Resend the service books?
    05-13-09 11:54 AM
    I don't see another option to resend the service books. I usually do that under the email setup but I can't find that icon.
    05-13-09 11:56 AM
    I don't see another option to resend the service books. I usually do that under the email setup but I can't find that icon.
    You can do it from there.

Doug
    05-13-09 12:14 PM
    Also go to options>advanced options>host routing table, hit menu and select "register now" so you can re-register with Blackberry again.
    05-13-09 12:24 PM
    Thanks guys. I got everything working now. I had to call Rogers to have them reset my account. The data portion wasn't working. I'm just running this refurb vanilla before I add or do any OS update. I just want to make sure everything is ok with it.
    05-13-09 01:32 PM
    Thanks guys. I got everything working now. I had to call Rogers to have them reset my account. The data portion wasn't working. I'm just running this refurb vanilla before I add or do any OS update. I just want to make sure everything is ok with it.
    I'd just update the OS on that bad boy.
    05-13-09 01:44 PM
    I'd just update the OS on that bad boy.

You OS update bully! I kid, I kid! I will......soon.

The trackball on this refurb wasn't as white as the first refurb I got. But the build quality is a lot better than the first one.
    05-13-09 07:28 PM
    I just received my 3rd refurb from Rogers. I can't get the battery door opened! It feels like the latch is pushed right in and it doesn't move I already chipped my nail trying to open it. Any suggestions on what I can use to open it without scratching the phone?
    05-27-09 11:13 AM
    I just received my 3rd refurb from Rogers. I can't get the battery door opened! It feels like the latch is pushed right in and it doesn't move I already chipped my nail trying to open it. Any suggestions on what I can use to open it without scratching the phone?
    I had the exact same problem with my recent replacement. It turns out that the latch is just way more secure than the previous one. Just use something that you can push the latch in with besides your nail that won't scratch it.
    05-27-09 12:14 PM
    I had the exact same problem with my recent replacement. It turns out that the latch is just way more secure than the previous one. Just use something that you can push the latch in with besides your nail that won't scratch it.

I thought it was only the latch but it's also the battery cover. I put my original battery cover on the refurb and it flies right off. I'm beginning to question the quality control of these refurbs. This is the 2nd refurb I got where it had the same problem. I don't know what to do. I'm fed up.
    05-27-09 12:21 PM
    I thought it was only the latch but it's also the battery cover. I put my original battery cover on the refurb and it flies right off. I'm beginning to question the quality control of these refurbs. This is the 2nd refurb I got where it had the same problem. I don't know what to do. I'm fed up.
    Just keep the original cover.
    05-27-09 12:26 PM
    I heard somewhere that all that needs to be returned after replacement is the actual phone we can keep the battery is this correct?
    05-29-09 11:48 AM
    You have to return whatever comes in the refurb box, which is just handset and battery. They will charge you for the extra battery if you keep it.
    05-29-09 12:47 PM
    I didn't want to create a new thread so I thought I bring this one back to life.

I wanted to know are the recent refurb Bold's keyboard backlighting has abit of a greenish look to it? The last 3 refurbs I got from Rogers were like that. Two of them were Made in Mexico and the last one was Made in Canada. The Made in Mexico ones, the return key didn't light up that much. The last one I got didn't even light up at all so I couldn't see the return key when it was dark. I returned all of them to Rogers. I still have my original Bold which is gradually getting worse. I wanted to know if the greenish keyboard backlight was normal. My current one lights up bright white.
    08-09-09 12:20 AM
    I didn't want to create a new thread so I thought I bring this one back to life.

I wanted to know are the recent refurb Bold's keyboard backlighting has abit of a greenish look to it? The last 3 refurbs I got from Rogers were like that. Two of them were Made in Mexico and the last one was Made in Canada. The Made in Mexico ones, the return key didn't light up that much. The last one I got didn't even light up at all so I couldn't see the return key when it was dark. I returned all of them to Rogers. I still have my original Bold which is gradually getting worse. I wanted to know if the greenish keyboard backlight was normal. My current one lights up bright white.
    Lol poor you and your bad luck . I know the E72 cant come soon enough
    08-10-09 07:43 PM
    Lol poor you and your bad luck . I know the E72 cant come soon enough

I have the worst luck with BB's. I know, I know. But I have to get what works best for me. I can't afford to lose my calendar dates again.
    08-10-09 09:09 PM
    Well what in the world have you done by now?
    08-11-09 01:47 AM
    Well what in the world have you done by now?

Do you mean the refurbs or my defective Bold that I still have? I upgraded the OS to .282 and it's no better. The app memory is better, but I don't see a big difference from .162 and .282. So it's definitely hardware and not software related.
    08-11-09 12:03 PM
143 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD