive to Waterloo and let them know!
    05-01-09 01:41 PM
    SWEET! I'll be around this evening if it would help to have someone in say an IM client or CrackBerry PMs or something to help walk you through any steps that aren't clear.

Of what's available, I highly recommend .247 as your best option. Lots of users like .266 but I read more about issues with that one than I ever did about .247, and there are more reviews available for .247 to begin with. It's a very stable, nice build of the OS and should dramatically improve your BB's performance whether it totally solves all of your problems or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 02:21 PM
    SWEET! I'll be around this evening if it would help to have someone in say an IM client or CrackBerry PMs or something to help walk you through any steps that aren't clear.

Of what's available, I highly recommend .247 as your best option. Lots of users like .266 but I read more about issues with that one than I ever did about .247, and there are more reviews available for .247 to begin with. It's a very stable, nice build of the OS and should dramatically improve your BB's performance whether it totally solves all of your problems or not.

Thanks for the support.

Ok I have a noobie question. Isn't upgrading to .247 the same process as if I was reinstalling .162? Or are there extra steps?
    05-01-09 02:27 PM
    It's the same thing exactly, but since your version is several revisions back and is giving you issues, I'd do a full wipe before installing .247. From my Bold I can't have multiple browser tabs, but search the how to section for the proper upgrade/downgrade procedure thread. The advanced instrux there are perfect. Grab yourself a copy of CrackMem too, as it will make the wipe much easier and assist in the removal of vendor.xml and anything else you don't want installed with the new OS.

05-01-09 02:32 PM
    My friend did email me the link to upgrade to .247. I think there was other info in that email as well. I take a look.
    05-01-09 02:43 PM
    My friend did email me the link to upgrade to .247. I think there was other info in that email as well. I take a look.

Here ya go miss

Link for upgrade/downgrade procedure: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Link for backing up 3rd party apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Dont say i dont help Wireless haha...
    05-01-09 03:47 PM
    He's very obedient with his wife. But if I get that bad boy, I am going to be in memory heaven.
    And speed h*ll.
    05-01-09 07:06 PM
    Just an update incase anyone is wondering.

Still did not get my refurb yet. I called Rogers yesterday to get the tracking number and guess what?? The refurb was not processed and they need to "escalate" it. I swear if they keep saying that to me I am going to scream!!!!! Apparently because UPS messed up the delivery twice, they decided to use Canada Post for me. LOL. They suspect because it was switched to Canada Post, it was not processed. I swear a bunch of monkeys could run the Rogers call centre better than the CSR's.

I'll let you guys know if I get my refurb by summer.
    05-12-09 10:20 PM
    And the OS upgrade?

05-12-09 10:31 PM
    I can't do anything to my Bold now because I'm still having issues with my PC.
    I can't even backup my stuff.
    05-13-09 12:28 AM
    I need some help. I just got my refurb today. I was able to get to a working PC to backup my data. I did a handheld wipe on the refurb and did a restore. I can't find the weather app., MSN and the email setup icon anywhere.

What should I do?
    05-13-09 11:52 AM
143 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD