I used to have a Bold that could stream internet radios with no problems through Mobiola Xplayer or Moodio. I changed for an Iphone for about 3 months and now I'm back with the Bold and for some reason it won't work.
    Moodio doesn't work at all, I get a message that
    With Xplayer it says Preparing then Buffering for about 2 mins before it starts to play and stays on about 20seconds or so before it says Preparing again.
    I have tried Flycast with the same result. Long time buffering and less than a minute of play .

Could that be an OS problem ? ot the softwares ? or maybe the handset itself ? (its not the same one i had before).

oddly enough, I downloaded Berrytunes and it streams for almost 2 hours non-stop until I stopped it. the only problem, Berrytunes station are preset only. u cannot add your stations to it. but that rules out the network being the problem.

this is the one thing that's giving me second thoughts about switching back to BB. anybody else the same issues ?

PS : i had the same problem with OS 162,216 and 247.
    04-29-09 06:02 PM
    I used to have a Bold that could stream internet radios with no problems through Mobiola Xplayer or Moodio. I changed for an Iphone for about 3 months and now I'm back with the Bold and for some reason it won't work.
    Moodio doesn't work at all, I get a message that
    With Xplayer it says Preparing then Buffering for about 2 mins before it starts to play and stays on about 20seconds or so before it says Preparing again.
    I have tried Flycast with the same result. Long time buffering and less than a minute of play .

Could that be an OS problem ? ot the softwares ? or maybe the handset itself ? (its not the same one i had before).

oddly enough, I downloaded Berrytunes and it streams for almost 2 hours non-stop until I stopped it. the only problem, Berrytunes station are preset only. u cannot add your stations to it. but that rules out the network being the problem.

this is the one thing that's giving me second thoughts about switching back to BB. anybody else the same issues ?

PS : i had the same problem with OS 162,216 and 247.
    Did you change the APN settings under Options/ Advanced/ TCP/IP? See the Rogers APN link on my sig.
    04-29-09 06:45 PM
    tried that also, still not working.
    04-29-09 07:00 PM
    I'm sure you've checked this as well but......Flycast only works for me if my firewall is disabled.
    04-29-09 07:09 PM
    nothing works. Flycast can only work for a few second and then goes forever to Buffering.
    It's just weird that all softwares would not play meaning it could be the OS, the handset or the network. yet one plays without any problems.

I was told that stations can be added to Berrytunes, does anybody know how ? I've search everywhere.
    04-30-09 11:08 AM
    nothing works. Flycast can only work for a few second and then goes forever to Buffering.
    It's just weird that all softwares would not play meaning it could be the OS, the handset or the network. yet one plays without any problems.

I was told that stations can be added to Berrytunes, does anybody know how ? I've search everywhere.
    I actually had problems with Flycast too yesterday. Couldn't find web address or something rather. 2 battery pulls later, I was back in business.

Once in a while now it won't want to load or buffer, but I am going to blame that on the network/signal as I was in a two bar 3G area at the time.
    04-30-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD