Hey all, I just ordered a refurb bold from at&t, and was wondering what .mp3 specs the bold uses for its ringtones. I know how to use audacity/goldwave, just wanted to know the bitrate, low and high frequency cutoff for the speakers, etc i should use for making them. If someone can supply me with this information i would be glad to make some custom ringtones for people if they wanted. I've done this in the past with my previous phones, but the bold has a much better audio output and stereo speakers, so...

Thanks.
    Last edited by solarisin; 05-29-09 at 01:33 AM.
    05-29-09 12:25 AM
    people just download straight to their phones from Myxer - Download Ringtones and More

As for the settings just do trial and error on what sounds the best without using a lot of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 12:50 AM
    i understand that most people just download theirs, and i would do trial/error, but havent recieved the bold in the mail just yet(should be tomorrow). I was just wanting to know if someone already knew the technical specifications for the bold output card and speakers.
    05-29-09 01:34 AM
    I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to:
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 review: Berry with guts - GSMArena.com

Scroll towards the bottom of the page.

And btw the preloaded ringtones are in .m4a formats.
    05-29-09 05:23 AM
    Actually, that is exactly what i was looking for! I especially wanted to know the curve at which the audio output drops in the low frequencies, and that shows it!

Thanks!
    05-29-09 11:03 AM
    solarsin

Having no expertise knowledge of this particular side of phones, unlike yourself, I am finding this thread subject quite interesting.

Does the data from GSMarena allow someone like you to determine the best bitrate, sampling rate etc to use?

If so, I would like to hear your findings. Over the years I've just been going for the lowest of each of the aforementioned attributes without the resulting file sounding to lossy. That's about as scientific I've got with ringtones but would love to learn more
    05-29-09 12:42 PM
    yeah, essentially. That chart tells you the performance of the Bold's onboard speakers. Since the speakers are so small, it is impossible for them to create sound below a certain frequency. The chart tells me what frequencies the Bold can correctly output, and I don't need to mess around with finding the correct high-pass filter to apply to the mp3. It really is mostly about playing around with it. I use audacity to edit my mp3's, because its free. Hopefully that helps you out a bit.
    06-19-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD