Hey all- for those of us who don't have our hands the BOLD, I was wondering how people are finding the actual phone and speaker phone? After all the bold is a PHONE! I had a iPhone 2G which just had awful phone volume and the speaker phone was also awful. We've heard about memory issues from Kevin, and some browser issues, how is the phone?
    08-26-08 11:41 AM
    great, they've included a new feature in handset mode, to Enhance call Audio

the options are normal, bass boost, and treble boost.

they are pretty much self explanatory and they work well, once you select a mode every subsequent call using your handset will use the previously selected mode, but this can be changed on the fly during a phone call...

so far I find the normal mode to be nicely equalized, but on some calls I find myself playing with this option.
    08-26-08 12:13 PM
    thanks x, that sounds pretty sick! how is the speaker phone volume? also when you're in an area with background noise how is it?
    08-26-08 12:16 PM
    i've been really happy with the volume and clarity of my Bold - though I have been using a Sidekick 2 and 3 for a few years, who are known for being rubbish to talk on - so perhaps my standards are lower than everyone elses? haha
    08-26-08 12:26 PM
    its been great as a phone so far .. I didnt even know there were other audio bass and eq settings have to go find em heheh
    08-26-08 12:36 PM
    when there is noise in the background I personally find the speaker phone a little low.
    08-26-08 12:39 PM
    been using the Bold as a phone for the past few days... every bit as good as my dedicated Samsung mobile... the speakerphone is actually better... I had a clear conversation with someone whilst it was sat on the passenger seat of my car whilst I as driving along... not bad at all... for both parties.
    08-26-08 01:29 PM
    thanks for the info all!
    08-26-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD