hey, to all those who keep their bolds in their pockets: i'm thinking about getting a bold but always keep it in my pocket- do you click alot of keys accidentally in your pocket? for my 8900, the buttons are so firm that they never get pushed, but being that the bold is bigger, does it affect it at all? the problem with keeping my 8900 in my pocket is that lint always gets caught everywhere- screen, keys, etc...cant stand it! does lint get caught in the bolds keyboard? any thoughts would be great...thanks all!
    08-11-09 10:48 PM
    no. just hold down the * key before you put it in your pocket
    08-11-09 10:57 PM
    ....or you can just assign one of your side convenience keys for keypad lock..
    08-11-09 11:12 PM
    Or put it in standby to

1. Save battery and
    2. Have the keyboard locked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:19 PM
    or you can not put it in your pocket and use a holster..lol
    08-11-09 11:33 PM
    or buy autostandby so that it goes into standby (save battery and lock keyboard) at a pre-determined interval set by you...
    08-11-09 11:46 PM
    08-11-09 11:54 PM
    You have many options like everyone else said use the k or * to lock it manually, or get an app like autostandy and/or use a holster or pocket pouch.
    08-11-09 11:57 PM
    Like everyone is saying you can set it to standby, you can lock the phone before you put it in your pocket or you can use a holster. With my Bold I have called people accidently many times and even texted people by accident.
    08-12-09 12:56 AM
    although my bold is always in my hands cuz i can never stop looking at it, when i do put it in my pocket i set my left convenience key to keypad lock and i just push it right before it slides in. very handy
    i would just put it on standyby mode to save battery but you actually have to hold that button down and it doesnt lock yoru phone meaning anyone could just turn it on and look through your stuff.
    while when yoru keypad is locked, you can set it to have a password
    08-12-09 01:02 AM
    hey, to all those who keep their bolds in their pockets: i'm thinking about getting a bold but always keep it in my pocket- do you click alot of keys accidentally in your pocket? for my 8900, the buttons are so firm that they never get pushed, but being that the bold is bigger, does it affect it at all? the problem with keeping my 8900 in my pocket is that lint always gets caught everywhere- screen, keys, etc...cant stand it! does lint get caught in the bolds keyboard? any thoughts would be great...thanks all!
    I hate holsters so I bought the pouch from blackberry and use that in my pocket. At times I will put it in my pocket without the pouch but only in a pocket with nothing else. The pouch is great.
    08-12-09 09:16 AM
    I keep mine in my pocket and never have any problems with pressing buttons or anything. I keep it in a holster in my purse though. I never have put it into standby, but that's a great easy idea.
    08-12-09 09:42 AM
    Or put it in standby to

1. Save battery and

3. If you have a password on your phone, just locking the keyboard doesn't stop you from accidentally entering a bogus password while the phone is in your pocket. Standby requires you to use the mute key to take off standby before any other keys can be depressed (except maybe 911 calls?) Anyway, standby has more pros than just locking the keyboard. Autostandby is an awesome app.
    08-12-09 09:45 AM
    thanks everyone, great responses. i hate phone cases to be honest- they make the phone so much bigger...i use a skin on my 8900 but because the phone is so small already, it doesnt make a dramatic difference. im just worried about the lint and crap that gets in the keys and screen...the 8900 is terrible with it
    08-12-09 09:58 AM
    thanks everyone, great responses. i hate phone cases to be honest- they make the phone so much bigger...i use a skin on my 8900 but because the phone is so small already, it doesnt make a dramatic difference. im just worried about the lint and crap that gets in the keys and screen...the 8900 is terrible with it
    I'll be honest, I haven't noticed a lot of lint and such getting in the keys. I wear scrubs to work and keep my bold in my pocket; even if I wear jeans, it's in my back pocket. So far, no problem at all.
    08-12-09 10:42 AM
    Scratched and broken LCD screens are a common result of pocketed cell phones. Pants pockets are the worst place to carry a cell phone(especially the back pocket). If you're going to place your phone in your pocket at a minimum get a screen protector. As far as lint penetrating your phone, theres not much u can do about that.
    Last edited by JD914; 08-12-09 at 10:55 AM.
    08-12-09 10:52 AM
    CigarDad...where did you get your pouch? I've been searching for one like that and have been unable to find. Thanks in advance.
    08-12-09 10:58 AM
    Scratched and broken LCD screens are a common result of pocketed cell phones. Pants pockets are the worst place to carry a cell phone(especially the back pocket). If you're going to place your phone in your pocket at a minimum get a screen protector. As far as lint penetrating your phone, theres not much u can do about that.
    Whew! Good point. Glad I haven't broken mine yet... I really don't sit on it though, it's in my pocket while I'm walking so it's not in my hand for me to drop it!
    08-12-09 11:06 AM
    Whew! Good point. Glad I haven't broken mine yet... I really don't sit on it though, it's in my pocket while I'm walking so it's not in my hand for me to drop it!
    I hope this never happens to you but there are people that have come here crying that they sat on their phones by accident and cracked their screens. It's that one time you forget it's there and have a seat..................ouch!!!!
    08-12-09 11:40 AM
    I hope this never happens to you but there are people that have come here crying that they sat on their phones by accident and cracked their screens. It's that one time you forget it's there and have a seat..................ouch!!!!

Oh me either, you've certainly made me rethink my whole "backpocket" deal here. I AM the one that would forget and sit down and then cry about it!
    08-12-09 11:46 AM
    i'm definitely the one to sit on it also! haha, ill see about getting a screen protector, and possibly a skin for the bold, but i cant stand the bulkness that comes along with a case and to keep it on my belt is something i dont really like either, il take alook at the options and see, thanks for all the info everyone its really helpful...hopefully the bold wont gather as much lint as the 8900- because of the way the keys are designed, crap gets stuck in them all the time-
    08-12-09 12:51 PM
    Or put it in standby to

1. Save battery and

much better idea.. I keep it in my pocket all the time... get used to the bulky size of it.
    08-12-09 01:36 PM
    I hate holsters as well, much too bulky and a much easier chance of getting it caught on something and damaging it. I've always put my phone in my pocket. On my Bold I use a screen protector and always use standby (never just the keylock). Never seen any lint in the keys or anything so I don't think that's an issue.
    08-12-09 02:17 PM
    Mine is in my front pocket all of the time. I just put it in Standby before it goes into my pocket.
    08-12-09 03:54 PM
    08-13-09 12:41 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD