Maybe it's just mine, but the standby button is a little difficult to push to turn standby mode on and off with ease. Not sure if you need nails for it, but it's too much hassle to switch on and off - on my device, anyways.

I just lock the keys and toss it in my back pocket.
    08-13-09 04:40 AM
    I use the OEM BB horizontal holster and sometimes the Seidio clip. Both are great.
    08-13-09 05:06 AM
    Holster the beast in a leather BB topcase or Seidio hloster or Casemate Fuel holster. Of the three, Bb topcase is good in professional situations whereas the Seidio case does not add much bulk at all. I have also been giving some thought to the casemate fuel holster which charges the Bold in holster.

The advantages are as follows:
    1) No **** calls.
    2) No scratched or cracked screens.
    3) Less dust and lint are better for all electronic devices especially as expensive as the Bols is.
    4) Less chance of dropping and damaging the phone.
    5) Holsters with a swivel clip can be turned horizontally to increase comfort. If using a leather case, get a horizontal one.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 05:08 AM
    The device also is in standby mode thereby conserving batteries.

08-13-09 05:11 AM
    I have always kept mine in my front pocket. I just depress the mute key and put in standby before putting it in. I also have a casemate case on mine. I have never had any problems at all!
    08-13-09 07:26 AM
    ....or you can just assign one of your side convenience keys for keypad lock..

i have no clue why i didnt think of thaat lol insteadt of always clicking the lock icon, but anyways i found that the bold is kinda big so i just keep it and carry my phone in the caser that comes with the phone i try to make it look as awesome as i can lol but yea lint in the trackball=no good .you can always try that just use the pouch
    08-13-09 12:10 PM
    da only time ive pressed buttons with my bold in my pocket is if i put too much pressure on the pocket with my bold in it... other than dat i have no problem!
    i also dont use any skins that will add bulk.. i have a layer of phantomskinz. BSE also works well to protect my bold from scratches.
    08-13-09 03:07 PM
    I've been pocketing my Bold since day 1. I've had no problem with lint INSIDE the phone, but just around the edges of the LCD screen. Just use a cloth to wipe it off.

One caution of pocketing your BB is to be careful of moisture (sweat). My first Bold failed because of sweat/moisture in my pocket.
    08-13-09 08:18 PM
    yes cigardad where can you get that case, place for mem card, want it... pls
    Last edited by Love.My.Bold; 08-13-09 at 11:59 PM. Reason: used pouch instead of case, duh
    08-13-09 11:58 PM
    hey, to all those who keep their bolds in their pockets: i'm thinking about getting a bold but always keep it in my pocket- do you click alot of keys accidentally in your pocket? for my 8900, the buttons are so firm that they never get pushed, but being that the bold is bigger, does it affect it at all? the problem with keeping my 8900 in my pocket is that lint always gets caught everywhere- screen, keys, etc...cant stand it! does lint get caught in the bolds keyboard? any thoughts would be great...thanks all!
    Subscribing here.

08-14-09 01:40 AM
    My bold has lived in my pocket with only a screen protector for company for much of the 10 months I've owned it - though I always make sure it's the only thing in that pocket. Keys and coins will mark it eventually. I've had a little bit of lint that i blow out once in a while, but the bold handles a lot - water, drops, vomit... don't ask.
    08-14-09 03:31 PM
    If you HAVE to put the Bold in your pocket, put a silicone skin on it.
    08-14-09 03:56 PM
    Pocket+Screen Protector+"A/*" key to lock.
    08-14-09 05:19 PM
    I put mine either in my right shirt pocket (at
    work in coveralls in the sleep holster with the clip removed) or I put it in a cell phone pock
    et in my shorts with the phone locked

08-14-09 06:44 PM
    Excuse me I have tried both standby and keyboard lock when playing media but none would work. Any thoughts?
    08-22-09 04:56 PM
    I was testing the holstering method when i took the BB Bold out it asked for a password. I had disabled passwords so that was a surprise. I put in what i had set as a password and it immediately went to a white screen, with the word "WPing" and a black progress bar. Not good. It did this a few times and took ages. Then it went to "Scrubbing Inter(blocked out by a timer icon)ervice memory. Not good at all Sam. It did this a few times and took even longer. I let it do it's thing and then it turned off and had a red light. I turned it on and up came the system ok, but all my settings for exchange mail, contacts, calendar had vanished. As we are trialling this BB Bold for our company this issue is a big X.
    I am getting our helpdesk mail ok but not my personal mail. Might have to set up the BES info again?
    Another thing is before when we were given the phones the icons were white on black, now they have colors...that looks nice but why weren't they there before.
    Ahh another wonderful learning curve.
    08-22-09 08:01 PM
    I always keep mine in my pockets n usually put it on standby, but wen I do forget to put it on standby or lock it I've never had any calls made by it self or anythin like that....it also depends how tight you wear your jeans lol
    08-22-09 08:05 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD