Hi,

I am sure that there were posts before but never found answers on what I was looking for.

I plan to travel to Montreal next week and buy the Bold @ an Rogers Shop. So i am wondering on the availability these days.

Then the next steps.... I read that I can purchase the Unlock Code @ Free your Cellphone and that they work quickly. Do I need manually to change the GPRS (3G), SMS and MMS settings to AT&T or is that an automated process. If not, where can i find the right codes.

Thanks for your help,
    08-24-08 01:31 PM
    Guys, anything on the setting for ATT. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Hayo
    08-25-08 10:04 AM
    I have no idea about the availability in Canada as I'm in Chicago, but on your other points:

I believe configuring settings will depend on who you unlock through. I have seen some people say they didn't have to do anything, others say they had to configure ports and what-not. You can get a list of configurations on HoFo in the AT&T forum I believe, and probably on here somewhere, but as I'm new on here, I'm not sure, so maybe a more seasoned user could point those out.

They aren't really hard to set up, and it's probably a question you could ask whoever you choose to unlock through, as I'm sure they'd know what configurations you need to input for AT&T.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...
    08-25-08 10:07 AM
    The availability for this phone at this moment is like the iPhone. Each stores are only getting small shipments. I am sure there are thousands sitting at Rogers warehouses. Makes me wonder is Rogers doing this on purpose to create a hype. I can see the iPhone 3G shortage, but the Blackberry Bold? I am sure RIM have these devices made a while ago and was just a matter of time for Rogers to release it.
    08-25-08 10:26 AM
    I didn't understand the shortage on release day, But now it should be readily available, I was thinking about getting an un-locked version but I didn't want to risk getting a fake and spending nearly $1000 on it...
    Hopefully it works for you.
    08-25-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD